2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

30 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

Is there really? I thought this was down year for EDGE prospects?

Duke Ejiofor, Harold Landry and Uchenna Nwosu have me excited as probable 1st 2nd round guys. Garret Dooley, Marcus Davenport, the Ohio State kids, Kemoko Turay, OO from Oklahoma, those guys are interesting with a chance to really improve their stock. Plus, I think they have a decent crop of OT's to go up against.

1 hour ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Duke Ejiofor, Harold Landry and Uchenna Nwosu have me excited as probable 1st 2nd round guys. Garret Dooley, Marcus Davenport, the Ohio State kids, Kemoko Turay, OO from Oklahoma, those guys are interesting with a chance to really improve their stock. Plus, I think they have a decent crop of OT's to go up against.

Thanks I'll definitely watching them intently on draft breakdown.

16 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

i've missed the last few draft classes since i've been swamped with life. hoping to take some time and watch and provide my thoughts on all the EDGE( @NormSizedMidget) guys coming out this year.

I'm the same, I doubt I really do any homework this year. Just gonna read this thread lol

44 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:
23 hours ago, tfalkgopack said:

Would anyone trade a 4th/5th for Eli Apple?

That guy has too much personal stuff going on that he clearly is taking into the Giants building. No thanks

I would use a conditional pick for Apple.  Something like a 5th if he makes the opening day 53, a 4th if he plays 70% of the defensive snaps.  

He was a 1st round pick and has some physical attributes that are hard to find.  Unsure of his mental state, but it might be worth the shot to find out if a change in scenery and different locker room atmosphere would be beneficial.

13 minutes ago, squire12 said:
1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:
23 hours ago, tfalkgopack said:

Would anyone trade a 4th/5th for Eli Apple?

That guy has too much personal stuff going on that he clearly is taking into the Giants building. No thanks

I would use a conditional pick for Apple.  Something like a 5th if he makes the opening day 53, a 4th if he plays 70% of the defensive snaps.  

He was a 1st round pick and has some physical attributes that are hard to find.  Unsure of his mental state, but it might be worth the shot to find out if a change in scenery and different locker room atmosphere would be beneficial.

well yeah okay, I will offer a conditional pick too. So would the other 30 teams though

4th or 5th round pick .. yeah maybe.  It depends on how you'd grade Apple compared to other 4th and 5th rounders in this draft.  If you think he's the better player then it should be considered.  The guy has had a really tough year family wise, and coupled with a dysfunctional Giants season the guy probably could use a change of scenery.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2017/12/family_strife_at_the_root_of_giants_cb_eli_apples.html

Albert Breer's sources that he goes to for information on his mock draft told him they believe Marcus Davenport will be a top 15 pick on draft day.

That would put him right in the range where we'll be. He's definitely the #1 person I'll be watching Senior Bowl week. He's the same size as Key, and might be just as freakish, downside here is the competition.

23 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Albert Breer's sources that he goes to for information on his mock draft told him they believe Marcus Davenport will be a top 15 pick on draft day.

That would put him right in the range where we'll be. He's definitely the #1 person I'll be watching Senior Bowl week. He's the same size as Key, and might be just as freakish, downside here is the competition.

Idgaf about competition tbh. Khalil Mack is living proof. Go to the Senior Bowl and dominate, go to the Combine and dominate. I'll be interested.

2 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:
27 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Idgaf about competition tbh. Khalil Mack is living proof. Go to the Senior Bowl and dominate, go to the Combine and dominate. I'll be interested.

Turned 21 3 months ago? I am interested

Pending the combine and SR Bowl week performance, you have to be very intrigued looking at Davenport and what he puts on the field. If the combine numbers are athletic, hard to teach 6'6" 250 and athletic with those pass rushing moves. Either way, improving the pass rush is paramount IMO. Whether that be at OLB or at Lowry's spot on the dline. I am not giving up on Lowry and Biegel, but the pass rush needs some special juice to get more out of the other pieces of Perry, CM3, Daniels and Clark. I think the secondary will look a lot better once they get rid of Capers, adjust the scheme a bit and improve the pass rush.

Otherwise I am all for looking at a WR early or oline. I am assuming the Pack will move on from Jordy unless he agrees to a paycut- which I think he would decline anyway. I know the Pack has a lot of good options despite the injury bug this year at RT and RG, but the offense needs to start to transition away from Rodgers elevating the play of the team every week to win. The ground game needs to become more of a force IMO. If the oline can become top notch run unit, it will force Rodgers to reconsider taking as many hits as he does every week. A top notch oline player on the other side of the line from Bakh would go a long way there IMO. However, the run game will only be a solid transition for Rodgers if the defense improves. That is why upgrades in the pass rush are paramount.

A WR on the other side of Adams that can get open and not be thrown open would be nice as well. I like Allison a lot, but he is back up caliber only from what I have seen- someone you will always look to upgrade. Move that big oaf of a WR on a diet and weight lifting plan and see if he makes it as a TE and then draft another complete TE rather high too IMO.

Lots of picks coming up this year, but not a lot of prospects I like unfortunately.

Just now, MNPackfan32 said:
4 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

Turned 21 3 months ago? I am interested

Davenport 2016 film - I am interested.

Davenport 2017 film. OMFG. 

I haven't watched any tbh. I will look tomorrow, our internet is down at home and I don't want to watch draftbreakdown at work lol

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

ugh man. there goes my surprise, was going to do a mach offseason w/ Davenport as our pick...

Archived