Training Camp

candyman93

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not at all.

Their goal is obviously to tank, this roster looks like an all star cast for such a role.

I am not sure if that offence will generate a single point.

They have to have the worst RB QB WR TE combo in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I am not sure if that offence will generate a single point.

They have to have the worst RB QB WR TE combo in the NFL. 

Rams were by far the worst offense last year. They need mentioned. Gurley has been bad for 25 games, he hasn't had the best opportunity but he hasn't done anything to show he is anything special after his first handful of games either.

Osweiler was one of the worst starters last year so the Brown have to be in the conversation if he starts. McCown wasn't any better and neither was Goff. Until one of those three teams prove otherwise I think that is the bottom three. Browns have the best line and running game so I wouldn't put us behind the Rams or Jets but there is a lot of room for improvement over last year and we lost our best WR and may take a step back at QB (except when RGIII/McCown started they were low 70 rating just like Brock).

52 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Rams were by far the worst offense last year. They need mentioned. Gurley has been bad for 25 games, he hasn't had the best opportunity but he hasn't done anything to show he is anything special after his first handful of games either.

Osweiler was one of the worst starters last year so the Brown have to be in the conversation if he starts. McCown wasn't any better and neither was Goff. Until one of those three teams prove otherwise I think that is the bottom three. Browns have the best line and running game so I wouldn't put us behind the Rams or Jets but there is a lot of room for improvement over last year and we lost our best WR and may take a step back at QB (except when RGIII/McCown started they were low 70 rating just like Brock).

Forte was over the hill in 2016, Josh McCown was pretty bad last year, apart from the Baltimore game. and they have no one to throw too.

Gurley has more talent than Forte and the same with Goff over McCown. And both are likely to ascend and are young. Hell they probably both at the worst season of their careers, in a backwards offence. 

Kizer/Osweiler/Kessler are likely to get better and have some redeeming qualities. Crowell I think is a good NFL running back, and Coleman or Britt are both average receivers. 

We might be number 31 in the league as a trio, but we are a lot more talented and a lot younger than the Jets combo. Same goes for Gurley and Goff. 

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Forte was over the hill in 2016, Josh McCown was pretty bad last year, apart from the Baltimore game. and they have no one to throw too.

Gurley has more talent than Forte and the same with Goff over McCown. And both are likely to ascend and are young. Hell they probably both at the worst season of their careers, in a backwards offence. 

Kizer/Osweiler/Kessler are likely to get better and have some redeeming qualities. Crowell I think is a good NFL running back, and Coleman or Britt are both average receivers. 

We might be number 31 in the league as a trio, but we are a lot more talented and a lot younger than the Jets combo. Same goes for Gurley and Goff. 

Rams do have a lot more potential but until it's realized I'm keeping them towards the bottom after last seasons disaster.

14 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Jets have a good RB duo and question marks at QB, WR and TE. Wait, that is the same boat we're in.

As weird as this feels to say for any team in the NFL, I'll take the Browns situation over the Jets all day if for no other reason that our head coach has a much better chance of surviving the season and remaining in '18 than Bowles.

2 minutes ago, BwickRedux said:

As weird as this feels to say for any team in the NFL, I'll take the Browns situation over the Jets all day if for no other reason that our head coach has a much better chance of surviving the season and remaining in '18 than Bowles.

I feel bad for Bowles, the front office has totally sandbagged the guy.

6 hours ago, BwickRedux said:

Oh I agree, we've had 57 draft picks in the last two years and 34 more next year so the potential for the Browns is sky high. Just like the Rams potential is much greater than the Jets. Still, until it starts to show we have to remain towards the bottom because 29 other teams have shown at least a little more at those positions than the Jets/Rams/Browns. Once we start 5-2 I'll alter my rankings.

2 hours ago, zelbell said:

Sounds like Peppers is taking the starting safety job for good with some of his recent performances 

I heard if Kizer keeps practicing the way he did today to parlay with his preseason game 1 performance he should be named the starter for preseason game 2

Archived