Divisional Round GDT: #6 Atlanta Falconies @ #1 Philly Footlongs

I mean, whatever works, but I didn't hear a lot of people vehemently against the Eagles. Logically, you'd think the Eagles would lose. I don't think it's blasphemy to believe that. But if that fired up the boys then so be it. 

If Ryan got injured last week, I'd have said we were gonna roll the Falcons. Even with Foles. 

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

I mean, whatever works, but I didn't hear a lot of people vehemently against the Eagles. Logically, you'd think the Eagles would lose. I don't think it's blasphemy to believe that. But if that fired up the boys then so be it. 

If Ryan got injured last week, I'd have said we were gonna roll the Falcons. Even with Foles. 

Think it is more about the disrespect of being the first one seed to be underdogs vs a six seed in NFL history. Pretty much everyone was picking the Falcons to win and understandably so.

If they wanna play with a chip on their shoulder, I am all about it.

55 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

D stiffened the hell up and Foles was adequate. Need more out of our run game but these are what playoff games are. Two good teams going head to head with a few plays to define the game. Eagles can keep it close with anyone. 

I think the Saints win, which I think is a real rough matchup but I want the Vikings and absolutely destroy Keenum. 

My D also stiffened 

24 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I didn't get to see 3/4 of the game but looking at the box score DTM's play calling was phenomenal. Didn't panic, didn't over think it.

32 Rushes 30 Passes

Doug The Masterful!!

Still didn't use ajayi enough.

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

I heard several times about how they had a bulletin board up throughout the facilities of all the negative articles and all the experts picking against the Eagles.

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Think it is more about the disrespect of being the first one seed to be underdogs vs a six seed in NFL history. Pretty much everyone was picking the Falcons to win and understandably so.

If they wanna play with a chip on their shoulder, I am all about it.

We were the first 1 seed to be underdogs in the divisional round, period. Not just against 6 seeds. It was unprecedented, but not unexpected and seemed inevitable (if Brady or Peyton ever went down in weeks 14-17 we'd have seen it already). Still has to put a chip on their shoulder, as its' basically everybody thinking just 1 man was responsible for all your hard work and 13-3 record.

Since NFL expanded playoffs in 1978, these are the only home underdogs in the divisional round.

• 2017: 1. Eagles +2.5 vs 6. Falcons
  • 2013: 2. Panthers +1 vs 5. 49ers
  • 2011: 2. 49ers +3.5 vs 3. Saints
  • 1996: 2. Panthers +3.5 vs 3. Cowboys
  • 1982: 2. Dolphins +1.5 vs 5. Chargers (strike shortened season)
  • 1981: 2. Dolphins +2.5 vs 3. Chargers
  • 1978: 2. Bucs +4.5 vs 4. Eagles

Perhaps unsurprisingly, these 7 home underdogs went 5-2.

Archived