Titans Head Coaching Search 2018

KingTitan

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

It is a good time to meet coaches actually. It is like a coaching convention. Unemployed coaches go there just to pass out the resumes, because everyone is in one place. 
I think it would be great if he makes a hire by the middle of next week. Don't know if that is unrealistic. 

If there's interest in any candidates still coaching, they'll wait until next week. Whether McDaniels, Patricia, and Shurmur are really no longer options, there's Defillipo, Reich, and maybe another guy or 2. I think next week may be a more reasonable time frame to announce the hire... Unless there is absolutely zero interest in any of those guys.

Watching the videos on DeFilippo just about has me sold on him being on this team in any capacity either as a head coach or Offensive coordinator. the man knows football. One thing I noticed, at one point he said something about a concept being installed that week. That's something our team would never do this year. we did the same thing every week regardless of what any scouting report may have said about the team we were playing.

Someone who can gameplan to attack the other teams weakness will be a breath of fresh air I don't think I've ever experienced as a Titans fan. Literally just been "ram the ball down their throats until they lose will" for as long as I've ever been a fan - from Fisher, to Munchak, Whisenhunt and Mularkey - it's been the exact same thing I feel like.

10 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

thoughts on Jim bob Cooter possibly for OC? I would imagine Detroit wants to keep him regardless of who the new head coach is but if not would you be interested in him coming here?

I'd give him a look. Stafford has done well and maybe even better than years past since Calvin has left with JBC.

I love love love that we're interviewing Matt LeFleur. I don't know if he'll be hired but it's nice to see we're going outside the box a bit.

He's coached rookie year RG3/Kirk Cousins, MVP season Matt Ryan and Jared Goff this past year. He may be a bit wet behind the ears but his resume with QBs is pretty impressive.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

The more I look into LaFleur, the more I think he is who I want us to get. Has been around some of the best offensive minds in the game between Shanahan, Gruden, and McVay. He was the QB coach in Washington with RG3/Cousins. He also was the QB coach for Atlanta last year and Matt Ryan had his best season of his career during that season. Yes, Kyle Shanahan played a huge part in that as well, but LaFleur was a part of that and a witness to it. And this season the jump that Goff and the Rams as a whole took was fantastic. It just comes down to that wherever LaFleur has been, he has been around great coaches and the QBs have had solid seasons with him on the staff. He isn’t the sole reason for the early success of RG3/Cousins, Ryan, or Goff but played a part in all 3 and i think he would do a great job in putting the right people around Marcus and the offense. 

• Like 1

Just now, TitanSlim said:

I love love love that we're interviewing Matt LeFleur. I don't know if he'll be hired but it's nice to see we're going outside the box a bit.

He's coached rookie year RG3/Kirk Cousins, MVP season Matt Ryan and Jared Goff this past year. He may be a bit wet behind the ears but his resume with QBs is pretty impressive.

He will need to add that Vet coach to help him through it.  McVay has Wade Phillips. He will need that and a strong DC.  I heard LeBeau is under contract so he contractually obligated to be here, but does he want to....moreso do we really want him here.

I'm tired of us trying to be Pittsburgh South. 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

He will need to add that Vet coach to help him through it.  McVay has Wade Phillips. He will need that and a strong DC.  I heard LeBeau is under contract so he contractually obligated to be here, but does he want to....moreso do we really want him here.

I'm tired of us trying to be Pittsburgh South. 

Jack del Rio could be that guy for LaFleur