Training Camp

candyman93

3 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

I think Brock has to be part of the discussion in Miami right now. Playoff caliber QB who more than likely is NOT part of Cleveland's future plans. Also we already have a 2nd rounder for just taking the guy. If we get some kind of conditional draft pick for him AND dump his ridiculous contract as well, I'd say it is a win win.

That is all

Mastercheddaar 

I dont know if I call Brock a playoff caliber QB. When I think of a playoff caliber QB, I think of a QB who will lead your team to the playoffs and further. Brock wasnt leading that Texans team last year, that was all defense. Heck Brock held that team back from doing anything more.

I could careless what the pick is just as long as the Browns got something for him.

1 hour ago, hornbybrown said:

I think Kizer is really pushing to get the starting job, really have only heard positive things

Yep. Hearing kess is slowly losing the job. From those who've seen him live, sounds like his arm was not improved very much. Still throwing reverse lasers. I still think Oslonger will eventually win (by default only*) the starting job with kess backing him up. But the plan will be Kizer eventually moving up. 

* Default of bad QB play

3 hours ago, BwickRedux said:

A couple quick hits from practice today...

I think sometimes one thing we lose is the context of the drives - were receivers able to get open and did they drop balls? How was o-line protection? Not making excuses one way or another, but just sayin.

A big amen. Everything is nothing unless context is understood. 

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yep. Hearing kess is slowly losing the job. From those who've seen him live, sounds like his arm was not improved very much. Still throwing reverse lasers. I still think Oslonger will eventually win (by default only*) the starting job with kess backing him up. But the plan will be Kizer eventually moving up. 

* Default of bad QB play

Yeah I heard Kessler still looks like he his shot putting the ball when he needs to make a deep pass.

I dont think Brock can win by default. I honestly think for him to be the starter he really has to run away with it. If he is marginally better than Kizer. I rather have Kizer start. If its that close, it would benefit to have Kizer playing to help him develop 

26 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Really not liking this talk about the human traffic cone that is tank carder having a larger role this year. 

If its William talking about it, than I trust it. In reality it is prolly along the lines of special teams. Williams' history shows he truly will only playing his #1 and #2 LB the most. As long as Collins and Kirksey stays healthy, other LBs will rarely see the field unless its a package that calls for an extra LB. 

27 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Yeah I heard Kessler still looks like he his shot putting the ball when he needs to make a deep pass.

I dont think Brock can win by default. I honestly think for him to be the starter he really has to run away with it. If he is marginally better than Kizer. I rather have Kizer start. If its that close, it would benefit to have Kizer playing to help him develop 

It all depends on if hue wants to let him sit a bit. Me personally I'd start him week 5 against the p e c d jets jets jets jets. 

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Really not liking this talk about the human traffic cone that is tank carder having a larger role this year. 

I sincerely doubt he's a major playing MIKE. Kirksey and Collins will be our starters taking majority of snaps. I'm more interested in seeing how Calvin Pryor is used.

1 hour ago, BwickRedux said:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/08/joe_schobert_was_miscast_last.html

Read into that what you will, but I would take it as Tank by no means is considered the default starting Mike.

I truly hope not. I've just seen too much crap about him being in the starting MLB race. I understand Kirk and Collins will be playing the majority of snaps by themselves but it scares me that carder would be considered in some packages with them. He's looked soooo bad anytime we try to play him on another other than ST. I'd rather see peppers or schobert in those extra 3 LB packages. 

Yeah Tank starting at MLB is a scary thought. I'm hoping someone else will step up. Joe Schobert idk has the thumper mentality to take on that role. Let's hope Calvin Pryor can step up as a OLB and Collins or Kirksey moves to middle during 43 alignments 

Archived