Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

If McCown needs to start 4-5 games while Darnold gets ready so be it. Hopefully he or Teddy wins the job outright, either way no need for a guy like Kaep. CJ coming out and offering to pay fines is sort of a double edged sword but I have no problem with it. 

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Lets not forget that this team didn't kneel last season. They locked arms. So to sign/draft a guy that wants to kneel... probably isn't going to happen.

Yeah for the first time in many years we are going in the right directions. Why would we bring in or draft a guy who is going to start controversy. Just talking about it make me ticked off. 

I guess I should state that I won’t be extremely pissed if we start McCown this season. I just would find it 100% pointless. If we didn’t have Bridgewater then I’d be singing a different tune. But since we will carry 3 QBs there’s no reason to start a 40yr old when you have a talented 25yr Old that’s healthy and a 3rd pick investment that’s 21 too. Let’s just hope these guys beat out McCown over the next few months.

I guess some reports are that Sam took some 1st team reps. They also report that he is improving everyday. I still am sticking  to my prediction, we start with Teddy then if he gets hurt or is not that good we move to Sam. Josh was brought in to be a coach and a back up plan if the rookie or Teddy could not start.

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:06 AM, jetfuel34 said:

I guess some reports are that Sam took some 1st team reps. They also report that he is improving everyday. I still am sticking  to my prediction, we start with Teddy then if he gets hurt or is not that good we move to Sam. Josh was brought in to be a coach and a back up plan if the rookie or Teddy could not start.

It is a little early to predict who will be the starting QB if Terry has a problem or gets hurt who will be next in line to be the starting QB. But I think you are right, it probably be Darnold, if the move is made 6 or 7 games into the season. I hope Darnold, get some snaps with the first team in preseason, and not late in the game against players who won't be on a NFL roster when the season starts. We have to be patient with Sam he is only 20 years old and he should be our future for the next 14 or 15 years. 

4 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

JJ Wilcox just backed out of his deal with SF to sign with us because he wanted to play for Bowles he said.  He's flying here to sign now.

Probably going to battle Miles for a roster spot.

5 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

What the hell? Who would want to play for Todd Bowles?

If you are a DB then you do. Like it or not he does a lot with the DB which is why I think we really don't need an edge guy because the CB and safeties play so well that most guys can get to the QB because the QB has to hold the ball longer. I think JJ will push Buster for his 3 CB spot and be a back up safety. 

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

If you are a DB then you do. Like it or not he does a lot with the DB which is why I think we really don't need an edge guy because the CB and safeties play so well that most guys can get to the QB because the QB has to hold the ball longer. I think JJ will push Buster for his 3 CB spot and be a back up safety. 

Wilcox as a slot CB? No way. Nickerson might challenge Skrine for that role, not Wilcox. It became clear this morning why we got him since Miles is out for 3-4 months or more. He will be our 4th safety.

Lol we need and Edge rusher bad to say we don’t need one because of our DBs isn’t true coverage can only last so long and we saw it for years under Rex and to a similar degree under Bowles

Archived