5. Butler 

Mines pretty similar although I have Fuller lower on my list

1. Johnson

2. Breeland

3. Gaines

4. Colvin

5. Fuller

49 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I get a bad feeling this is going to be one heck of a disappointing offseason. Have to hope a QB falls to us in the draft. If Josh McCown is our week 1 starter again, I truly give up.

I have a feeling you’ll be disappointed. Bowles will probably start McCown over the rookie until we’re eliminated from the playoffs knowing him. He’s so bad.

31 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I have a feeling you’ll be disappointed. Bowles will probably start McCown over the rookie until we’re eliminated from the playoffs knowing him. He’s so bad.

If we get a young QB in the draft I sure have no problem with him holding a clip board for a year. As long as it is one of the top  four QB's in the draft.

5 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

I think part of it is the NFL has the most amount of teams and the largest roster size of any pro sport. I don't know if this stat is exclusive to the NFL or not but I remember hearing 90% of NFL players come from the top 10 worst areas in the country (from a crime perspective). Then you combine that with a sport that is so hyper aggressive that they literally destroy their brains.

Not really trying to make excuses but I can see why it seems like they are always in trouble. 

Yeah that’s true. Although if you add up all the players from just one set of leagues in soccer from just one country you will be surprised just how many players there are. 

E.g. In English soccer there are four main leagues starting from the PL down to league two. Now there will probably be anywhere from 20-30 in a squad with countless others in reserves/youth teams. Even just averaging it at 25 per team and 92 teams that’s 2300 players. Just in English football. 

The NFL has 32 teams X 53 players so that’s 1696. 

I just can’t understand why it’s so bad. I have never had any concern heading into an offseason watching Man Utd all these years that one or more of the players will get arrested etc. They go on holiday and that seems to be it. Yet it seems a certainty that it will happen at least once per team in the NFL. We’ve had two arrested and it’s only February!!!!! 

Maybe your right about the backgrounds or cultures. The one player I remember from Man Utd who had all the talent but didn’t make it was a guy called Ravel Morrison who was just unreal. Yet after constant problems with his ‘friends’ from his neighbourhood he was sold on and now plays in Mexico or somewhere like that. Could of been on £200k a week playing in front of 80k fans every week and instead he blew it. 

It infurites me but is also very interesting. Why these guys can’t sort their **** out and make a ton of money and never have a care in the world again I have no idea! 

18 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Since Revis we haven’t been able to draft a decent corner, so that’s really our only hope is in FA.

And if we miss out on Cousins overpaying a couple good corners won’t hurt us cap wise at all.

Huh? Plenty of good corners in this draft as well as FA.  Is not an either or scenario ...

57 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Huh? Plenty of good corners in this draft as well as FA.  Is not an either or scenario ...

Did you not read what I wrote? I stated that we haven't drafted a good corner since Revis. And that's a fact. We have no clue if we even draft a CB this draft never mind them being good. My statement was regarding that apparently we don't draft well period, but at CB we've had several failed picks.

2017: Clark, Jones (neither even play)

2016: Burris (looks lost when he plays)

2015: no CB drafted

2014: McDougle, Dixon (McD couldn't stay healthy which was no surprise since he couldn't in college) and Dixon just wasn't good).

2013: Milliner (one of our worst draft picks)

2012: no CBs drafted

2011: no CBs drafted

2010: Wilson (another bad pick that never amounted to anything).

Does that make my point?????

17 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Did you not read what I wrote? I stated that we haven't drafted a good corner since Revis. And that's a fact. We have no clue if we even draft a CB this draft never mind them being good. My statement was regarding that apparently we don't draft well period, but at CB we've had several failed picks.

2017: Clark, Jones (neither even play)

2016: Burris (looks lost when he plays)

2015: no CB drafted

2014: McDougle, Dixon (McD couldn't stay healthy which was no surprise since he couldn't in college) and Dixon just wasn't good).

2013: Milliner (one of our worst draft picks)

2012: no CBs drafted

2011: no CBs drafted

2010: Wilson (another bad pick that never amounted to anything).

Does that make my point?????

We can't draft any position except for OL well on occasion but that shouldn't stop us from possibly taking one.

If we don't splurge on a QB, I'd be totally fine with signing Richburg AND Norwell. The money isn't going to spend itself, might as well invest it in positions of need. Throw in one of the top corners and it isn't sexy, but it would be an effective free agency.

Archived