Brian Gutekunst to become Packers GM

deltarich87

2 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Yet, any time people said Dom or Ted needs to go, they'd get ripped by him or others. And here we are. The Packers obviously agreed it was time to move on from those 2. 

Many people here need a huge serving of crow...and owe others an apology. 

Your incoherent ramblings are entertaining. I'll give you that

17 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Yet, any time people said Dom or Ted needs to go, they'd get ripped by him or others. And here we are. The Packers obviously agreed it was time to move on from those 2. 

Many people here need a huge serving of crow...and owe others an apology. 

Not mutually exclusive concepts. Just because the team thinks that now is the year to make a change does not mean they regretted taking their chances with those guys in previous years. That is a leap in logic you are making to confirm your own biases. 

As for apologies, I estimate you owe some for your insufferable narcissistic tantrums. 

35 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Yet, any time people said Dom or Ted needs to go, they'd get ripped by him or others.

The defense of Dom ended for all but a couple of diehards earlier this season.

Most rational fans, even those naturally inclined to defend management/coaches from any and all criticism, realized Dom and his D needed to be shown the door.

As for the prior GM, the steady stream of news reports coming out regarding the organizational dysfunction and discord the past few years are still being processed by his loyal fans. It will be interesting to see who the old GM's loyal fans blame for that dysfunction/discord or if, as I suspect, they just pretend no such issues ever exited inside 1265.

While those of us critical of the previous GM are thrilled he has been deposed and his successor has pointedly announced he will deviate from the previous, crimped methods of roster building so that the Packers are doing everything in their power to compete for a championship next season, expecting his adoring fans to suddenly concede his flaws led to negative outcomes for the organization is probably a bit too much to ask for at this early date. 

24 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's never as black and white and cut and dry as you make things sound, with drafting or FA.

AJ Bouye and Calais Campbell we're signed right away, and the Jaguars are in the playoffs because of them. 

Andrew Whitworth signed on day 1, he was the LT that beat out Bahk for All-Pro and a huge reason for Goff's turn around.

The Jaguars literally had to spend money in free agency in order to meet the minimum.  That's a wildly different scenario, and you know it.

Whitworth is 36 years old and he signed a 3 year deal worth 33 million dollars.  If you think that was a good deal, that's your own damn fault. 

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I will always be against free agency for the first two weeks of free agency.  Always.  99 times out of 100 you are overpaying and you are not getting your money's worth.  People here are going to be in for a very rude awakening.  Either we are going to continue NOT signing the free agents they want us to, or we are going to sign those free agents and we still aren't going to win Super Bowls.

Super Bowls aren't won by first two weeks of free agency.  They're won by bargains in free agency, good drafting, and good management of a roster throughout the season. 

This is way too rigid of a position. Signing a top guy in the first 2 weeks doesn't guarantee a free ride to the SB, but on a team that has 12, it could be the difference. 

I got an idea. Let's stop picking on Slinky. It's not adding anything to the conversation. Slinky is entitled to his opinions and we're entitled to agree or disagree. I'm more interested in pursuing ideas regarding BG's statement that he will be more aggressive in FA. I'm excited about that. What positions of need on the Packers would be better served by a veteran FA rather than a rookie high draft choice? I vote for WR and TE. Use the draft for Edge Rusher and CB. Seems like rookies have better success rate at Edge and CB, but I haven't any data. Anybody care to contribute to this conversation?

I like BG as a nickname. Could also stand for BigGuy. "Hey, the BigGuy had a press conference today." You know. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I got an idea. Let's stop picking on Slinky. It's not adding anything to the conversation. Slinky is entitled to his opinions and we're entitled to agree or disagree. I'm more interested in pursuing ideas regarding BG's statement that he will be more aggressive in FA. I'm excited about that. What positions of need on the Packers would be better served by a veteran FA rather than a rookie high draft choice? I vote for WR and TE. Use the draft for Edge Rusher and CB. Seems like rookies have better success rate at Edge and CB, but I haven't any data. Anybody care to contribute to this conversation?

I like BG as a nickname. Could also stand for BigGuy. "Hey, the BigGuy had a press conference today." You know. 

Picking on?! You act like it's random. Pick on is supposed to be something that's unfair or brought on without cause. Not the case.

I'm tired of terrible opinions being protected by the "he's entitled to his opinion." Of course he is. So is anyone else who is disagreeing with him. Why are you censoring their opinions?! Why are they not entitled to theirs? 

"Hey stop posting your opinions, the guy you replied to is entitled to his, but you aren't." Makes sense yeah?

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Picking on?! You act like it's random.

I'm tired of terrible opinions being protected by the "he's entitled to his opinion." Of course he is. So is anyone else who is disagreeing with him. Why are you censoring their opinions?! Why are they not entitled to theirs? 

Hey stop posting your opinions, the guy you replied to is entitled to his, but you aren't. Makes sense yeah?

Um, it's going to take me a while to digest this. I just want to keep the focus on football. I learn a lot from this site. But as a former classroom teacher, I can absolutely tell you that, if you want a healthy discussion, people have to feel intellectually secure, or they calm up. Or just leave. 

Archived