Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Might not need TE help, there is potential at the position.  It's really impossible to even speculate the 2019 roster and say we are going to need WR, TE, and RB help.  

Trust me I hope Crowell looks like he has 5 great years of football ahead of him. McGuire can grab that 3rd down receiving back role. Herndon, Leggett look like steals and become a great TE duo in 2 TE sets. Robby straightens out off the field. Enunwa shows growth from his 2016 season and shows no injury signs. Hansen and Stewart take that 2nd year leap. I hope all that can happen. Just the odds are stacked against that.

Belicheck is going to get one look at Hack throw a football and is going to throw him right out of the building.  Imagine him in that rhythm accuracy based offense. 

NE may be last chance U for Hack.   

EDIT: And please nobody panic here, he is so bad at football.  BB couldn't cheat his way to making Hack resemble an NFL QB even if he knew what the defense was going to do pre snap.

26 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Belicheck is going to get one look at Hack throw a football and is going to throw him right out of the building.  Imagine him in that rhythm accuracy based offense. 

EDIT: And please nobody panic here, he is so bad at football.  BB couldn't cheat his way to making Hack resemble an NFL QB even if he knew what the defense was going to do pre snap.

I sure hope he's hot garbage ,and not some crazy Patriots super fan who refused to play for anyone but the Patriots 

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

I'm rather confident Hack doesn't turn out to be nothing. But him getting signed by NE is a nightmare. Bc that's the only place he just might succeed.

Brag Gagnon quote... this is regarding him ranking every QBs supporting cast. He has us ranked dead last FYI!!!

”Rookie No. 3 overall pick Sam Darnold will eventually take over for veteran Josh McCown as the quarterback of the New York Jets, and when that happens, Darnold's supporting cast might face a quantity-over-quality dilemma. 

You'd think somebody would be bound to emerge among a receiving corps that includes 2017 breakout player Robby Anderson, 2016 breakout player Quincy Enunwa, second-year third-round pick ArDarius Stewart as well as the more established Jermaine Kearse and Terrelle Pryor. 

The problem there is Anderson has had a string of arrests, Enunwa is working to get back from a lost season due to a neck injury, Stewart has proved nothing after catching just six passes as a rookie last season, Kearse hasn't come close to the 1,000-yard mark in six NFL seasons, and Pryor has a lot to prove as a converted quarterback after a disappointing 2017 season in Washington. 

They also have an experienced trio at running back in Isaiah Crowell, Bilal Powell and Elijah McGuire, but Crowell and Powell both might have already peaked. The former lacked consistency during his four years with the Browns, while the latter has never been a strong feature back as he enters his age-30 season. McGuire averaged just 3.6 yards per carry as a rookie sixth-round pick in 2017. 

With the tight end position watered down following the loss of Austin Seferian-Jenkins, this is a supporting cast that is void of sure-things. That could be problematic.”

I'll take our supporting cast over several teams for sure.  Miami has squat... an old Amendola, Parker hasn't worked out, Stills makes a handful of big plays a year.  Drake is good but he has to prove it for longer.  The Ravens have Crabtree and nothing else at WR, Collins ran ok last year, and they drafted several rookie TE's but I am not to high on either of them.  The Colts have T.Y., Ebron and nothing else.

1 hour ago, rampantjet said:

I'll take our supporting cast over several teams for sure.  Miami has squat... an old Amendola, Parker hasn't worked out, Stills makes a handful of big plays a year.  Drake is good but he has to prove it for longer.  The Ravens have Crabtree and nothing else at WR, Collins ran ok last year, and they drafted several rookie TE's but I am not to high on either of them.  The Colts have T.Y., Ebron and nothing else.

Some of that’s debatable but even given that... so then what we are 29th in the league in weapons? Still bad. This isn’t factoring in OLine either. In particular the Ravens and Dolphins have far superior OLines than us.

12 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

The Fowler speculation is a pretty good one. It's a good move for both sides. Seems like there are a lot of LB's in contract situations we could take advantage of. 

IMO, it’s only a good trade for Jacksonville if they are finished with Bortles. Otherwise they would be giving up on a 24 year, top3 draft choice that got them 8 sacks playing less than half the time, for a backup QB.

I don’t think they they have given up on Bortles and if they want Teddy as a backup/ insurance we would have to give up a lot more

40 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

IMO, it’s only a good trade for Jacksonville if they are finished with Bortles. Otherwise they would be giving up on a 24 year, top3 draft choice that got them 8 sacks playing less than half the time, for a backup QB.

I don’t think they they have given up on Bortles and if they want Teddy as a backup/ insurance we would have to give up a lot more

But they were really close to giving up on him. Took them until the last second to make a decision on his contract. he's on the fence. We might have to add on to the trade, but nothing that would hurt us. If Bortles doesn't look good during Preseason, they might make the trade. 

Archived