Titans Head Coaching Search 2018

KingTitan

I wonder if Wilks being the 2nd interview in the day yesterday was at any disadvantage to him? I know in the past I've heard about these head coaching interviews going anywhere from 2-3 hours in length, so I could see a scenario where Jon and the crew were drained from the Vrabel interview. All just speculation on my part, but I don't think Wilks getting the 2nd interview of the day was necessarily ideal for his prospects of landing the job.

2 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I wonder if Wilks being the 2nd interview in the day yesterday was at any disadvantage to him? I know in the past I've heard about these head coaching interviews going anywhere from 2-3 hours in length, so I could see a scenario where Jon and the crew were drained from the Vrabel interview. All just speculation on my part, but I don't think Wilks getting the 2nd interview of the day was necessarily ideal for his prospects of landing the job.

I also wonder how much he was invested. Wanting to make sure he wasn't just an interview to comply with the Rooney Rule.  Maybe he feels good about Arizona too? But wasn't a bad interview from the sound of it. Just a slight difference compared to Vrabel and when you have two good guys that are equal any slight difference could make or break.

6 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I'm kind of hoping for a first-time OC. As weird as it sounds, I don't really want much to go off of as I make my assumptions/expectations for this upcoming season lol

LaFleur is the guy I really want for OC. I was on him as wanting him as HC and while I wouldn't be upset with him being the HC, the more I think about it the more a guy like Vrabel or Wilks makes sense for HC. But getting LaFleur as OC would be just as good to me. Get a guy who has been with the best young offensive minds in the game and been around QBs who have all had excellent seasons when he was the QB coach/OC and I think the sky would be the limit for our offense.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

Bro... if all they could handle was one 2-3 hour session, they would not be in the position they are now.  I'm a lowly manager nowhere near JRob's level... but I have weeks where it's nothing but meetings, discovery sessions, demos, etc... 7:30-6... for 2 weeks.  

2 interviews in 1 day ain't no thing for them.  If anything, Vrabel might have been at a disadvantage since he had to be done at a certain time since Wilks was coming up behind him... no chance to extend it if it was going well... 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Bro... if all they could handle was one 2-3 hour session, they would not be in the position they are now.  I'm a lowly manager nowhere near JRob's level... but I have weeks where it's nothing but meetings, discovery sessions, demos, etc... 7:30-6... for 2 weeks.  

2 interviews in 1 day ain't no thing for them.  If anything, Vrabel might have been at a disadvantage since he had to be done at a certain time since Wilks was coming up behind him... no chance to extend it if it was going well... 

I hear ya. I've conducted multiple interviews in a day for my job as well, but they were mostly 30-45 minutes at most finding out about a candidate, and if they fit the organization. They're definitely doable and no big deal most of the time, but I feel like the stakes are raised a bit when you're hiring for a top position in your multi billion dollar organization. The interviews for head coaches are usually incredibly long and taxing from everything I've ever read, so I'm just saying I don't think it was an ideal set up for Wilks or JR to have two in one day.  I tend to think JR would prefer for a major decision like this to have one guy in a day and then spend the time after that discussing how the interview went with his group of AAS and whoever else is in the room just to have a central focus on one candidate.  Then again maybe it was good, because it was easier for JR to weigh the pros and cons of both guys since they were both fresh in his mind.  Not a huge deal just something I noticed and wondered if it might play a factor.

1 hour ago, tntitans4life17 said:

LaFleur is the guy I really want for OC. I was on him as wanting him as HC and while I wouldn't be upset with him being the HC, the more I think about it the more a guy like Vrabel or Wilks makes sense for HC. But getting LaFleur as OC would be just as good to me. Get a guy who has been with the best young offensive minds in the game and been around QBs who have all had excellent seasons when he was the QB coach/OC and I think the sky would be the limit for our offense.

McVay would have to release him for that wouldn't he? 

56 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I don't think Vrabel actually pins us to stay with the 3-4. He has a lot of experience in both the 4-3 and 3-4 and I would think our base package comes down to who he eyes as a DC. I would expect some type of hybrid defense.

Which is what we run now a hybrid defense ??‍♂️ This is what I’ve been saying why switch to a 4-3 our defense is better when you can disguise things an attack from different looks