Divisional Round: Vikings vs. Saints, Week 19

Riddle

34 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

I'm rooting for you guys . It's time for the Vikings to finally get back to the NFL championship.

What do you mean?

As of yesterday (Jan 9), it's only been 41 years since the last time the Vikings were in the Super Bowl.

We're actually sick of making it into the Super Bowl.

Want more stats? Heard this in a fantasy football context, but thought it was interesting.

For the first year since 2008, no team averaged 30 ppg this year. Rams finished with 29.9 points per game, but eliminating the Vikings game bumps the average to 31.4 ppg.

So Zimmer bucked a trend all by himself!

One thing I heard this week is about how the Saints are an opportunistic defense. Third in INTs (20) is a stat that gives me some concern. 

I'm not predicting that Keenum will give up a big play, but I think it's very much within the realm of possibilities. A pick-6 would completely change the course of the game. He has to be smart and accurate with his ball placement on Sunday. If he does that, I'm VERY confident about the win.

3 hours ago, Klomp said:

One thing I heard this week is about how the Saints are an opportunistic defense. Third in INTs (20) is a stat that gives me some concern. 

That also means that they are susceptible to giving up the big play. And we know of at least one receiver who’s very good at double moves. 

46 minutes ago, Morleericks said:

We have yet to win a post-season game under Mike Zimmer; let's focus on that stat.

More importantly, we haven't won a Super Bowl under Mike Zimmer. Let's focus on that stat before focusing on that last stat.

I'd rather win a Super Bowl over getting a playoff win if I had to pick.

Archived