Training Camp

candyman93

26 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Looks like they'll be giving him the requisite reps to make the decision on whether to start him going into the season or not.

And this is what I've been saying. 

Everyone is worried about will he start. 

Starting isn't what he needs. He needs the reps. Get Brock in there then get Cody in there than have Kizer have the rest. He need quantity over quality right now to eventually know enough to maximize the reps he gets once he does move up. 

This is smart this is good this is how you prepare your franchise QB. 

I might even venture the guess that it could be Brock, then Kizer during 2nd and 3rd quarters, then Kessler to close out. With the way they've been dividing reps in camp, I think they're past the point of trying to pretend Cody has a shot at being starter.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kizer run with the ones for a series or two.  Yeah he can play with the 2s and 3s but the big test is seeing the complete product out on the field at the same time.  I'm not sure Os is the guy or not.  Would like to see him improve this week but if they believe Kizer is deserving and they want to roll with him, get him the "in game reps" he needs to start week 1 off on the right foot. 

Most importantly, I just hope for no injuries.  Seems like everything is starting to come together for this team. 

2 hours ago, EL Brownso said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kizer run with the ones for a series or two.  Yeah he can play with the 2s and 3s but the big test is seeing the complete product out on the field at the same time.  I'm not sure Os is the guy or not.  Would like to see him improve this week but if they believe Kizer is deserving and they want to roll with him, get him the "in game reps" he needs to start week 1 off on the right foot. 

I agree about wanting to test Kizer, but I still get the feeling the staff views Osweiler as the leader for being starter on day 1, which means those reps are just as valuable for him to get (considering Kessler was taking them up until last week). Based on the Giants gameplan against Pittsburgh, from what I hear they didn't really hold back so I'm not concerned Kizer won't get some valuable lessons to learn from even if he does roll with the twos.

Big Joe Thomas had some very interesting things to say about the QB position in the interview up on clevelandbrowns.com.  It will be interesting to see how it plays out.  It sounds like he may be a bit gun shy about rookie QBs after seeing so many first round and high draft pick busts over the years at the position because they were thrown into the deep end right away.

11 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Big Joe Thomas had some very interesting things to say about the QB position in the interview up on clevelandbrowns.com.  It will be interesting to see how it plays out.  It sounds like he may be a bit gun shy about rookie QBs after seeing so many first round and high draft pick busts over the years at the position because they were thrown into the deep end right away.

Joe thomas has only played with 2 first rd pick QBs who played as rookies. Weeden and Manziel. 

I wouldnt be surprised if Thomas is maybe gun shy but he would want the best QB playing, not the most experienced 

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Joe thomas has only played with 2 first rd pick QBs who played as rookies. Weeden and Manziel. 

I wouldnt be surprised if Thomas is maybe gun shy but he would want the best QB playing, not the most experienced 

He actually said as much as that, the best guy, he said he wants that, and he believes Hue wants that, and he believes that is Brock.

Just now, DizzyDean said:

He actually said as much as that, the best guy, he said he wants that, and he believes Hue wants that, and he believes that is Brock.

He might be but Monday night he better show some major shrides. He looked every bit of the reasons Houston wanted him gone and made him one of the worse QBs last year in that first preseason game...

yea i I know he didn't have many reps with the 1st reps but it's not like his mistakes he was making was from a lack of chemistry. Just looked like his bad self!

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

He might be but Monday night he better show some major shrides. He looked every bit of the reasons Houston wanted him gone and made him one of the worse QBs last year in that first preseason game...

yea i I know he didn't have many reps with the 1st reps but it's not like his mistakes he was making was from a lack of chemistry. Just looked like his bad self!

Actually I think a lot of that being out of sync early on is a direct result of lack of reps with the 1s.   His final drive in that game, things seemed to go much more smoothly, and seemed to be coming together.  I think we see an entirely different performance from him against the Giants.  I just hope Cam can do better standing in for Thomas because Joe said he would not be playing in that game either.

7 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Actually I think a lot of that being out of sync early on is a direct result of lack of reps with the 1s.   His final drive in that game, things seemed to go much more smoothly, and seemed to be coming together.  I think we see an entirely different performance from him against the Giants.  I just hope Cam can do better standing in for Thomas because Joe said he would not be playing in that game either.

Cam and Bitonio are both out Monday so whoever starts is probably in a lot of trouble

Archived