Titans Head Coaching Search 2018

KingTitan

6 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Sean Ryan is a name I brought up a couple weeks back as Robiskie's replacement. I know some won't like hiring a guy without playcalling experience, but I have no problem with it.

I'd rather go with a new young guy then a old retread coordinator. 

Mush mouth from fat Albert ???

7 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I never looked at it like that, but that makes so much sense.

Here’s the thing we have to keep in mind, say we go defensive minded HC, ok cool now we have to get a good OC & if we get a good OC that means 1or 2 things going to happen we’ll have to get a good OC that’s kinda old & couldn’t make it as a HC, because if we get a young OC with no HC experience, he’s either going to sink or swim. Meaning if he sucks, boom Marcus development takes another step back then he has to learn another offense, if the coordinator has success we lose a OC next season because this is a QB driven league. Franchise are looking for young smart football minded coaches that players can relate to. So boom we need another OC & offense to learn. Marcus need stability, we get a Offensive mind Coach Marcus can build off the same system yr in yr out if we’re successful 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Here’s the thing we have to keep in mind, say we go defensive minded HC, ok cool now we have to get a good OC & if we get a good OC that means 1or 2 things going to happen we’ll have to get a good OC that’s kinda old & couldn’t make it as a HC, because if we get a young OC with no HC experience, he’s either going to sink or swim. Meaning if he sucks, boom Marcus development takes another step back then he has to learn another offense, if the coordinator has success we lose a OC next season because this is a QB driven league. Franchise are looking for young smart football minded coaches that players can relate to. So boom we need another OC & offense to learn. Marcus need stability, we get a Offensive mind Coach Marcus can build off the same system yr in yr out if we’re successful 

Makes sense to. I honestly wouldn’t be upset with any of the candidates we are interviewing. Wilks and LaFleur are my top choices right now 

Last super bowl winning super bowl coaches since 2000

1. Bill Belichick (5 times)
  2. Pete Carroll
  3. Tom Coughlin (2 times)
  4. John Harbaugh
  5. Mike Tomlin
  6. Mike McCarthy
  7. Sean Payton
  8. Bill Cowher
  9. Tony Dungy
  10. Jon Gruden
  11. Brian Billick
  12.  Vermeil
  13. Gary Kubiak

6 of the 13 were defensive coaches (Non-offense with Harbaugh). And Gruden, Billick and Kubiak won because of their defenses. 

I like my odds with a defensive coach. It is no given, but I'm starting to get the feeling a defensive coach adapts better. 

13 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Last super bowl winning super bowl coaches since 2000

1. Bill Belichick (5 times)
  2. Pete Carroll
  3. Tom Coughlin (2 times)
  4. John Harbaugh
  5. Mike Tomlin
  6. Mike McCarthy
  7. Sean Payton
  8. Bill Cowher
  9. Tony Dungy
  10. Jon Gruden
  11. Brian Billick
  12.  Vermeil
  13. Gary Kubiak

6 of the 13 were defensive coaches (Non-offense with Harbaugh). And Gruden, Billick and Kubiak won because of their defenses. 

I like my odds with a defensive coach. It is no given, but I'm starting to get the feeling a defensive coach adapts better. 

Just now, TitanRedd said:

There is no guarantee that an offensive coach is going to do any better than a good OC.
i hear what you saying and I know you want McDaniels, but all accounts he is in Indy.  So you are going to get an unproven Offensive minded coach most likely.  A guy that has never been an HC and is going to try to balance being the playcaller on top of that. 

There is no sure thing either way we go. I'm not against an Offensive guy. I want the best guy. If you hire a defensive guy that knows what it takes to win, it won't matter who leaves. Teams we are trying to get to, have no problem having their OC's leave. Patriots and Steelers. They replace guys all the time and keep rolling. Because they have a HC that knows how to pick the right OC's and right approach.

I want the right guy. I don't care what side of the ball that comes from. But out of the choices, I'm wanting the defensive guys.

9 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I want a defensive minded coach but right now we have to get it right wit Marcus 1st, he’s heading into year 4 learning a 3rd offense. 

Yeah. It has to be a match. He doesn't need a football genius. He needs a coach that knows how to match his scheme with Marcus and use all the players. I wouldn't say the Texans have the best football offensive guys, but they know to target Hopkins 10 plus times a game. While we over here throwing the ball to Corey Davis 2-3 times. 

We just need a guy not stubborn and we should see an improvement. lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I’m off McDaniels I know he’s gone, I just want your opinion, me you have battles on here but you always make good strong points though I’ll debate wit you cause I hate losing, but you be dead on most times ??

Good battles. Reasons we come here. :)
I do fear getting a young guy then losing him, but if we lose him in one year, that means we did something extremely right. I think the long play is getting the right guy that can get the right people. 
Whiz brought his system in here and it pretty much cost us 5 years.. he was wrong person. 

I'm trusting Robinson to get the right guy.

17 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Good battles. Reasons we come here. :)
I do fear getting a young guy then losing him, but if we lose him in one year, that means we did something extremely right. I think the long play is getting the right guy that can get the right people. 
Whiz brought his system in here and it pretty much cost us 5 years.. he was wrong person. 

I'm trusting Robinson to get the right guy.

To be honest I liked whiz system, it just demanded too much from a rookie QB with no Oline or run game or consistent perimeter weapons. Every where whiz been at QBs have excelled in his offense he’s just not HC material 

It'd suck to lose our OC but if it were to happen that means 2 things more than likely happen. 1)We had a successful season as a team and 2)Marcus had a very good season.

If you look at the recent successful, next big thing OCs that became head coaches you'll find the team and QB success as a common theme. Here's the quick list some of the recent ones last year as coordinator...

Matt Nagy (KC)-10-6 record/Alex Smith-67% comp, 4042 yards, 26 TDs, 5 INTs

Kyle Shanahan(ATL)-11-5 record/Matt Ryan-70% comp, 4944 yards, 38 TDs, 7 INTs

Sean McVay(WAS)-8-7-1 record/Kirk Cousins-67% comp, 4917 yards, 25 TDs, 12 INTs

Hue Jackson(CIN)-12-4 record/Andy Dalton/AJ McCarron-66% comp, 4104 yarda, 31 TDs, 9 INTs

Adam Gase(CHI)-6-10 record/Jay Cutler-64% comp, 3659 yards, 21 TDs, 11 INTs

I could keep going but I think everyone gets it at this point. It's not ideal losing a OC early but if it means a big year for the team and Mariota and the offense, I think we'd all take that. So if Vrabel or Wilks (or any defensive coach) means getting Flip or LaFleur (or any young innovative OC) but losing them in a year or 2 after a successful season, that's a risk I'm personally willing to take.

Also there's no guarantee that the OC would leave after a year or 2 anyway. We're going on year 4 of Jim Bob Cooter in Detriot and Darrell Bevell (who was the young, hot start OC at one point) never got a HC gig after 7 years in Seattle.