Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

42 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’d take either honestly. And Colvin for the slot.

Having both Gaines and Claiborne would scare me from an injury standpoint.  I like Colvin though.  From what i heard Johnson is a target for us ... Johnson, Claiborne and Colvin along with Adams and Maye is a nice D backfield.

10 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Having both Gaines and Claiborne would scare me from an injury standpoint.  I like Colvin though.  From what i heard Johnson is a target for us ... Johnson, Claiborne and Colvin along with Adams and Maye is a nice D backfield.

I fear Johnson will be over priced, but that is a damn fine secondary.

45 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

I hear you.  Seems like all DBs get overpriced quickly ... lol

Since Revis we haven’t been able to draft a decent corner, so that’s really our only hope is in FA.

And if we miss out on Cousins overpaying a couple good corners won’t hurt us cap wise at all.

11 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

I have a feeling that Mac felt like we had too many problem children so to speak between Robby, Mauldin, now Donahue, etc.

They are not even big players for us. Both could easily be cut. Shame on a Mauldin as I had high hopes for him..what’s happened with him? I thought he had great character coming out of college? 

As for Robby...obviously he could be a great player for us so hopefully we get him sorted. I just think Peters would be worth the headache. Top 3 CB at 25 with two years left on cheap contract. For 2nd,4th- Peters,6th.

I’d roll the dice all day long!!!

3 hours ago, xenajets said:

They are not even big players for us. Both could easily be cut. Shame on a Mauldin as I had high hopes for him..what’s happened with him? I thought he had great character coming out of college? 

As for Robby...obviously he could be a great player for us so hopefully we get him sorted. I just think Peters would be worth the headache. Top 3 CB at 25 with two years left on cheap contract. For 2nd,4th- Peters,6th.

Yeah, Donahue was so drunk he drove the wrong way in the Lincoln Tunnel, and crash into a mini van putting four people in the Hospital. Where do we find those guys? The Jets scouting department has been a big question mark for a lot of years, they have been getting a free ride for to long.

3 hours ago, xenajets said:

I'm not saying peters isn't worth it; I'm saying I think that's why we didn't go after him (assuming we didn't because nobody really knows right now)

18 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I'm not saying peters isn't worth it; I'm saying I think that's why we didn't go after him (assuming we didn't because nobody really knows right now)

Oh right I get you. Yeah maybe your right, it’s still unbelievable to me how football players in the USA are in trouble on a near daily basis when other sports stars have little to no level of criminal activity. 

Is it because they have such huge periods between seasons whereas other sports don’t? Really unbelievable how many of these idiots get in trouble with all the opportunities given to them! 

55 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Oh right I get you. Yeah maybe your right, it’s still unbelievable to me how football players in the USA are in trouble on a near daily basis when other sports stars have little to no level of criminal activity. 

Is it because they have such huge periods between seasons whereas other sports don’t? Really unbelievable how many of these idiots get in trouble with all the opportunities given to them! 

I think part of it is the NFL has the most amount of teams and the largest roster size of any pro sport. I don't know if this stat is exclusive to the NFL or not but I remember hearing 90% of NFL players come from the top 10 worst areas in the country (from a crime perspective). Then you combine that with a sport that is so hyper aggressive that they literally destroy their brains.

Not really trying to make excuses but I can see why it seems like they are always in trouble. 

12 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Not a big fan of throwing big money at Gaines. I'm all aboard the Fuller train... I think he's ascending at the right time and could be a free agency steal. 

I agree mostly with this because Fuller is my #1 target over Johnson/Butler even.  However Gaines is seriously underrated and would take him over both Johnson and Butler.

It really depends on how much each player is going to get because I like Gaines just as much as Johnson/Butler and think he'll get slightly less which makes him a better value.  His ability to play multiple CB positions (inside and outside) is a plus too.

I would let Mo walk, cut Skrine and focus on a Fuller/Gaines duo and look to add a rookie within the first 3 rounds (Mike Hughes, Jaire Alexander, JC Jackson).  That could be a scary good secondary.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

I agree mostly with this because Fuller is my #1 target over Johnson/Butler even.  However Gaines is seriously underrated and would take him over both Johnson and Butler.

It really depends on how much each player is going to get because I like Gaines just as much as Johnson/Butler and think he'll get slightly less which makes him a better value.  His ability to play multiple CB positions (inside and outside) is a plus too.

I would let Mo walk, cut Skrine and focus on a Fuller/Gaines duo and look to add a rookie within the first 3 rounds (Mike Hughes, Jaire Alexander, JC Jackson).  That could be a scary good secondary.

I still like Gaines more than Fuller.

My CB rankings are...

1. Gaines

2. Fuller

3. Johnson

4. Colvin

5. Butler 

Archived