Titans Head Coaching Search 2018

KingTitan

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

Right he’s a good coach & I’ll hire him but when it comes to get to the super bowl he always fall short. He should have 3 rings by now, in my opinion he just get out coached in late game situations, is all I’m saying. 

I'll agree to the fact that he gets in his own way a lot in big games and big situations. But the ring is the thing and Tomlin is constantly in the mix for one.

That said, I don't think he gets canned from Pitt. Wilks is still my guy.

8 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Neither had sustained success, so no, doesn't match my criteria.

How they didn’t sustain success they won a Super Bowl. Mike Tomlin I believe is 8-8 in the playoffs Brian Billick 5-3 Gruden 5-4  the difference is Tomlin has a HOF QB. He’s a good coach but to me Mike Tomlin is like Peyton Manning. Always big in the regular season but mediocre in the playoffs. Yes Manning is a HOF top 5 greatest QB of all time but he wasn’t as dominant in the post season. I’ll take him as a coach but what I’m saying is tomlin hasn’t shown me that he’s more so the reason for Pittsburg success. 

Edited by TitanRedd

Just now, TitanRedd said:

How they didn’t sustain success they won a Super Bowl. Mike Tomlin I believe is 8-8 in the playoffs bush bilkick 5-3 Gruden 5-4  the difference is Tomlin has a HOF QB. He’s a good coach but to me Mike Tomlin is like Peyton Manning. Always big in the regular season but mediocre in the playoffs. Yes Manning is a HOF top 5 greatest QB of all time but he wasn’t as dominant in the post season. I’ll take him as a coach but what I’m saying is tomlin hasn’t shown me that he’s more so the reason for Pittsburg success. 

Because winning a single superbowl doesn't mean you have sustained success? Brian Billick missed the playoffs more often than he made it and Gruden went 45-51 after the superbowl win. Neither is sustained success.

Belichick is fired without Brady, Tomlin is fired without Ben, Coughlin is fired sooner without Eli, Dungy is fired without Peyton, so on and so forth. A very successful coach without a franchise QB is probably the rarest thing in football.

A QB makes a world of difference. Jeff Fisher was a top 3/4 coach in the NFL when McNair was in his prime, now he's the laughing stock of the league. Belichick was fired from Cleveland and started 5-13 in New England(even with Drew Bledsoe at QB) before Tom Brady came in and saved his *** and now Belichick is considered by some to be the greatest coach ever(that's really Joe Gibbs, but that's a debate for another time).

Tomlin probably does have a couple more rings if he didn't have to face Tom Brady and Bill Belichick in the playoffs several times.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Because winning a single superbowl doesn't mean you have sustained success? Brian Billick missed the playoffs more often than he made it and Gruden went 45-51 after the superbowl win. Neither is sustained success.

Belichick is fired without Brady, Tomlin is fired without Ben, Coughlin is fired sooner without Eli, Dungy is fired without Peyton, so on and so forth. A very successful coach without a franchise QB is probably the rarest thing in football.

A QB makes a world of difference. Jeff Fisher was a top 3/4 coach in the NFL when McNair was in his prime, now he's the laughing stock of the league. Belichick was fired from Cleveland and started 5-13 in New England(even with Drew Bledsoe at QB) before Tom Brady came in and saved his *** and now Belichick is considered by some to be the greatest coach ever(that's really Joe Gibbs, but that's a debate for another time).

Tomlin probably does have a couple more rings if he didn't have to face Tom Brady and Bill Belichick in the playoffs several times.

Valid point. I think I’m too hard of a critic I guess, I honestly be looking at Tomlin like he’s an underachiever wit the talent he has, & I’m really waiting on this next coach to put knock hoodie off his thrown.

Fun fact, Tomlin has only coached against the Patriots once in the playoffs.

Having said that, if you look at the coaches outside of Belichick(and maybe Pete Carroll), you could make a case that all of them have underachieved. Mike McCarthy "only" has a 10-8 playoff record and 1 Super Bowl. Sean Payton "only" has a 7-5 playoff record and 1 Super Bowl.

We can only hope that our next coach has the success of these "underachievers".

Edited by TitanSlim
  • Like 1

Just now, TitanSlim said:

Fun fact, Tomlin has only coached against the Patriots once in the playoffs.

Having said that, if you look at the coaches outside of Belichick(and maybe Pete Carroll), you could make a case that all of them have underachieved. Mike McCarthy "only" has a 10-8 playoff record and 1 Super Bowl. Sean Payton "only" has a 7-5 playoff record and 1 Super Bowl.

Yes, the bigger issue being playoff seeding due to the Pats rather than facing them in the playoffs. They've played each other 7 times(6 in the regular season) and Pittsburgh has only won once.

But your 2nd statement is the biggest issue. People look at what McCarthy, TOmlin and Payton have done as "underachieving" as if there's a ton of other coaches out there winning multiple superbowls.

Only 3 coaches currently coaching even have multiple super bowl appearances. That's Belichick, Tomlin and Carroll. There isn't an active head coach with multiple super bowl wins other than Belichick.

Only 23 coaches in NFL history have multiple super bowl appearances. Only 13 have won more than 1 superbowl.

• Like 2

Honestly Im still feeling  Wilks but Im on board with pretty much anyone outside of Fisher (Not that I think hes in the race) and Jim (Big Al made his defense work. Without him I hated it.) 

EDIT

Why are we talking about Tomlin? He's not going anywhere boys. And hes MEH to me. Like his energy but hes shaky imo

Edited by VY-FTW
  • Like 2

Just now, KingTitan said:

Basically what the Patriots have done and are doing is beyond crazy. It's not even close to normal and a team shouldn't even have the expectation of reaching the level they have. 

Lol. 

Basically. 

Nonsense, all we have to do is find the greatest QB of all time and we can do the same.

Whoever we get in a new coach we need to find a guy who can give Casey some rest. We rely on that poor guy to do everything. I was responding to a guy in NFL gen who asked for snap counts/playing time on a few interior d-linemen and noticed Casey played the most snaps in the NFL last year among interior defensive lineman..and by a lot. He had 988 snaps. The next closest guy was Hicks in Chicago at 900. We played 1090 defensive snaps this year, so Casey was on the field for 90.64% of our defensive snaps.