Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

45 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Again that's why I said if we add a Mid to High tier WR we would look to him not a guy who would come into tompete for the 4 spot but a legitimate starter. Anderson will most likely get a 1-2 game suspension and I don't think you could move Enunwa at the moment because what ever return you would get on him wouldn't be fair compensation compared to his talent. Macc took Peake in the 7th and Jalin was a UDFA so I don't think he was too high on them like you make it sound. They were both only given shots because Devin Smith couldn't stay healthy.

Fact is if we trade Enunwa the WR needs to be addressed BIG TIME. We cant roll into next year with an "off the field issue" Robby Anderson as our #1, the epitome of average in Kearse as our #2, 2 guys that have barely even seen snaps in Hansen and Stewart as our 3 and 4. There'd be no chance of getting Cousins here with that WR group. As well as there'd be a very small chance of a rookie QB succeeding with that WR group.

15 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Fact is if we trade Enunwa the WR needs to be addressed BIG TIME. We cant roll into next year with an "off the field issue" Robby Anderson as our #1, the epitome of average in Kearse as our #2, 2 guys that have barely even seen snaps in Hansen and Stewart as our 3 and 4. There'd be no chance of getting Cousins here with that WR group. As well as there'd be a very small chance of a rookie QB succeeding with that WR group.

There is no way we move Enunwa and don't address WR, we likely will address the position even if we keep Enunwa. 

Den has Sanders on the block trying to clear cap space for Cousins.  I laugh when I hear DEN is a way better destination than NY for this reason.  They are going to have to trade their best weapon Sanders (yeah he probably is slightly better than DT at this point) and lose their 3rd or 4th best defensive player Talib to sign Cousins.

They'll still have a solid defense but what else.  A 31 year old DT, Jake Butt coming back from an ACL tear, and a mediocre running game.  I mean they are middle of the pack just like the Jets were.  They clearly have the better defense even with losing Talib but Anderson and Enunwa are probably better moving forward then DT at 31 and Bennie Fowler.    

The Jets will at still have a ton of cap space and 4 top 70 picks to improve the roster so we should be able to have a top 15 defense, a better OL and better weapons.  We have just as good a shot to land Cousins if not better.  Plus NE is ready to collapse opening to AFC East wide open.

15 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Den has Sanders on the block trying to clear cap space for Cousins.  I laugh when I hear DEN is a way better destination than NY for this reason.  They are going to have to trade their best weapon Sanders (yeah he probably is slightly better than DT at this point) and lose their 3rd or 4th best defensive player Talib to sign Cousins.

They'll still have a solid defense but what else.  A 31 year old DT, Jake Butt coming back from an ACL tear, and a mediocre running game.  I mean they are middle of the pack just like the Jets were.  They clearly have the better defense even with losing Talib but Anderson and Enunwa are probably better moving forward then DT at 31 and Bennie Fowler.    

The Jets will at still have a ton of cap space and 4 top 70 picks to improve the roster so we should be able to have a top 15 defense, a better OL and better weapons.  We have just as good a shot to land Cousins if not better.  Plus NE is ready to collapse opening to AFC East wide open.

I completely agree. I think Denver's championship window is closing real hard.

IMO Minnesota should be our top competition. They are clearly the best team without a QB for next season. If Bridgewater is a RFA then he'll be rendered for $4m then they can go after Cousins. If they land Cousins then you can keep Teddy for cheap or see if you can swing him for a draft pick. If they miss on Cousins then they have Teddy.

20 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I agree. But there franchise is just better than ours. By that I mean it’s run better. Nearly every year we are a laughing stock if the NFL. We have to do some serious selling and convincing to Cousins and really all FAs to get them to come play for us.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I agree. But there franchise is just better than ours. By that I mean it’s run better. Nearly every year we are a laughing stock if the NFL. We have to do some serious selling and convincing to Cousins and really all FAs to get them to come play for us.

Their HC is terrible.  Makes Bowles look good.

Bates helps us too.

Not saying we are some great option for him but we are constantly being laughed at when compared to DEN as an option which is far from the truth.  Our pitch needs to be a good one about how we plan on surrounding him with talent.  What gives us the slight edge is despite DEN more recent success we have the cap to get him more talent.

No to Vontae Davis... he's about to be 30yrs old.

I say yes to Houston but for sure I wouldn't break the bank for him. He just turned 29. Why I say yes to Houston and not Davis is bc of the FA class at each position for starters (CB is deeper) and the fact that Houston is more dominant at his position than Davis is at his.

But in all honestly I see KC cutting Hali if anyone not Houston. Dee Ford I'm sure they want to keep around with a new bigger deal.

32 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Houston would be great but hes always hurt. Cant guarantee more than 3 years. Would change the dynamic of this defense.

I want Zac Brown to play next to Davis as well. Let Lee earn whatever playing time he gets. 

If we brought in Brown... Lee would never see the field bc he cant beat either of Davis or Brown out. I think this is a make or break year for Lee. I never liked the pick, but obviously hoped he'd prove me wrong and I still hope he does. I don't see the need to get a starting ILB as a huge need bc we should resign Davis and the potential "might" be there with Lee.

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Houston would be great but hes always hurt. Cant guarantee more than 3 years. Would change the dynamic of this defense.

I want Zac Brown to play next to Davis as well. Let Lee earn whatever playing time he gets. 

Jets need a veteran presence so I have no problem to have Houston for the price of 10 starts per season over 3 or 4 years.

If Jets actually get Brown and Davis then I can see Lee and Davis splitting duties. 

Archived