2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

12 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

1. Cleveland Browns - Sam Darold QB

2.  Trade (Buffalo Bills) - Josh Rosen QB

3.  New York Jets - Josh Allen QB

4.  Cleveland Browns - Bradley Chubb DE

5.  Denver Broncos- Baker Mayfield QB

Pretty much except swap Chubb for Barkley. 

Last year I did a lot of OL research and had the OL thresholds typed down somewhere. Well I found it:

TT's OL Athletic Thresholds	
Height:	        Between 6'3" and 6'6"
Weight:         under 325 lbs
40 Time:        < 5.30s
Short Shuttle:	< 4.85s
3 Cone:	        < 7.85s
Vertical:	at least 25"
Bench:	        at least 23

If I remember correctly every Packers OL and UDFA last year fitted under those thresholds except Lane Taylor.

On 4/6/2018 at 10:58 PM, ArthurPensky said:

We’re talking harrell? The draft can’t get here soon enough.

Ha! Just had to sign on and give this post the props it deserves :)

It is time.....yes indeed, it is time.

9 hours ago, Chili said:

Last year I did a lot of OL research and had the OL thresholds typed down somewhere. Well I found it:

TT's OL Athletic Thresholds	
Height:	        Between 6'3" and 6'6"
Weight:         under 325 lbs
40 Time:        < 5.30s
Short Shuttle:	< 4.85s
3 Cone:	        < 7.85s
Vertical:	at least 25"
Bench:	        at least 23

If I remember correctly every Packers OL and UDFA last year fitted under those thresholds except Lane Taylor.

Even the UDFAs? I thought it was all draft picks, then UDFA guys had some leeway but remained close to the prototype that the team wanted.  Either way, it is neat to know.  I do remember that both TJ Lang and Kofi Amichia were in mock drafts for that reason (of course, there are usually 23426436534 different mock drafts).  There is little reason to think that these tendencies will change under das Gute.  TT is still in the scouting department, MM is still the coach (and as far as the line goes, Campen is still in G as well), and Gute has come up in TT's camp.

11 hours ago, Chili said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the only two OL that Ted took that didn't protect their QBs blindside their senior year at their school was Corey Linsley and that guard from Utah we immediately traded to the Jets?

2 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Even the UDFAs? I thought it was all draft picks, then UDFA guys had some leeway but remained close to the prototype that the team wanted.  Either way, it is neat to know.  I do remember that both TJ Lang and Kofi Amichia were in mock drafts for that reason (of course, there are usually 23426436534 different mock drafts).  There is little reason to think that these tendencies will change under das Gute.  TT is still in the scouting department, MM is still the coach (and as far as the line goes, Campen is still in G as well), and Gute has come up in TT's camp.

No, not the UDFAs. 

The only numbers that have any significance with regard to TT OL are... 3-Cone, Shuttle and 10 YD Split. 

That's it. 

25 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

No, not the UDFAs. 

The only numbers that have any significance with regard to TT OL are... 3-Cone, Shuttle and 10 YD Split. 

That's it. 

Height might not have been absolute but they were always generally in that ~6'4" range IIRC.  I don't recall 40 yard dash having any real meaning.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the only two OL that Ted took that didn't protect their QBs blindside their senior year at their school was Corey Linsley and that guard from Utah we immediately traded to the Jets?

Caleb Schlauderaff

I thought Jason Spitz played guard at Louisville, but he was projected to play center.  But I could be incorrect.  Will Whitticker was also a guard, I believe, but he only lasted the one season.

40 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Caleb Schlauderaff

I thought Jason Spitz played guard at Louisville, but he was projected to play center.  But I could be incorrect.  Will Whitticker was also a guard, I believe, but he only lasted the one season.

Forgot about Spitz.  Don't remember enough about Whitticker though.

13 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

So who are the Day 2 CBs and Day 3 OL that fit the GB benchmarks this year?

If Hughes or Oliver (especially Oliver) are there at our second pick I would be all over them.  I also really like Carlton Davis, who i’m pretty confident would be there in the second. Big, strong corner that can run well enough and likes to hit.

2 minutes ago, snackattack said:

If Hughes or Oliver (especially Oliver) are there at our second pick I would be all over them.  I also really like Carlton Davis, who i’m pretty confident would be there in the second. Big, strong corner that can run well enough and likes to hit.

Yeah, I'm pretty stoked if the Packers walk away with Oliver in the 2nd round.  Kid is going to be good.  Not opposed to Davis, but the ball skills leave a bit to be desired.

Archived