Brian Gutekunst to become Packers GM

deltarich87

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

If you think the Packers signing a 36 year old tackle to a three year, 33 million dollar deal in which he will cost a minimum of 6 million dead cap in his second year is a good idea

I asked why you suggested it was a bad deal for the Rams. I said nothing about the Packers in relation to Whitworth. We have Bahktiari, he's excellent. And yea, Whitworth completely transformed their OL, which was one of the worst in the league last season. Goff took a huge leap, Gurley was the best RB in football, and the unsung hero is Andrew. I'd say any signing like that for any team is a grand slam. 

9 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

For every Whitworth, there are three Vernons.

Who are you referring to? Olivier Vernon? How is Vernon a bust? 

I don't understand your hostility towards me (or how anyone could genuinely have hostility for someone in a football forum), but I can't say I'm all that surprised either. If anyone calls you out, you act like they shot your family member. Lighten up bro. Do you still think Clay Matthews is an All-Pro? 

It's Tuesday, January 9th, 5:24 AM on the west coast, and that's still a terrible take. 

Just now, persiandud said:

Do you still think Clay Matthews is an All-Pro?

This is why.  You're a ***** *** *****.  Do you know how many times people are wrong?  99.99 percent of people on this site don't go back and call people out on what they say in the middle of a debate or argument.  You do.  You offer nothing, and you critique months old opinions.  You are a ***** *** *****.  Leave me alone. 

PAB

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

This is why.  You're a ***** *** *****.  Do you know how many times people are wrong?  99.99 percent of people on this site don't go back and call people out on what they say in the middle of a debate or argument.  You do.  You offer nothing, and you critique months old opinions.  You are a ***** *** *****.  Leave me alone. 

PAB

Jesus man. Calm down. 

3 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Do you know how many times people are wrong?

My guy, if you had admitted you were wrong about Matthews in the many occasions you were defending him and publicly bashing anyone who thought otherwise, then I wouldn't keep poking fun at you for it. 

If I had missed where you admitted that recently, then my bad. You just admitted as much in that post, and that's honestly very refreshing to see around here. A lot of people stubbornly die on hills with their takes, it's always good to see when people can admit they were wrong. 

Now, if only we can get everyone to realize Mike McCarthy isn't an "elite" football guy. @incognito_man-_-

I strongly believe that cutting Matthews when we have limited pass rush is just cutting off your nose to spite your face. I think he is one of the players on our defence that has positional flexibility to play either 3-4 or 4-3 for whomever we decide to hire as our new coordinator. He will be only 32 when the season starts and I think he still have a good 3 productive years left in him. A new coordinator and possibly a new system may help rejuvenate Matthew's game. He's clearly one of the best players on our defence so I think we owe it to ourselves to give Clay the opportunity to show what he can do for us under the new coordinator rather than letting him shine elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Chili said:

I strongly believe that cutting Matthews when we have limited pass rush is just cutting off your nose to spite your face. I think he is one of the players on our defence that has positional flexibility to play either 3-4 or 4-3 for whoever we decide to hire as our new coordinator. He will be only 32 when the season starts and I think he still have a good 3 productive years left in him. A new coordinator and possibly a new system may help rejuvenate Matthew's game. He's clearly one of the best players on our defence so I think we owe it to ourselves to give Clay the opportunity to show what he can do for us under the new coordinator rather than letting him shine elsewhere.

That's a fair take. Ideally, I'd like him to take a pay cut/restructure. I think there's still a place for Matthews on this team

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

I strongly believe that cutting Matthews when we have limited pass rush is just cutting off your nose to spite your face. I think he is one of the players on our defence that has positional flexibility to play either 3-4 or 4-3 for whomever we decide to hire as our new coordinator. He will be only 32 when the season starts and I think he still have a good 3 productive years left in him. A new coordinator and possibly a new system may help rejuvenate Matthew's game. He's clearly one of the best players on our defence so I think we owe it to ourselves to give Clay the opportunity to show what he can do for us under the new coordinator rather than letting him shine elsewhere.

I don't see the Packers cutting CMIII....just too talented in an area where they have no talent.

4 minutes ago, persiandud said:

That's a fair take. Ideally, I'd like him to take a pay cut/restructure. I think there's still a place for Matthews on this team

Yep .. they can rework that deal and still make it worth it to Clay.  If we are going to be a player in free agency we have a number of contracts that should probably be restructured.  I heard one of the talking heads .. Nagler maybe, say that Jordy Nelson has said he is open to having some things done with contract.  

7 minutes ago, persiandud said:

Me too.  And if Gute adds another pass rusher both Clay and Nick will be more effective.

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yep .. they can rework that deal and still make it worth it to Clay.  If we are going to be a player in free agency we have a number of contracts that should probably be restructured.  I heard one of the talking heads .. Nagler maybe, say that Jordy Nelson has said he is open to having some things done with contract.  

If true, yet another reason to love Jordy Nelson. I would think the bigger question is how Cobb would handle the notion of a restructure. If they all restructure, then we're in great shape! Things don't always pan out that way. If I had to guess at this point, Matthews and Nelson restructure their deals and end their careers with us. 

If Ted was still our GM, I'd say it's VERY unlikely Cobb would be cut if he didn't agree to a restructured deal. He'd just play out his contract. Now that "Gutey" is in though, could we expect a different approach? Would he cut Cobb? I highly doubt it. 

7 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Me too.  And if Gute adds another pass rusher both Clay and Nick will be more effective.

A stud pass rusher is a must! It's somewhat refreshing that we're picking at #14. We're all used to seeing good pass rushing talent fall off the board before we pick. I've been watching some tape of edge rushers. I think we can cross off Bradley Chubb as a possibility, he's a lock top ten pick. Arden Key, maybe? What do you guys think ?

Archived