2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

46 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Mark Andrews and Equanimeous St. Brown declare. We'll be seeing a lot of them in the 2nd round of many mock drafts.

I watched cut-ups of most of the tight ends. Mark Andrews was probably the least impressive of the bunch. Not sure I'd even use a draft pick on him.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I watched cut-ups of most of the tight ends. Mark Andrews was probably the least impressive of the bunch. Not sure I'd even use a draft pick on him.

Interesting.   Care to elaborate what stood out to you that was not impressive at all.  

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Interesting.   Care to elaborate what stood out to you that was not impressive at all.  

I remember he looked like he gave very poor effort, lazy routes, was consistently beat in the running game, lacked open-field athletic ability.

Kinda seemed like a less stout, worse-effort, but slight more agile Richard Rodgers - but a worse blocker and not the hands.

Just remembering going away thinking "zero interest" after watching him.

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Not sure I see what you are seeing. He's your typical 2nd round TE to me, not a Kelce/Gronk freak but he reminds me of a healthy Eifert.

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Not sure I see what you are seeing. He's your typical 2nd round TE to me, not a Kelce/Gronk freak but he reminds me of a healthy Eifert.

I'd take a healthy Eifert in the second, wouldn't you? Guy was a good player when he was healthy. Will be curious to see what Andrews speed is, he always seems to be WIDE open. Makes me wonder if its route running, or scheme, or who knows what. Skeptical on him like incog is though. 

Just now, tredpack said:

I'd take a healthy Eifert in the second, wouldn't you? Guy was a good player when he was healthy. Will be curious to see what Andrews speed is, he always seems to be WIDE open. Makes me wonder if its route running, or scheme, or who knows what. Skeptical on him like you are though. 

I'm not skeptical on him, I like him a lot. I see a lot of people throw him in round 1, I don't like him that much, but I like him. He'll probably end up grading somewhere from 45-60 when my grades are done, assuming he's a decent athlete.

Goedert is better though. He's a guy I would take in round 1 if he has a Combine to back it up.

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm not skeptical on him, I like him a lot. I see a lot of people throw him in round 1, I don't like him that much, but I like him. He'll probably end up grading somewhere from 45-60 when my grades are done, assuming he's a decent athlete.

Goedert is better though. He's a guy I would take in round 1 if he has a Combine to back it up.

Yeah meant Incog, my bad. Changed. 

Wonder what he'll run in the 40. He has some YAC ability that makes ****-Rod look like a blind one legged pirate.  Maybe we would gain more than 3 yds on our always wonderful 1 yd TE out. 

5 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Random question: What would the Packers 2019 first round pick be worth in April of 2018 ?

Early / Mid 2nd rounder ?

I generally use the last pick of the next round.  So the Packers' 2019 1st round pick is worth the 64th pick in this year's draft.

5 hours ago, tredpack said:

I'd take a healthy Eifert in the second, wouldn't you? Guy was a good player when he was healthy. Will be curious to see what Andrews speed is, he always seems to be WIDE open. Makes me wonder if its route running, or scheme, or who knows what. Skeptical on him like incog is though. 

I'm not sure there is ANYTHING that would lead you to believe that he's healthy.  He's played in 39 career games over 5 seasons.  He's the epitome of the guy that we shouldn't want.  I don't mind a short (1 year) gamble on him with minimal guarantees.

I was just cruising the Drafttek site and looking where the prospects were stacked up.

If the Packers were lucky enough to fill a vacant starting slot at even one critical position with someone like CB E.J.Gaines, they could double dip a couple of key positions early, for example:

1) Edge rusher Harold Landry - Boston (lack of consensus where he goes) or Clelin Ferrell - Clemson (dont think he has declared for draft yet)

2) WR Deon Cain (Clemson)

3)  TE Troy Fumagalli (Wisconsin)

3c) Edge rusher Tremaine Edmunds (Virg. Tech)

4) TE Mike Gesicki (Penn St.)

No draftee is ever a sure thing, but that list has a supertankers worth of potential.

How much would Trumaine Johnson cost again?  How old is Joseph?  Corners in free agency are a tricky, tricky game.  I'd argue that it is better to go with a mid tier guy, like House or Fuller over those other two.  

Thinking that Troy needs to show some speed and agility at the combine to get into the third round.  He looks pretty limited, athletically, to me.  I like him, but not until 5'th or later right now.

59 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I was just cruising the Drafttek site and looking where the prospects were stacked up.

If the Packers were lucky enough to fill a vacant starting slot at even one critical position with someone like CB Trumaine Johnson (Rams) or a shorter term fix like  CB Jonathen Joseph (Texans), they could double dip a couple of key positions early, for example:

1) Edge rusher Harold Landry - Boston (lack of consensus where he goes) or Clelin Ferrell - Clemson (dont think he has declared for draft yet)

2) WR Deon Cain (Clemson)

3)  TE Troy Fumagalli (Wisconsin)

3c) Edge rusher Tremaine Edmunds (Virg. Tech)

4) TE Mike Gesicki (Penn St.)

No draftee is ever a sure thing, but that list has a supertankers worth of potential.

First, they have a huge data base but their rankings are way off every year and only close in on accurate about a week before the draft. 

Second, I love Edmunds athleticism but he is really an ILB or OLB in a 4-3. Very rarely lines up outside unless its goal line from what I've seen. Could he be a good OLB, sure but he would need a lot of work in pass rush.

Archived