Titans Head Coaching Search 2018

KingTitan

15 minutes ago, TheMonarch1110 said:

Another not too important thing to think of, at least from a fan/roster perspective, is what players they could bring with them that they are familiar with or that they have coached.

I don't know why that's important. It's not that likely any of them would be able to turn superstar talent our way. And I'd say "no, thanks" to getting those Harry Douglas, Brice McCain, Woods type of players (I actually liked Woods, FWIW), that would be familiar with their schemes, and would much rather draft talent or find the best players at the right value available on the market.

9 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

That would really disappoint me if I didn't trust JRob so much.

is 3 too few? what's the average? I just haven't read anything substantial about anyone other than Wilks, LeFleur and Vrabel regarding our interest. Stuff around Cooter/DeFilippo/Reich/Schwartz have more been as "potential" candidates.

The weather probably didn't help by having things pushed. We got those 3 guys today and tomorrow...I just don't see us picking the search back up with new guys next week. But I don't work in the NFL so who knows.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

is 3 too few? what's the average? I just haven't read anything substantial about anyone other than Wilks, LeFleur and Vrabel regarding our interest. Stuff around Cooter/DeFilippo/Reich/Schwartz have more been as "potential" candidates.

The weather probably didn't help by having things pushed. We got those 3 guys today and tomorrow...I just don't see us picking the search back up with new guys next week. But I don't work in the NFL so who knows.

Don't have any good data on that, but seems like it is normally around double that.

And yeah, I agree, there definitely hasn't been anything significant rumored about any other candidates. Wonder if we have our eyes on some candidates that are still in the playoffs.

Edited by TwoToneBlue

11 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Must be tomorrow and PK said Vrabel is tomorrow as well with LaFleur on Friday. Still would like DeFilippo and Toub to get an interview. Toub must not want to be a HC though or no one is interested.

Toub's deal is very interesting. It seems like he has been one of the hotter names in the last few years but hasn't seemed to get close to a job. Very curious whether its his decision or he didn't interview well when given a chance and teams have now backed off.

9 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I have a feeling that Vrabel, Wilks and LeFleur are the only three we interview

There’s no rush, unless they really want Wilks and need to beat AZ to the lunch. I imagine J-Rob will be pretty thorough - “exhaustive” in his own words - and interview at least five. Probably a couple out of Flip, Jim Bob, Reich, Toub, George Edwards and maybe some wildcard nobody else is talking about. 

Obviously watching how good the Vikings D has been this past 4 years, Edwards is intriguing. Seems like a smart guy (played at Duke). Big question would be who is his staff? QB coach in Minnesota - Kevin Stefanski - looks like he’s on track to be an OC and could be an option, but not sure of his style. Obviously he’s done a good job this year, and has coached other position groups there as well.

35 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

I don't know why that's important. It's not that likely any of them would be able to turn superstar talent our way. And I'd say "no, thanks" to getting those Harry Douglas, Brice McCain, Woods type of players (I actually liked Woods, FWIW), that would be familiar with their schemes, and would much rather draft talent or find the best players at the right value available on the market.

Lets say Wilks is the coach. Star is set to be a FA. Would that then help lure him here if he was a target? People have also brought up McDaniels and Dion Lewis. It's just little things that could have an impact.

3 minutes ago, TheMonarch1110 said:

Lets say Wilks is the coach. Star is set to be a FA. Would that then help lure him here if he was a target? People have also brought up McDaniels and Dion Lewis. It's just little things that could have an impact.

I could see this. Literally nothing with Vrabel though. Sammy with LaFleur but I don’t see Sammy leaving a place he finally found stability with. Rams do have some decisions to make though with Johnson, Watkins, Donald getting a huge deal, etc. Luckily for them, they have a good amount of cap room.

I don't see it but I'd be disappointed if Robinson only interviews Wilks, Vrabel and LaFleur.

You can't talk about during a thorough coaching search and only interview 3 guys. Especially if getting the most out of our offensive talents is one of the top priorities and you only interview 1 offensive coach. 

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

I don't see it but I'd be disappointed if Robinson only interviews Wilks, Vrabel and LaFleur.

You can't talk about during a thorough coaching search and only interview 3 guys. Especially if getting the most out of our offensive talents is one of the top priorities and you only interview 1 offensive coach. 

The only thing I could see keeping us from interviewing more than 3 guys is that they really like Wilks and they feel like they need to get him while they can before another team interviews/has a chance to hire him before we do.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tntitans4life17 said:

The only thing I could see keeping us from interviewing more than 3 guys is that they really like Wilks and they feel like they need to get him while they can before another team interviews/has a chance to hire him before we do.

Who though? Indy and Detroit jobs already seem filled. NY interviewed him and still haven’t made a decision so he must not have wow’d them. Not sure if he interviewed with Arizona but if they wanted to, he would’ve been interviewed him already. Same with Vrabel. He interviewed with Indy and Detroit and they went in another direction. I don’t think we have to worry about beating another team for guys like Vrabel and Wilks. Don’t think LaFleur has gotten interest from anyone else.

5 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Who though? Indy and Detroit jobs already seem filled. NY interviewed him and still haven’t made a decision so he must not have wow’d them. Not sure if he interviewed with Arizona but if they wanted to, he would’ve been interviewed him already. Same with Vrabel. He interviewed with Indy and Detroit and they went in another direction. I don’t think we have to worry about beating another team for guys like Vrabel and Wilks. Don’t think LaFleur has gotten interest from anyone else.

He already interviewed with Ari and is scheduled for a 2nd interview with them