Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

Interesting.  According Adam Schefter's January 25 message,  Jimmy G's agency will use Aaron Rodgers' extension contract as a guideline for Jimmy G's contract.   Rodgers' remaining contract is 20.6m and 21.1m. They are non guaranteed money.  Could be 23-25m AAV base salary for Jimmy G?

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Interesting.  According Adam Schefter's January 25 message,  Jimmy G's agency will use Aaron Rodgers' extension contract as a guideline for Jimmy G's contract.   Rodgers' remaining contract is 20.6m and 21.1m. They are non guaranteed money.  Could be 23-25m AAV base salary for Jimmy G?

It will depend on when he signs but Jimmy's first year will likely be the price of the franchise tag at least for this year ~$24M then it will likely have escalators from there. If I were him I'd ask for a 3 year $60M deal fully guaranteed to take advantage of a contract before he is 30. I'm shocked more QBs are not willing to play on the franchise tag especially when you consider Cousins has made $43M over 2 years while Stafford got $60M over 5 years. League protects the QB more than any other position, they'd be smart to gamble on their health for shorter deals.

According to Eric Galko, last Friday, the final day of Senior Week, Broncos and Cardinals had hinted they would go after Cousins. And, that's it.  Wow.  Maccagnan has either zero interest in Cousins or high quality stitches on his lips.

On other notes, NFLPA said Vikings would have a hard time to toll Bridgewater for 2018 and Chris Simms thinks McCarron will stay with Bengals and start several games in 2018.

13 hours ago, JetsandI said:

According to Eric Galko, last Friday, the final day of Senior Week, Broncos and Cardinals had hinted they would go after Cousins. And, that's it.  Wow.  Maccagnan has either zero interest in Cousins or high quality stitches on his lips.

He has high quality stitches on his lips. 

On 1/27/2018 at 1:05 PM, Dr.O said:

Jordan Matthews makes a lot of sense for the offense we seem to be transitioning too, has a Dennison connection too. 

Why sign Matthews when we can use the RFA tender on Enunwa? 

We need a guy who can potentially replace Robby in the lineup, not another big slot guy. Enunwa and Stewart for $3M next year >  Matthews +$5M 

15 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

We need a guy who can potentially replace Robby in the lineup, not another big slot guy. Enunwa and Stewart for $3M next year >  Matthews +$5M 

Bc Enunwa is coming off a major neck surgery. To think he will be his 2016 self is very optimistic after a serious surgery like that. And we at this point have 0 reason to trust Stewart or Hanson as contributors.

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

I think your are underrating Matthews slightly here, yes he is definitely a possession receiver but he wont be expensive and he is still a quality WR. Neither move like Anderson (nor should they, Robby could hide behind dental floss) but both can absolutely run very well. I still would like to see the market for Allen Robinson too.

Just now, JetsandI said:

It is better option than giving 4 or 5 premium picks for a rookie qb.

Not really when Alex Smith has maxed out as a QB and is on the wrong side of 30. Rather gamble on the young guy or somehow land Cousins.

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Chiefs want 2nd round pick and future draft pick for Alex Smith.    Seahawks' 2nd and 2019's 4th round pick?

No way man. Hes older and couldn’t win a playoff game on a pretty stacked Chiefs team. I see absolutely no reason to entertain Alex Smith at all. The roster isn’t anywhere near close enough. 

Archived