Training Camp

candyman93

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/03/james-jones-on-derek-carr-i-call-him-a-mini-aaron-rodgers/

this is reminds me of when James Jones called Carr a baby Arod years ago 

i wouldnt call him a QB evaluator sometimes players just know man 

It's going to be majestic when you give us a shout out at the end of the season as you--Deshone Kizer--hoist the Lombardi and call out the name "NudeTayne" in the people you thank over the loudspeaker in front of billions at home, finally revealing your true identity.  I will be one to say, "I knew it all along.  I knew it all along."  Then you will say, "Oh, and Ben Roethlisberger is a raper", drop the mic and walk off the podium.

9 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

It's going to be majestic when you give us a shout out at the end of the season as you--Deshone Kizer--hoist the Lombardi and call out the name "NudeTayne" in the people you thank over the loudspeaker in front of billions at home, finally revealing your true identity.  I will be one to say, "I knew it all along.  I knew it all along."  Then you will say, "Oh, and Ben Roethlisberger is a raper", drop the mic and walk off the podium.

lol bro I'm not Deshone Kizer I'm Sashi Brown ;)

But I like what I hear overall this training camp. Duke being used correctly is what I've been wanting to hear. I'm not worried about Njocku hes going to take time. Really glad to hear Corey Coleman looking good. Weather permitting I'll be at training camp Wednesday 

5 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Anyone know the date Josh Gordon can apply to be reinstated?

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/06/johnny_manziel_or_josh_gordon.html

sometime in September not exactly sure when. The funny thing is for some reason I actually believe he's going to come back and have a successful career. He's only 26 with not a lot of punishment on his body when you think that he only played so much in college. 

The question is will he play for us after going on Snapchat and burning all his Browns stuff. Gotta be part of the solution. But I don't think this is a Justin Blackmon situation I think JG I'll be a pro bowler at some time. 

42 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I think JG I'll be a pro bowler at some time. 

I think John Greco has a better shot at being a probowler with the initials JG at this point than the other guy, but that's just me....

In regards to training camp overall impressions, I like what I'm hearing so far on the whole. Specifically though:

• More so than Myles' freak athleticism, I love hearing him talk about his mindset and attitude towards work. He seems so driven to be great, I really think he's on track to be a generational player (as much as one can be this early in his career).
  • I'm a little bummed from what I'm hearing about Njoku and his focus / drop issues, which is honestly more on me than him given what is asked of rookie tightends. On the flip side, I like all the little whispers I keep hearing that Devalve is looking really good. If he can be an early weapon and take some of the importance off Njoku to produce right away, I'm all for it.
  • The QBs sound like they've all been having their ups-and-downs - beyond that I refuse to allow myself to come to any broad sweeping conclusions this early on. 
  • The injury situation (or lack thereof) is probably the #1 positive going for the Browns so far **knock on wood** 

9 minutes ago, BwickRedux said:

I think John Greco has a better shot at being a probowler with the initials JG at this point than the other guy, but that's just me....

In regards to training camp overall impressions, I like what I'm hearing so far on the whole. Specifically though:

• More so than Myles' freak athleticism, I love hearing him talk about his mindset and attitude towards work. He seems so driven to be great, I really think he's on track to be a generational player (as much as one can be this early in his career).
  • I'm a little bummed from what I'm hearing about Njoku and his focus / drop issues, which is honestly more on me than him given what is asked of rookie tightends. On the flip side, I like all the little whispers I keep hearing that Devalve is looking really good. If he can be an early weapon and take some of the importance off Njoku to produce right away, I'm all for it.
  • The QBs sound like they've all been having their ups-and-downs - beyond that I refuse to allow myself to come to any broad sweeping conclusions this early on. 
  • The injury situation (or lack thereof) is probably the #1 positive going for the Browns so far **knock on wood** 

Njoku is SUPER young at a position that takes time to learn, no need to be bummed.

Has anybody hear anything about the play of the secondary? All I have been hearing about is the offense and Myles Garrett.

Heard nothing about Calvin Pryor, Jabril Peppers, Derek Kindred, Joe Haden, Jason McCourty, Jamar Taylor, Kai Nauca, BBC

PS. This new layout is pretty cool until you realize the lack of color contrast will make your eyes bleed after 10 mins. Really wish the boxes where the posts are made were light gray to make it feel like Im not staring into the sun.:)

Also, how do you get reputation points? Are there no sigs anymore? I HAVE ALL OF THE QUESTIONSSSS

38 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Has anybody hear anything about the play of the secondary? All I have been hearing about is the offense and Myles Garrett.

Heard nothing about Calvin Pryor, Jabril Peppers, Derek Kindred, Joe Haden, Jason McCourty, Jamar Taylor, Kai Nauca, BBC

PS. This new layout is pretty cool until you realize the lack of color contrast will make your eyes bleed after 10 mins. Really wish the boxes where the posts are made were light gray to make it feel like Im not staring into the sun.:)

Also, how do you get reputation points? Are there no sigs anymore? I HAVE ALL OF THE QUESTIONSSSS

Haven't heard a whole lot at all about them.  Eerily silent if you ask me, not sure you did.

43 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

There are still sigs.... click on "account settings" from the profile dropdown list located in the upper-right hand corner, then from there click on "signature settings" on the left hand side. From there you can choose to view other's sigs as well as load your own.

As for rep, you get that from people "liking" your posts (the football in the bottom right hand corner) or in Thomas' case, wiring them money via Paypal for popularity.

I, for one, don't care about popularity... just like highschool... have fun eating at the cool kids tables everyone, I'm fine right here with the Goths....

1 minute ago, BwickRedux said:

There are still sigs.... click on "account settings" from the profile dropdown list located in the upper-right hand corner, then from there click on "signature settings" on the left hand side. From there you can choose to view other's sigs as well as load your own.

As for rep, you get that from people "liking" your posts (the football in the bottom right hand corner) or in Thomas' case, wiring them money via Paypal for popularity.

I, for one, don't care about popularity... just like highschool... have fun eating at the cool kids tables everyone, I'm fine right here with the Goths....

Right on, I will say the Notifications setting is a godsend. Realgm has this and it makes it so much easier to pick up in a conversation you left off instead of going "what threads did I post in again? Let me scroll through 19 pages to see if anybody replied to me" haha

15 minutes ago, BwickRedux said:

giphy.gif

Archived