Divisional Round: Vikings vs. Saints, Week 19

Riddle

Zimmer:   Drew Brees has played pretty good for a long time. He’s won a Super Bowl, he’s been MVP, he’s thrown for millions of yards.So I think all those things kind of sum up what he does. I don’t know him very well, but Adam was with him down there in New Orleans [coaching for four years], and he said he’s one of the most competitive guys there is. He’ll compete at anything and I think that’s kind of what drives him – the way he works, the way he studies. Obviously he has the talent and ability to do it, but the intangible things are really what makes Drew Brees him.”

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Presser-Points-Zimmer-on-Prepping-for-Brees-Payton-to-Open-Vikings-Postseason/d2dab293-2124-40a0-a7ea-e371b5488663?sf178652631=1

2 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

How are your RBs as receivers out of the backfield?

Just curious because that's one of the places the Saints struggle. We don't have very athletic linebackers who can keep up with RBs.

Both are decent.

McKinnon is actually very good. Weapon with the ball in his hand is space. While he doesn't have the points to show it, I fully expect him to be used frequently.

Murray can catch, and it actually surprised teams it seems like when we send him out on routes. Usually finds himself catching it and picking up positive yards. Most likely you aren't too worried about him breaking it for a huge gain tho.

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

It's 2018. That game happened nine years ago. It's time to move on. 

WAY moved on from that. Just bringing a quote from it basically of a player from 2009 saying it wasn't a big deal and move on.

B-Rob and Brees are the only two in this game.

Neither feel worried about it.

These players, outside of Thielen, aren't even from Minnesota and probably were not Vikings fans, outside of maybe Reiff growing up around here.

They could care or less.

They only have one goal.

WIN THE GAME.

Vikings center Pat Elflein said he will return Sunday after missing the Dec. 31 regular-season finale against Chicago because of a shoulder injury.

Elflein: “I’ll be good to go. It’s not fun watching your brothers compete, but this week I’m back and I’m ready to roll.’’

https://www.twincities.com/2018/01/08/mike-zimmer-says-vikings-will-take-our-time-with-sam-bradfords-recovery/

Vikings kicker Kai Forbath played 10 games for the Saints in 2015. He’s happy, though, now to be in Minnesota.

Forbath: “I had a good run there, it was fun playing for the Saints. The city was awesome, great fans. But, like I’ve always said, this is my favorite team to play for and I’m happy to be here now.’’

Zimmer was asked his level of confidence in Forbath entering the playoffs.

“Good,’’ he said. “We got the crystal ball on our side.’’

https://www.twincities.com/2018/01/08/mike-zimmer-says-vikings-will-take-our-time-with-sam-bradfords-recovery/

Zim gonna anti voo doo the Saints' voo doo....

16 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

I understand the wave at halftime, little kids like it, and adds a little more entertainment for them to join in on something... While the offense is on the field.. sit down, don't distract, and be quiet!

When it comes to my team, screw what little kids like.

Sit down and hush. 

Archived