Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

43 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Not related to us, but Mike Mularkey was offered a contract extension yesterday and is gone today, LOL

Shocking and now with one NE coordinator off the table to DET and McDaniels saying he would prefer TEN because of Mariota the NYG are getting passed over left and right by top candidates.

1 hour ago, rdelaney89 said:

This Jaguars team took 5 years to build, and a pretty good amount of luck by having a top 5 pick go under scrutiny for an injury to allow him to slip to the top of the 2nd round. Macc just finished year 3, this offseason is a pivotal one in our history as a team.

I have to agree, every draft is importation but this years draft is more importation than ever before. It is not only importation to draft good, and make good FA pickups, but it is going to take a little luck to. The only other Jet draft that was this importation was the 2000 draft when we had four first round picks, Abrahan, Pennington, Shawn Ellis, Anthony  Becht. We also got Laveranues Coles, in the third round.

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

Shocking and now with one NE coordinator off the table to DET and McDaniels saying he would prefer TEN because of Mariota the NYG are getting passed over left and right by top candidates.

Giants are in a very tough spot to get a coach. I can't imagine many coaches want to come in and deal with the Eli, OBJ, #2 pick, and Apple situations with a Super Bowl caliber payroll. Much safer to go to a team that already has an established QB. 

15 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

Giants are in a very tough spot to get a coach. I can't imagine many coaches want to come in and deal with the Eli, OBJ, #2 pick, and Apple situations with a Super Bowl caliber payroll. Much safer to go to a team that already has an established QB. 

They are in a tough spot right now, but they still have strong FO leadership. The went thru a horrible period from 1964 thru 1983, when they had only three of those years that they were over 500. They always seem to land on their feet. They only have 4.4 million in cap space, you are right they to have a SB caliber payroll. If they do pick Rosen how much will that cost them.

13 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

They are in a tough spot right now, but they still have strong FO leadership. The went thru a horrible period from 1964 thru 1983, when they had only three of those years that they were over 500. They always seem to land on their feet. They only have 4.4 million in cap space, you are right they to have a SB caliber payroll. If they do pick Rosen how much will that cost them.

They're gonna cut a lot of players and open up payroll. Not enough to be players in FA, but enough for some improvements.

On 1/15/2018 at 10:14 AM, barnaby8787 said:

Yes sir, said it for a while now.  Nearly the same production as ASJ but played in 300 snaps vs. ASJ's 600+.

I too am a big Burton fan but let's be fair

The Philadelphia offense runs through the TE and Ertz was out for at least 2 games off the top of my head

• 2 weeks later...

Gettleman starting to distance himself from the notion that his team will definitely take a QB... the good news is he's known to be the most transparent/least deceptive GMs when it comes to talking the draft. Like Macc, he's a BPA type GM who won't reach on a QB if he feels another player available is better and reiterated that today.

Ultimately it won't shock me to see them go with Saquon at #2 when its all said and done. Gettleman had McCaffery rated as one of the top 5 players in the draft last year; Saquon can do everything McCaffrey can but has more size/power. 

I see a lot of Jets fans making the connection between Casserly-Macc on twitter since the former said Baker was a better prospect than Goff was. Just because Casserly feels that way does not indicate Macc feels the same. The only QB Casserly ever spent a 1st round pick on was David Carr...

8 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I see a lot of Jets fans making the connection between Casserly-Macc on twitter since the former said Baker was a better prospect than Goff was. Just because Casserly feels that way does not indicate Macc feels the same. The only QB Casserly ever spent a 1st round pick on was David Carr...

Charlie also mocked Dalvin to us last year if I'm remembering correctly. 

10 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Do any of you fine folks know if your former DC Mike Pettine coached from the sidelines or from the press box on game days?  Just curious ... haven't been able to get an answer for this elsewhere.

If I remember correctly he was always in the press box.

Archived