What Comics Are You Reading?

devils1854

AGENTS OF ATLAS #2
Written by Greg Pak
Art by Nico Leon/Pop Mhan

large-4331324.jpg?1567810529

Heard elswhere that this is essentially an Amadeus book dressed as a team book, and I'd have to agree. Up to this point he's taken up most of the panel time, and I haven't really learned much regarding the other characters. As a Shang Chi fan, that's a little unfortunate. Silk seems cool, but she's just acting as someone to bounce Amadeus' emotions off of. Who is Sword Master? I don't know, but he's on the team. Pak is setting up this young love triangle thing, and...I mean...it's not bad, but...I'd like to learn more about the larger story that has been set up with the tech mogul Issac Ikeda, and his city of Pan with it's magic doorways to other Asian cities. Also, what about Jimmy Woo and his secret plans behind the scenes? What happened? I laughed at various points in the issue though, so this has potential, but I just think it could be better. Art was okay. Meh.

STAR WARS JEDI: FALLEN ORDER - DARK TEMPLE #1
Written by Matthew Rosenberg
Penciled/inked by Paolo Villanelli

large-4234635.jpg?1567885848

Not really reading Star Wars at the moment, but I decided to give this a try with the new game that is coming out which looks cool. Here you essentially have the Jedi Council send a Jedi and his headstrong padawan to a planet in place of a republic army to oversee an evacuation from an ancient temple or whatever. Not a bad first issue. The ending looks like things are about to pop off real quick. Really liking the penciler on this title, especially the way faces are rendered. Coloring is nice too. Yeah though, just a solid setup issue.

HOUSE OF X #4
Written by Johnathan Hickman
Penciled/inked by Pepe Larraz

large-5247981.jpg?1568158792

Yup. That was the pop off for sure. Things got savage in this issue. This was the first book I read for the week's releases, and I was almost pretty sure it was going to be my top pick. After a week to think about it now, I'm not so sure. Hickman is still dealing. He dropped the exposition heavy approach, and had Larraz just got bonkers with the face paced operation in space. I do have to say though, with all the chaos that ensued, I'm still not sure who I should be rooting for, the mutants or the humans. I felt something on both sides of the conflict. All around the situation is just an unfortunate reality for all involved. A lot of emotional moments in this book, and it was a great read pure and simple. The only thing that gave me pause after I thought about it, and heard what others have had to say, was that due to what was previously established with Moira, and the first few panels in the first book, all that happens is probably irrelevant. That isn't a new concept obviously, but in this story the fallout was treated with heavy emphasis, as if there will be big consequences down the road. Clearly from the future solicits, that's not the case. Hickman has control of the entire X-Men bus though, so I want to see where he takes it.

• 2 weeks later...

So, for my Marvel podcast, two weeks ago I decided to talk about Luna Snow since Marvel had announced a solo comic for her on a limited run or maybe just one issue.

http://10minmarvel.libsyn.com/10-minute-marvel-episode-11-luna-snow-and-thor

I hadn't heard about her before, but I like the concept of her character and the K-Pop background seemed like a lot of fun, have you, who are reading more often than I am, run across her?

6 hours ago, The Gnat said:

So, for my Marvel podcast, two weeks ago I decided to talk about Luna Snow since Marvel had announced a solo comic for her on a limited run or maybe just one issue.

I hadn't heard about her before, but I like the concept of her character and the K-Pop background seemed like a lot of fun, have you, who are reading more often than I am, run across her?

Never heard of her before until you posted.  Is she part of the line that Aero is?

16 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Never heard of her before until you posted.  Is she part of the line that Aero is?

Yeah, she shows up in War of the Realms which Aero is in as well. I think that's where both of them showed up for the first time or about the first time. Though, Luna Snow would have also been in one of the games, Future Fight before comics it seems.

45 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Thought about delving into the Marvel Star Wars comics. I'd also like to find a collection or omnibus/graphic novel that has a bunch of the classic captain america stories in it. Like Golden Age/his stories during WWII.

Just beware they did all kinds of stuff that messed up (ruined imo) elements of the original trilogy.  The first issue of the main series pissed me off so bad that I never continued. Something that completely crapped on Empire Strikes Back.   I cannot speak for any peripheral series tho. 

On 10/2/2019 at 9:59 PM, The Gnat said:

She has a role in Agents of Atlas right now, and it's a typical love triangle thing with Amadeus Cho, and another new character. Not much depth revealed to her yet. 

• 2 months later...

Hey guys.  I just got into Marvel Unlimited.  I'm really wanting to read X-Men comics to learn more about the characters, but I don't know where to start? Should I start with the original comics or is there a new updated version?  The original comics from like the 1960's seems boring as hell and don't have a lot of the core X-Men of today.

• 1 month later...