Titans Head Coaching Search 2018

KingTitan

10 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

If he comes aboard with Flip/LaFleur and Richard, I wouldn't hate it... But yeah, he's probably at the bottom of my list of guys who have been at least linked to us by the media.

I dont think so... I think they'd like to keep him aboard if possible, but if a guy like Wilks or Schwartz are the guy, they'll probably want to go to the 4-3 full time

No... We actually want him to continue being rational! Thats been one of the most refreshing things so far this week.

??‍♂️ When I say not rational I mean for ex firing mularkey, now from the outside looking in some people feel you don’t fire a coach that’s put together back to back winning season & has taken his team to the playoffs but he did anyway cause it made sense 

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

Schwartz would be the one name that would really, really disappoint me 

zero reason that that clown deserves another HC job before any of our apparent top three

hard agree. really looking for someone with new ideas

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Schwartz would be the one name that would really, really disappoint me 

zero reason that that clown deserves another HC job before any of our apparent top three

But think of all the possible "Spaceballs" jokes we could make!

• Like 1

I've been scouring the net trying to find OC connections for Vrabel. I don't see an obvious person that is currently on a NFL staff. Nobody that would be like....'yeah" that's it. Part of me thinks he might have a college coach in mind.

Someone from maybe the Oklahoma Staff?  I heard Greg Cosell talk about how surprised he was to see so many pro concepts in their offense. And Baker Mayfield led the country in Passer Efficiency, something we want from Marcus (Become a more efficient passer).

Other programs that he could dip from (if he got the job):
Memphis
Ohio State
Nebraska (used to be UCF's staff)
Oklahoma State
Georgia
Penn State

17 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I've been scouring the net trying to find OC connections for Vrabel. I don't see an obvious person that is currently on a NFL staff. Nobody that would be like....'yeah" that's it. Part of me thinks he might have a college coach in mind.

Someone from maybe the Oklahoma Staff?  I heard Greg Cosell talk about how surprised he was to see so many pro concepts in their offense. And Baker Mayfield led the country in Passer Efficiency, something we want from Marcus (Become a more efficient passer).

Other programs that he could dip from (if he got the job):
Memphis
Ohio State
Nebraska (used to be UCF's staff)
Oklahoma State
Georgia
Penn State

I was thinking maybe he could snag Ryan Day from OSU(I think you may have mentioned him a few days ago). Co-Offensive coordinator who was the QB coach under Chip Kelly in Philly and San Fran.

I actually think more guys need to look at the college level for coordinators.

Edited by TitanSlim

18 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I was thinking maybe he could snag Ryan Day from OSU(I think you may have mentioned him a few days ago). Co-Offensive coordinator who was the QB coach under Chip Kelly in Philly and San Fran.

I actually think more guys need to look at the college level for coordinators.

Yeah, I looked it up and they never crossed paths. Vrabel was gone, because that was before Urban Meyer.  Maybe they will just share the Ohio State bond, but he wasnt on the staff with him.

I'm also looking at college programs that have a history of running pro style offenses.  Duke is a program that tends to get the most out of their QBs.  They have an OC/QB coach Zac Roper. He is a TN native too. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah, I looked it up and they never crossed paths. Vrabel was gone, because that was before Urban Meyer.  Maybe they will just share the Ohio State bond, but he wasnt on the staff with him.

I'm also looking at college programs that have a history of running pro style offenses.  Duke is a program that tends to get the most out of their QBs.  They have an OC/QB coach Zac Roper. He is a TN native too. 

Duke gets a lot out of their QBs because of David Cutcliffe, maybe the greatest offensive mind in college football's history. Almost certainly the greatest QB coach in college history.

6 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Duke gets a lot out of their QBs because of David Cutcliffe, maybe the greatest offensive mind in college football's history. Almost certainly the greatest QB coach in college history.

And I take that back. He was on the same staff with Urban Meyer.  Was looking at just his LB coach days.  

Yeah Cutcliffe is underrated to me. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I really think Vrabel is going to be the guy. 

I was reading an article and it was talking about Gary Kubiak would be interested in becoming an OC. Didn't like the stress of HC, but OC maybe... Anyone thoughts on that?

Kubiak made Joe Flacco and Jake Plummer look like good QBs, so I'd be all for it. Employs a lot of play action and a lot of roll outs, though he can get a bit cute at times(not nearly to the level of Mularkey/Robiskie, but it still exists).

Kubiak's offense uses zone blocking though(He's a Mike Shanahan disciple after all) so that'd be interesting to see how we'd handle the o-line in that case.

That being said Kubiak is a senior advisor for Denver now so not sure if he wants to leave the comfort/mostly stress free life for coaching again, given his seemingly pretty serious health issues.

So I was on a Panthers forum to see their thoughts on Wilks. One of the posters put potential candidates they could see him targeting for his staff. Thought I'd post it here.

OC-DeFilippo(Rob Chudzinski if DeFilippo doesn't join him)

QB-Wade Wilson (Potentially Chudzinski if DeFilippo joins him)

RB-???

WR-???

TE-Potentially Chudzinski if DeFilippo joins

OL-???

DC-Panthers DL coach Eric Washington or their LB coach Al Holcomb (if they block him from bringing them on, he mentioned Bob Babich)

DL-???

LB-???

DB-Chris Harris, Rickey Manning or Gill Byrd 

SPT-Thomas McGaughey

He also hinted at maybe seeing if Peanut Tillman wants a spot on the coaching staff.

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

So I was on a Panthers forum to see their thoughts on Wilks. One of the posters put potential candidates they could see him targeting for his staff. Thought I'd post it here.

RB-???

WR-???

OL-???

DC-Panthers DL coach Eric Washington or their LB coach Al Holcomb (if they block him from bringing them on, he mentioned Bob Babich)

DL-???

LB-???

SPT-Thomas McGaughey

He also hinted at maybe seeing if Peanut Tillman wants a spot on the coaching staff.

Wait a second we could get Deadpool with Wilks? Sign me up! 

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

RB-???

WR-???

OL-???

DL-???

LB-???

SPT-Thomas McGaughey

For DC I definitely don’t want Bob Babich, wasn’t he the Jaguars DC when they were absolutely terrible, like 2-3 years ago?

the other 2 names for DC seem interesting.

Rob Chudzinski would be interesting, he’s called some pretty decent offenses.

Found a little insight on Chud on a Falcons sight  when they thought they were getting a new OC.

Rob Chudzinski could be interesting, and under the radar after flaming out with the Cleveland Browns way back in 2013. He was brought on to fix Andrew Luck in Indianapolis, and Luck had his best year with Chudzinski as associate head coach. He was moved to offensive coordinator, and Luck hasn’t been healthy since. He used some similar blocking at times, manufactures production from the tight end spot, and focuses on aggressive, chunk plays. He’s been in the NFL since 2004.

Here’s what James Dator had to say about Chudzinski’s time as the Carolina Panthersoffensive coordinator:

Rob Chudzinski is an offensive genius. I don't throw around that lightly. However, there were far too many times he fell in love with his scheme to the point he crossed into mad scientist territory.