AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME: Jacksonville Jaguars #3 @ New England Patriots #1: Bortles vs. Brady

.Buzz

6 hours ago, iPwn said:

You’re not wrong.

My point was that people keep pointing to how the Steelers hung 42 on our defense and not recognizing that 7 was garbage time as the clock hit :01, 14 was a biproduct of the best receiver in football making insane plays against perfect coverage, another 7 was on a 4th down prayer that a receiver slipped past the coverage, and another 7 was due to the best receiving back making a play on pretty much perfect coverage.

28 of those points scored were fluke points. Not in the sense that the Steelers were lucky to score them (the final 7 they were), but that in 95% of situations, a player cannot make those plays against the coverage they saw. AB is an elite player that does things no one else can. The same for Bell. The Patriots do not have those players. They have players that can do things and win matchups and score points, but pointing to the Steelers game as an example of what the Patriots would be capable of doing is just missing the point of how the Steelers found their success.

The 49ers or Rams games are a much better representation of what the Patriots could do on offense against us than the Steelers game was. 

Yeah, absolutely.  And that's what worries me a little bit.  Those are the sort of deceptive, sophisticated offensive schemes that have given us a bit of trouble at times this year.

But it is a very different animal, compared to what the Steelers did.

I spoke with some younger New England fans today and they pretty much guaranteed New England was going to win the Superbowl. They said Tom is going to make our defense look silly and Amendola, White, and Gronk are going to have a field day. 

On 1/16/2018 at 1:49 PM, DuvalsKing said:

The Jags are suppose to lose so what happens if they win.. Pats fans gotta live with the GOAT being beat by Bortles.. I'm sure Jags fans can live with being beat by the GOAT. But can the Pats fans handle being beat by Blake Bortles? That would be the bigger question.

No.. Not the fair weather or cocky generation of fans. The Patriots fans that endured the losing and watched the Kraft family build from the ground up, they'll be fine because they have seen things through from the bottom, but there will be a ton of broken hearts. 

On 1/16/2018 at 5:21 PM, VegasOdds101 said:

Who would you rather have?  I don't mean for your fantasy team for your Jags?

Antonio Brown. Take this to the comparison thread and see who wins. Put up a pole. I might do it for you. 

10 hours ago, Jags said:

No.. Not the fair weather or cocky generation of fans. The Patriots fans that endured the losing and watched the Kraft family build from the ground up, they'll be fine because they have seen things through from the bottom, but there will be a ton of broken hearts. 

Yeah because Sanchez was so much better. Pats fans who claim this team is guaranteed to win are delusional. I expect a very good team and if the Pats lose I'll be sad but not broken hearted. Anyone who thinks this game is a lock is crazy.

On 16/01/2018 at 6:17 AM, .Buzz said:

OL as well.

Cam Robinson has all the makings of a franchise LT. Omameh/Cann could be upgraded upon/bring in draft picks to push them and take over if things go poorly.

Gotta say, Cann has had his faults but he's really come on lately. Been pretty impressed. Omameh just bullied whoever they put across from him against PIT as well. Very impressed with this unit this year. Obviously need to improve the depth and maybe upgrade a spot here or there/get a successor for Parnell, but I really am not very worried about this unit right now looking at next year.

Id like a lot Braden Smith. I think the RG spot is probably the weakest link of that line. And at the bottom of the 1st he'd have fair value to me.

7 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

What do you guys think the plan actually is for Gronk?

Let him play :)

I mean who can stop Gronk ? So please let Ramsey/Bouye on the WRs, let Telvin and Jack react to those screens passes for Dion Lewis or White. Gronk will score so get your D ready for every other Pats' options on their offense, like sometimes you "let" the star of the opposite team score 25+ points but lock his teammates in a basketball game.

1 hour ago, zappa13004 said:

Id like a lot Braden Smith. I think the RG spot is probably the weakest link of that line. And at the bottom of the 1st he'd have fair value to me.

Cann has been solid overalI. I definitely wouldn't be opposed though.

Archived