Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

Yeah I’d love us to go get Eifert too.

I think we will be saying this until we know the future of our qb situation. If we get a Cousins it’s a different ball game entirely. The potential free agents will change drastically compared to drafting a rookie qb. 

20 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

If Cousins is franchise tagged he's due 28mill. But will he even sign it and not hold out after another year of this stuff again? That's the big issue. Redskins do have 50mill in cap space in 2018, so really 40-42mill if you subtract the draft. That would only leave them 12mill to resign there own players. And they have several other players that they need to keep around if they can like Breeland, Pryor, Murphy, Brown, Compton, Foster and Lauvao.

Everything Allen had done with Cousins' contract suggested Allen had no problem divorcing him after 2018.  I believe Allen will tag him as non exclusive franchise player as he has a plan to move on from Cousins for pick(s). Think it as a "tag and trade" method. That is why I will call Allen the most moronic businessman in NFL if he tends to tag Cousins as a transition player.  I still don't get it why Allen has been fussed about after 2018.  New stadium talk has come to fruition? who knows.

20 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Maybe I misread it but starting at about 22 and going up to 31 would likely equate to around 130 mil over 5

Apologies.  I must be mixed up with other comment.  Anyway, as for 5 year contract, I can see a plateau contract is only way to get 150m. Honestly, I don't think he will get 5 years from any team so 6 or 7 years to meet his halfway.  Longer contract will be helpful to team's salary cap as long as Cousins can see 95m (the word has that he seeks for more than 90m in quick cash) in first 3 years.  5 year contract won't generally allow that.  I know Browns and Jets have plenty of room to cover that but every GM should practice properly for good consistency. Also, just because Cousins plays for high price against his original team does not mean he will earn ridiculously $$$ from other team as many fans suggest.

14 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

ASJ supposedly turned down a 2yr/8mill offer from us.

2y/8m is too general to concern about.  It could mean ASJ only gets real 3-5m out of that contract. If he barks that then 5.5-6.5m out of that contract may be all right by him. who knows.  He is not that important despite of 50 catches. 

8 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

It's funny how it all worked out, especially after getting ripped for taking LF as early as they did. 

They’ve drafted incredibly well and have done great in FA. Hopefully we can do atleast 1 of those right soon.

7 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

It's funny how it all worked out, especially after getting ripped for taking LF as early as they did. 

For all those people poo pooing him as average he is the only RB to ever have 100 plus yards and 3 TDs ever as a rookie. 

I'd take that's with a below average QB. 

9 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I sure hope so. I wish we could just use Jacksonville’s GM just for this offseason.

How great of a football man is Tom Coughlin. He took  the Jags, a expansion team to the playoff in their second year of existence.  Then went to the Giants and had winning teams in the Super Bowl. Goes back to Jacksonville, and has the team in the conference championship game in his first year. And that is with the loss of his best WR Allen Roberson, who got hurt in the first game of the year. Mac is going to have his chance this year, sixth overall pick in the draft, two second round picks, one third round pick, and a pocket full of cash for the FA market. He will have no excuse if he fails this year.

6 hours ago, doumeyer said:

How great of a football man is Tom Coughlin. He took  the Jags, a expansion team to the playoff in their second year of existence.  Then went to the Giants and had winning teams in the Super Bowl. Goes back to Jacksonville, and has the team in the conference championship game in his first year. And that is with the loss of his best WR Allen Roberson, who got hurt in the first game of the year. Mac is going to have his chance this year, sixth overall pick in the draft, two second round picks, one third round pick, and a pocket full of cash for the FA market. He will have no excuse if he fails this year.

This Jaguars team took 5 years to build, and a pretty good amount of luck by having a top 5 pick go under scrutiny for an injury to allow him to slip to the top of the 2nd round. Macc just finished year 3, this offseason is a pivotal one in our history as a team.

Archived