Brian Gutekunst to become Packers GM

deltarich87

Just watched the press conference and I really like what I saw and heard from Brian.  First, I think he’ll be a helluva lot more convincing to top player prospects and FA’s than the Great White Ghost.  Brian seems smart, hip, and affable, and his youth will be a plus when talking with players who are considering signing with GB.

A lot to be excited about, folks.  I think Brian will implement his own model for success, and as Murphy said, he doesn’t want to micromanage football operations.  Vic Fangio- come to GB and join a winning franchise!

Tom Silverstein✔@TomSilverstein

"Gutekunst made it clear that the #Packers will be active in free agency, at least to the point where they will actually compete for the players they want. He said that excited the staff."

I remember when some thought it was just ungrateful, spoiled fans who decried the previous GM's refusal to take part in free agency.

Happy for all the loyal Packer FO and coaching staff who finally get to partake in all avenues for roster building just like the rest of the NFL teams.

Getting more excited for the 2018 season every time Gut communicates about his plans for the team.

6 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Just watched the press conference and I really like what I saw and heard from Brian.  First, I think he’ll be a helluva lot more convincing to top player prospects and FA’s than the Great White Ghost.  Brian seems smart, hip, and affable, and his youth will be a plus when talking with players who are considering signing with GB.

A lot to be excited about, folks.  I think Brian will implement his own model for success, and as Murphy said, he doesn’t want to micromanage football operations.  Vic Fangio- come to GB and join a winning franchise!

Where did you watch it ? Packers.com always takes forever to post it

3 minutes ago, gopackgo27 said:

He had some personal demons to get in check but if that side of things checks out I'd love to have him back in our FO.

Heard about that, wasn't it in Washington, or did he have a problem when he was in Green Bay?

1 minute ago, jleisher said:

Does anybody else get the feeling that the Bears hire as HC, Matt Nagey was not their first choice?  Thinking they hired him to have a day to get Fangio resigned, or try.  Almost feels like a panic pick in away, to me at least.

Nothing against Nagy, but if that was the Bears intention (to get someone signed before Vic decides to leave), then I’m not so sure that will give Vic a lot of confidence to stay.  Unless, Vic somehow had a voice in his hiring.  Nagy is young and very unproven.  Of course, I have no idea about what motivates Vic, so it’s anybody’s guess at the moment.

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Because he is top 3 in active coaches in win%, top 25 all time.

But you just keep going by your infallible 'eye test'.

Ah, the classic "look at his record". Love it. may I introduce you to ex-Golden State coach, Mark Jackson?? 

Boom.

1 hour ago, ArthurPensky said:

wow, Murphy did acknowledge he will hire and fire coach. Step back from his press conference onthe GM search. Stuck his foot in the mouth there.

So, I was right afterall. That can't sit well with some of the folks on here. LOL.

Question for the Ted supporters over the years. They loved how he handled free agency. Now, the new guy says he's gonna be more aggressive. Yet, you love that now all of a sudden? This constant flip-flopping of opinions cracks me up. 

Archived