Divisional Round: Vikings vs. Saints, Week 19

Riddle

4 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

More importantly, we haven't won a Super Bowl under Mike Zimmer. Let's focus on that stat before focusing on that last stat.

I'd rather win a Super Bowl over getting a playoff win if I had to pick.

When was the last time a team won a Super Bowl without a playoff win?

Andrus Peat won’t return this season, as the Saints are placing him on injured reserve. Senio Kelemete is expected to take over at left guard.

The Saints will bring back offensive lineman Bryce Harris to take Peat’s roster spot, Herbie Teope of the Times-Picayune reports. It marks the 16th transaction involving Harris and the Saints since May.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/10/saints-place-andrus-peat-on-injured-reserve/

7 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

More importantly, we haven't won a Super Bowl under Mike Zimmer. Let's focus on that stat before focusing on that last stat.

I'd rather win a Super Bowl over getting a playoff win if I had to pick.

I'd like to win a Super Bowl too. However, right now it's the playoffs. 

We have yet to win a playoff game.

Let's focus on what's in front of us so we can get to the Super Bowl. I'd rather have that.

There are a handful of players on the Vikings’ roster who haven’t seen playoff football before. Tight ends coach Clancy Barone asked Rudolph to explain the atmosphere to David Morgan and Kyle Carter, who will see the postseason for the first time on Sunday.

Rudolph: “The easiest way for me to explain to people who have never played in a playoff game is: You see the jump that’s made from preseason football to regular season football. Then there is even a little more of a jump when you play on Sunday Night or Monday Night. It’s just another level up.”

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/01/vikings-looking-forward-improved-atmosphere-last-playoff-appearance/

My biggest worry in this game, as I’ve previously stated is Case Keenum. If he can make some big throws and not turn the ball over I believe we have a good chance to win. But I gotta admit the Saints are the one team left in the playoffs that really worry me, I’m hoping for the best. But it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if the Saints came in here and won. 

Either way I expect a close game. Something like 20-17. 

18 minutes ago, RJWSkol24 said:

Excited.  Nervous.  Hate having to wait until the late game on Sunday to decide this.

I'm getting a little more excited, but I'm not nervous.  I'm content with whatever happens.  I fully expect them to win.  If they lose in a nail-biter (it certainly ain't gonna be a blowout), I'll be extremely disappointed, but I've enjoyed this season to this point moreso than I have any in quite some time.  The Saints don't immensely worry me though, because our defense is built to stop an offense like theirs.  Should the Falcons win over Philly, I'm more concerned about facing them, because their team is similar to ours, but with a slightly more talented offense.  

Archived