Brian Gutekunst to become Packers GM

deltarich87

Just now, packerrfan74 said:

I feel like at this point a lot of these young guys are seeing Cleveland as a great opportunity. The possibility of being a guy involved in resurrecting a broken franchise and putting them on the map. Cleveland putting together a great FO. I hope it works for them.

only problem is they still have to deal with an abysmal owner who has saddled that FO with Hue for at least another wasted season.

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

only problem is they still have to deal with an abysmal owner who has saddled that FO with Hue for at least another wasted season.

And bigger problem on top of that is, they will probably load that team with talent, causing Her to go 5-11 or 6-10 and that will land him a lifetime contract.

5 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

I feel like at this point a lot of these young guys are seeing Cleveland as a great opportunity. The possibility of being a guy involved in resurrecting a broken franchise and putting them on the map. Cleveland putting together a great FO. I hope it works for them.

Too bad they will all be looking for work again in two or three years.

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I think its refreshing and a positive for them to be sticking with a HC for more then a couple seasons. When Hue took the job, he made his vision clear.. this a full blown rebuild. There is a reason they didn't take a QB last season, and its because they were building the roster. They are making moves for the future. Njoku looks like he could easily be a top 3 TE soon, Garrett will be an all-pro, and hopefully they will find a good spot for Peppers. Hue obviously isnt some coach you want to keep around forever, but they need some level of consistency and willingness to stick with a staff for more then a season or two.

1 minute ago, packerrfan74 said:

I think its refreshing and a positive for them to be sticking with a HC for more then a couple seasons. When Hue took the job, he made his vision clear.. this a full blown rebuild. There is a reason they didn't take a QB last season, and its because they were building the roster. They are making moves for the future. Njoku looks like he could easily be a top 3 TE soon, Garrett will be an all-pro, and hopefully they will find a good spot for Peppers. Hue obviously isnt some coach you want to keep around forever, but they need some level of consistency and willingness to stick with a staff for more then a season or two.

Nothing refreshing about sticking with a coach that's gone 1-31 in 2 seasons and is doing a horrendous job coaching that young roster up. The players clearly don't even like him and I don't blame them. He routinely throws them under the bus in his pressers. He's been a disaster.

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

If he wasn’t Ron Wolfs son would anyone care about him? How was he viewed in GB? 

He was promoted several times .. they liked him enough to block him from interviewing with other teams for GM gigs.  He's a good get for Cleveland.  Only knock might be that most of his experience is on the pro side of scouting instead of the college side, but he's been involved there as well.

The fact Wolf didn't get the Packers' GM job didn't sit well with his father, Ron Wolf, the former Packers Hall of Fame Executive.

"Obviously the people up there don't think he's worthy or they would've hired him,'' the elder Wolf told Demovsky. "End of discussion."

Obviously some ego here. 

2 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

The fact Wolf didn't get the Packers' GM job didn't sit well with his father, Ron Wolf, the former Packers Hall of Fame Executive.

"Obviously the people up there don't think he's worthy or they would've hired him,'' the elder Wolf told Demovsky. "End of discussion."

Obviously some ego here. 

How much was Ron still involved with you guys? Any chance he becomes an advisor here? We’ve been trying to hire him for like 20 years. 

Archived