Brian Gutekunst to become Packers GM

deltarich87

15 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

It is nice we've had a couple late round picks pan out. So does every team. That isn't special.

Not at the rate GB does. Some do but plenty don't. But I know it's tempting for people to just squint their eyes and handwave it away so they can continue in their entitled complaining.

1 hour ago, pacman5252 said:

Yeah, we haven't had high picks, but since 2010, the only high end player that was drafted by GB that has been a high end player for us is D Bak.

If that's your threshold for "high end player", how many of those do you think most teams have over this time period?

Take out AR, we're a 4 win team.

Nobody can know that. There hasn't been a true test with an average level replacement quarterback and allowing GB to spend that cap difference that an injured Arod takes up on the roster. Sure, a QB as good as Arod makes the win total look higher, but by the same token, a QB as bad as Hundley makes the roster look worse than it is. They basically played .500 ball with Matt Flynn as qb.

listening to Gute, it is disappointing.

maybe it wouldn't be if fans learned the limitations of the salary cap and inverse draft order. then they could develop realistic expectations.

10 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

This is why.  You're a ***** *** *****.  Do you know how many times people are wrong?  99.99 percent of people on this site don't go back and call people out on what they say in the middle of a debate or argument.  You do.  You offer nothing, and you critique months old opinions.  You are a ***** *** *****.  Leave me alone. 

PAB

I am sorry, but I had to laugh at this.  You gave me some stuff about something I said and you disagreed with, and you were right, but this just might be some Karma.

2 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

Professionally speaking... Wolf would be a fool not to go to Oakland

Honestly, I'm not sure that Wolf going to Oakland is the right play.  There were already rumblings that McKenzie was on the hotseat, and if they made a move from him that new GM probably has less authority than McKenzie currently has given the commitment the Raiders just made to Jon Gruden.

15 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, I'm not sure that Wolf going to Oakland is the right play.  There were already rumblings that McKenzie was on the hotseat, and if they made a move from him that new GM probably has less authority than McKenzie currently has given the commitment the Raiders just made to Jon Gruden.

Yeaaaa that’s true. I haven’t seen the new structure there but i can imagine Gruden has a lot more control than most HCs across the league

I feel like at this point a lot of these young guys are seeing Cleveland as a great opportunity. The possibility of being a guy involved in resurrecting a broken franchise and putting them on the map. Cleveland putting together a great FO. I hope it works for them.

Archived