Don 'Wink' Martindale promoted to DC

diamondbull424

Head Coach John Harbaugh has again promoted from within to fill his defensive coordinator position, hiring Don "Wink" Martindale Tuesday to be his next defensive leader after the retirement of Dean Pees.

Martindale brings an aggressive mentality (he's best friends with Rex and Rob Ryan), previous history as a defensive coordinator and experience within Baltimore's system.

-Ryan Mink

http://m.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Hire-Don-Wink-Martindale-as-Next-Defensive-Coordinator/de1a0ba1-3648-4150-9945-a804b17333af

Harbaugh better strap up. We don't make playoffs and it's a new regime coming in, my guess David Shaw. Connections to the team and the Harbaughs so it would be an easy transition. I don't know how the college coach to NFL stuff works with contracts though. Is there exit clauses in their contracts if they're given X opportunity in the NFL or something?

13 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Harbaugh better strap up. We don't make playoffs and it's a new regime coming in, my guess David Shaw. Connections to the team and the Harbaughs so it would be an easy transition. I don't know how the college coach to NFL stuff works with contracts though. Is there exit clauses in their contracts if they're given X opportunity in the NFL or something?

We all said this last year.

Just now, Darth Pees said:

We all said this last year.

Not me. I thought he'd get last year and then if he didn't make playoffs, this year with new coordinators, but it looks like Steve isn't going to mandate new blood. Either way it's do or die and Harbaugh has to know it.  

20 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Not me. I thought he'd get last year and then if he didn't make playoffs, this year with new coordinators, but it looks like Steve isn't going to mandate new blood. Either way it's do or die and Harbaugh has to know it.  

Okay. I mean the general consensus last year was "playoffs of bust!" and "one more prove-it year for Harbaugh with this defense or else!" and now look...it's the same story. That's all I'm saying.

If Harbaugh knew this was do or die, I don't think he'd stick with the safe, predictable pick at DC. He knows he's not going anywhere, because he knows nobody's going to hold him accountable. We've missed the playoffs 3 straight years now and if you even utter a "should Harbaugh be fired?" around most Ravens fans or media, you get crucified.

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Head Coach John Harbaugh has again promoted from within to fill his defensive coordinator position, hiring Don "Wink" Martindale Tuesday to be his next defensive leader after the retirement of Dean Pees.

Martindale brings an aggressive mentality (he's best friends with Rex and Rob Ryan), previous history as a defensive coordinator and experience within Baltimore's system.

-Ryan Mink

http://m.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Hire-Don-Wink-Martindale-as-Next-Defensive-Coordinator/de1a0ba1-3648-4150-9945-a804b17333af

LOL!

I know we're all judging him by the one poor (statistically speaking) defense he fielded in Denver, but what else do we have to go off of. Dude was horrible in literally every regard. And the scary thing is, despite some guys being past their prime, talent wise that was still a pretty good group of defensive players he was coaching in Denver. Hopefully he learned something from that experience and is better for it? But I am highly skeptical of this move.

However, given the murmurs, it seems like the only way this could have transpired is if Pagano opted to stay out of coaching for the year and Fangio is set to take a position elsewhere (likely staying with the Bears). I really hope that turns out to be the case, or this is just another example of blind neopitism by Harbaugh.

Well, we said the seat would warm up last offseason if we didn't make the playoffs and John retained his coordinators. I think we can say with certainty if we get similar results next season, we're going to be looking for a new head coach.

So we keep Marty and promote dean pees top assistant lol... Am I missing something lol... these guys talking bout continuity like the offense was acceptable last year... lol... we were 27th in offense and Although we were 9th in points scored we scored 7 or 8 non offensive tds meaning that u can take 3-4 points per game off the board leaving us somewhere around 19-20th in actual points per game... then factor in us having a top 5 starting field position due to our special teams we were actually worst than the stats offensively lol... but u know what let’s just promote this in house coaching talent and run the same scheme that has been so great at closing games over the last half decade...