The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, I have nothing but respect for the way he's playing it. Make them woo you, there's literally no benefit for him to visit and sign with a team before exploring every option and working all interested teams against each other. As a Titans fan, it's not fun, but it's not his job to make the process easier for fans.

As someone who hates his job, I can't knock this at all for Suh. I wish I could go ad agency to ad agency waiting to see who offers me the most money

22 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

I was a big fan of Sunshine since the draft... I know he hasn't turned out anywhere near what I thought he'd be... but he's one of the better backup options available... and I think he would be able to not completely derail the season if Mariota has to miss a couple of games.  Outside of Kaep, I don't think we can do much better at backup QB...

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

As someone who hates his job, I can't knock this at all for Suh. I wish I could go ad agency to ad agency waiting to see who offers me the most money

Unless you're working under a contract... or are in the military (essentially a contract)... you absolutely can do that.  You don't even have to leave your current job to that... 

18 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Suhs going to be a Ram if you here how Schultz is talking about it right now on Twitter. 

Titans should call Hankins in for a visit 

Man, you can’t be living and dying with the pure PR talk he’s spitting out after each visit.

35 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Raiders actually have very little cap room available, I believe less than 5 Million. Most likely Suh is using us a bargaining chip to finesse a bigger contract.

If we are somehow going to sign Suh, they will have to restructure Carr's deal, or sign Khalil Mack to an extension to lower his cap hit and do some other sorcery. So I wouldn't worry too much about us

Yeah, I’m sure he’s visiting any team that shows interest in him. Maybe he can get a Vegas Trip out of it.

25 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Man, you can’t be living and dying with the pure PR talk he’s spitting out after each visit.

He will sign with a team on the West Coast that’s been my stance since I found out he lived in Portland. 

Rams have been stacking up and these few Rams tweets are the most he’s flaunted over any team he’s visited 

6 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

He will sign with a team on the West Coast that’s been my stance since I found out he lived in Portland. 

Rams have been stacking up and these few Rams tweets are the most he’s flaunted over any team he’s visited 

The sooner people accept that these visits mean very little and that he’s going to the highest bidder, the better off we will be. He chose to go to school in Nebraska, played in Detroit and moved to Miami over plenty of other offers. I doubt the Northwest has a huge amount of pull.

I think the massive difference in taxes and cost of living between LA and Nashville is a far more important selling point than being on the west coast.

19 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

The more teams he visits the less likely I think him signing with us is.   I think the Rams would be the most attractive out of the ones so far.  They can pay him, pair him with a great teammate and a high powered offense. 

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The more teams he visits the less likely I think him signing with us is.   I think the Rams would be the most attractive out of the ones so far.  They can pay him, pair him with a great teammate and a high powered offense. 

I learn not to go against you, you have sources you know some 

23 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The sooner people accept that these visits mean very little and that he’s going to the highest bidder, the better off we will be. He chose to go to school in Nebraska, played in Detroit and moved to Miami over plenty of other offers. I doubt the Northwest has a huge amount of pull.

I think the massive difference in taxes and cost of living between LA and Nashville is a far more important selling point than being on the west coast.

I feel like going to a contender is going to be a bigger pull for him this go around than going to the highest bidder like in years past. He’s been on a lot of losing teams in his career, and this is his last shot to make a run at a championship. I feel like the Rams have the advantage here. They have the most talented overall roster of the teams that are in the running. He’s not going to take a ridiculous drop in pay to join a contender or anything like that, but the Rams can still offer him a good chunk of change while also probably giving him the best chance to win.

35 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I feel like going to a contender is going to be a bigger pull for him this go around than going to the highest bidder like in years past. He’s been on a lot of losing teams in his career, and this is his last shot to make a run at a championship. I feel like the Rams have the advantage here. They have the most talented overall roster of the teams that are in the running. He’s not going to take a ridiculous drop in pay to join a contender or anything like that, but the Rams can still offer him a good chunk of change while also probably giving him the best chance to win.

I don't know. I just don't think the way he's going about the process points to a guy that is putting a huge priority on making a last run at a title. It's definitely the best way to draw in as many teams as possible and have a bidding war though. I think the Rams are the biggest threat, primarily because they have the second most money to offer among the interested teams. He could absolutely prove me wrong, but I think he goes to whichever team offers him the most guarantees and the most years.

Now, it's fully possible that he's only talking to teams that he thinks have a chance of being playoff or SB contenders. But once he has that group of five/six/seven/twenty teams, I would bet that he looks for the highest payday possible out of that group.

Archived