Titans Head Coaching Search 2018

KingTitan

19 minutes ago, tntitans4life17 said:

For me I have LaFleur as my top guy but Wilks is a very close second.

All these names we are talking about are names I would be excited about which is incredible with the Titans haha

What is it about LaFleur that makes him your top guy?

I'm actually curious about this guy. Sounds like we have him scheduled, and all I know of him is that he was the OC for the Rams this past season... but frankly I put a hell of a lot more credit for that team's offensive turnaround (and Goff's development) in the hands of McVay and not LaFleur... I hope he isn't a guy who is simply riding the coattails of a brilliant mind and then given way too much control (head coach offer) when he's clearly going to be in over his head and flop.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I'm actually curious about this guy. Sounds like we have him scheduled, and all I know of him is that he was the OC for the Rams this past season... but frankly I put a hell of a lot more credit for that team's offensive turnaround (and Goff's development) in the hands of McVay and not LaFleur... I hope he isn't a guy who is simply riding the coattails of a brilliant mind and then given way too much control (head coach offer) when he's clearly going to be in over his head and flop.

i wonder if we might look to bring him in as a playcalling OC should we go with a guy like Vrabel. that seems like a bump-up more commensurate with his experience.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i wonder if we might look to bring him in as a playcalling OC should we go with a guy like Vrabel. that seems like a bump-up more commensurate with his experience.

Yep. I don’t think he’ll get the HC job but the OC job with the potential to call plays would be intriguing. I think that’s why I like Wilks the most of the 3 scheduled interviews. Mainly because of the rumor that he’d bring DeFilippo as his OC. 

45 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

We can’t bring him in as a OC when he’s under contract as OC, he can only come to us with a promotion & that’s either him as a HC or OC/assistant HC 

4 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

No matter who the choice is, I'm just happy that Jon Robinson can actually get to choose his guy this go round.

That's what I'm sayin. I don't see any way we "lose" in this situation as fans. If the team flops under the new HC it won't matter because we were gonna flop anyways with the continuity of Mularkey's regime and next years schedule. I don't even care who he hires simply because, 1) I trust him as a GM, and 2) I don't think it can be worse than what we were headed for next season had 0 changes been made.

48 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I like him because of how respected he appears to be by some of the top offensive minds in the game in Shanahan and McVay. I will give you that the turnaround of Goff was more because of McVay instead of LaFleur and same with Ryan's season last year more because of Shanahan than anything else, but the fact he has been brought with wherever those 2 guys go and been around the development of some of the better young QBs in the game gives me some confidence in him and his abilities.

As a lot of people have said so far, there is such a little chance that I will be anything but excited with whoever we hire. The names we are interviewing so far are all names that I can get excited about and give me hope for the future.

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

We can’t bring him in as a OC when he’s under contract as OC, he can only come to us with a promotion & that’s either him as a HC or OC/assistant HC 

McVay could release him from his contract as being a play-calling OC would be a promotion. Not sure that he would but never know. 

I'm definitely leaning more towards Wilks if he's able to bring DeFilippo as well, though if things go really well he could be gone (DeFilippo) in a year or two. While the Rams offense was awesome this year, I think our current personnel would fit more with what the Eagles have done in 2017.