2018 Free Agency

turtle28

10 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

So..?? Is Phil Taylor done ? Not going to work out anyway and / or injury finished him ?

He can't be counted on.  We can give him a camp invite to be a backup or something but counting on him to do anything more would be a huge mistake.  Limiting his snaps might also be a way to keep him healthy.

I agree with MKnight. If Phil Taylor wants to keep trying to play, we can give him another try out for the offseason and see what happens. If he’s heslthy, he’ll probably make it as a back up NT, but we need to draft or sign someone else like we should have last year w/ Poe or Logan.

Looking back, Terrell McClain and Stacy McGee were colossal wastes of money and will continue to be. We NEEDED DTs to help with our run D, and we still finished last in that department. Interested to see how that unit looks  in 2018. Probably just gonna have to roll the dice with the current unit and add a guy in the draft.

1 hour ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Looking back, Terrell McClain and Stacy McGee were colossal wastes of money and will continue to be. We NEEDED DTs to help with our run D, and we still finished last in that department. Interested to see how that unit looks  in 2018. Probably just gonna have to roll the dice with the current unit and add a guy in the draft.

I think if Allen and Ioannidis stay healthy we would’ve been much better also, both of our ILBs got hurt which hurt our run D towards the end of the year. Not having Brown and his speed was a huge blow to our run D and down the stretch the run fill from the safeties wasn’t always great. Bad angles, and a few missed tackles in week 17 led to Darkwa running all over us when it shouldn’t have happened. 

McClain battled a toe injury the last month or so but I agree neither he or McGee lived up to their contracts. I do think they’re back next year and hopefully Tomsula can get more out of them. I definitely think Allen & Ioannidis are going to be our starters at DE - not McClain and McGee - and Lanier will probably be our top rotational DE.  

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

I want Kirk back but to be honest if we can’t strike a deal I want to use that money to completely bolster the defense, draft a QB and RB 1 and 2 and spend the rest on defense. Mimic what the jags have done

The Jags drafted Defense Defense Defense and went FA when the defense found its cornerstone players in the draft. We do need that we need a draft haul with two day one studs!!!

5 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

We aren't far from 11-5 if kirks back . We need run stoppers and a safety and ILB that can make a difference . 

RB-OG-C-WR as well .

im very high on Anthony Lanier this dude was good . Had he started 16 games he probably racks up 9 sacks .

We have starting caliber safeties. All we need is a reserve to compete with Fish & Everett for the back up jobs.

In order of need IMO - if Kirk is back:

1. NT - starter & back up 

2. RB

3. ILB - I hope we re-sign Brown so we just need one

4. LG - presumably they re-sign Long and this isn’t a huge need, just mid round depth. Kouandjio is depth also.

5. WR - We need someone opposite Doctson who has sub-4.5 speed. I’d re-sign Grant and Quick as well to compete with Harris for the last few spots.

6. C - Roullier is going to be our starter. If we re-sign Long then I don’t even see this as a need because Long would be Roullier’s back up.

To me, Redskins need to draft an ILB, early and late. They also should re-sign Vigil.

Keim says that Brown wants to be amongst the highest paid ILBs in the NFL which is over $10 mil, I believe the highest paid makes $12 million. 

I wouldn’t pay Brown near $10 mil a year and I don’t think he’ll get it as a FA on the open market.

Let him come back to us w/ his best offer if he wants to stay.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

To me, Redskins need to draft an ILB, early and late. They also should re-sign Vigil.

Keim says that Brown wants to be amongst the highest paid ILBs in the NFL which is over $10 mil, I believe the highest paid makes $12 million. 

I wouldn’t pay Brown near $10 mil a year and I don’t think he’ll get it as a FA on the open market.

Let him come back to us w/ his best offer if he wants to stay.

We have the money turtle i would HOPE we sign Brown first over Kirk.

sick and tired of not having any INSIDE LINEBACKERS .

Also other than DJ our safety core sucks .

-Nicholson  always injured 

-Everett not a starter

-Dhall retiring 

-fish has no experince 

listen there's three safeties we can try to sign that can help .

morgan Burnett - proven vet 

Eric Reid -1 year prove it deal 

Lamarcus Joyner- still young and was very good this year .

we need to get some play making safeties . I'm sure skins try to atleast pursue one of those guys . We need to build the depth better at safety because if DJ gone than we are done.

9 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Also other than DJ our safety core sucks .

-Nicholson  always injured 

-Everett not a starter

-Dhall retiring 

-fish has no experince 

listen there's three safeties we can try to sign that can help .

morgan Burnett - proven vet 

Eric Reid -1 year prove it deal 

Lamarcus Joyner- still young and was very good this year .

we need to get some play making safeties . I'm sure skins try to atleast pursue one of those guys . We need to build the depth better at safety because if DJ gone than we are done.

Nicholson had one year. Saying “he’s always injured” carries as much weight as those saying Doctson had a chronic injury in 2016 and he’d never be healthy. Meaning... ZERO weight!

I don’t mind signing any of those guys but I think Nicholson is better in coverage than all of them and would start over them. We need back ups. For sure we should draft a guy at some point in the draft for depth and to develop. 

Archived