Let the Games Continue! Week 19

vike daddy

13 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

any real chance the Patriots and Steelers don't win?

Steelers got pounded by Jacksonville earlier in the year 30-9 and that game was played in Pittsburgh.   So I see a real chance there for the Jags to win that game.                                                                                                             

Yeah that's obviously the one that is somewhat up in the air because of the Week 5 matchup.

But it's interesting. They were just coming off playing a rivalry game against Baltimore. The week after they had a game with undefeated Kansas City. Made a game against 2-2 Jacksonville a bit of a trap.

Ben threw five interceptions in the game, including two pick-6s. I don't see that happening again.

I expect the Eagles to follow the 2015 Vikings playoff game plan against the Falcons: run, punt, play defense, win field position. Their DL is so good that Ryan may struggle, though if he has time Jones and Sanu should be able to get open. I doubt the Falcons will be able to move the ball on the ground. It'll be cold and the home fans will be crazy. Eagles have been opportunistic this year, and they'll be selling out to force big plays on defense so that Foles doesn't have to march downfield to score. I think it'll be low scoring and the Eagles have a better chance than people think. 

If the Vikings beat the Saints, would much rather they face the Falcons at home than the Eagles in Philadelphia. Go Falcons.  

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

seems like it would take a month for the Jags to score 30 points...

By offense alone, yes. Bortles showed exactly why he is the weak link on the team in the wildcard round. Sure he can make plays with his legs, but his accuracy leaves a lot to be wanted. Far too many missed opportunities on open players because his throws were off. The Jags defense, however, could be the real X factor in that game. They have a high turnover differential and if the are able to take the ball away and possibly get a defensive score, they could absolutely keep themselves in the game. Have the Jags played any games in the cold this year? Weather could possibly be a big factor for a Florida team.

13 minutes ago, Krauser said:

I expect the Eagles to follow the 2015 Vikings playoff game plan against the Falcons: run, punt, play defense, win field position. Their DL is so good that Ryan may struggle, though if he has time Jones and Sanu should be able to get open. I doubt the Falcons will be able to move the ball on the ground. It'll be cold and the home fans will be crazy. Eagles have been opportunistic this year, and they'll be selling out to force big plays on defense so that Foles doesn't have to march downfield to score. I think it'll be low scoring and the Eagles have a better chance than people think. 

If the Vikings beat the Saints, would much rather they face the Falcons at home than the Eagles in Philadelphia. Go Falcons.  

Falcons D has been balling the last few weeks. They just held the Rams to 13 in their own stadium (although special teams turnovers played a role). They also had a decent amount of success running on the Vikings earlier this year. I think they will be a tough out. Their offense isn't as explosive as last year but can still make plays and their defense seems to be putting it together. 

38 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

Falcons D has been balling the last few weeks. They just held the Rams to 13 in their own stadium (although special teams turnovers played a role). They also had a decent amount of success running on the Vikings earlier this year. I think they will be a tough out. Their offense isn't as explosive as last year but can still make plays and their defense seems to be putting it together.

Archived