Nacho Simulation Football League (S15 - Taco Bowl XV POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

55 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I’d actually really like to see someone do an update through the season. 

I would do it but I am swamped at work until the 17th, and I had certain people complain about how I ranked my team. 

Could probably do one tonight

Standings

Cheesy Conference

Red Division

1. Rio de Janeiro Pirates (7-5) 3-1 10-6, Div winner
  2. South Africa Woolly Mammoths (7-5) 2-2 9-7 misses wildcard.

Blue Division

1. Chicago Bullets (9-3) 4-0 13-3 #1 seed
  2. Melbourne Uni Royals (8-4) 2-2 10-6 wildcard 
  3. Tacoma Thunder (7-5) 3-1 10-6 wildcard.

Salsa Conference

Green Division

1. Scranton Papermakers (10-2) 4-0, 14-2 #1 seed
  2. Iowa Jagwads (8-4) 3-1, 11-5, Wildcard.

Yellow Division

1. Motor City Machine Gunners (8-4) 3-1 11-5
  2. Egypt Starfalls (7-5) 3-1, 10-6 juat misses playoffs 
  3. Indianapolis Predators (7-5) 4-0, 11-5 either division winner or wildcard don't know the tie break.

19 minutes ago, khodder said:

Standings

Cheesy Conference

Red Division

Blue Division

1. Chicago Bullets (9-3) 4-0 13-3 #1 seed
  2. Melbourne Uni Royals (8-4) 2-2 10-6 wildcard 
  3. Tacoma Thunder (7-5) 3-1 10-6 wildcard.

Salsa Conference

Green Division

1. Scranton Papermakers (10-2) 4-0, 14-2 #1 seed
  2. Iowa Jagwads (8-4) 3-1, 11-5, Wildcard.

Yellow Division

1. Motor City Machine Gunners (8-4) 3-1 11-5
  2. Egypt Starfalls (7-5) 3-1, 10-6 juat misses playoffs 
  3. Indianapolis Predators (7-5) 4-0, 11-5 either division winner or wildcard don't know the tie break.

That would be tight. 

29 minutes ago, khodder said:

Standings

Cheesy Conference

Red Division

Well I spotted someone with more faith in my team than I currently have xD
But I'd love this outcome for certain B|

15 minutes ago, steelcurtain29 said:

7 of my 9 losses are by one score or less and no matter who I chose for my OL and RB; they suck.

I hate this game.

Aaron Jones (GB), Tevin Coleman (ATL)

I'm not going to touch on the offensive line, don't really want to type out the breakdown on that.

But did you really think in a league where players are (for the most part) rated off the past 3 NFL seasons, a guy who is coming off his rookie season after being a 5th round pick and accumulating less than 450 rushing yards is somehow going to be good against defenses that are more condensed in talent compared to the NFL (20 teams vs 32 teams)? Really bro?

Coleman in theory should be a decent enough #2 who gets between 25-20% of the touches, not the focal point.

With all due respect, you trot out arguably the worst starting running back duo in the league, don't exactly have a stellar offensive line to compensate, then complain that they aren't good? 

As was once said,
tenor.gif?itemid=4393007

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Aaron Jones (GB), Tevin Coleman (ATL)

I'm not going to touch on the offensive line, don't really want to type out the breakdown on that.

But did you really think in a league where players are (for the most part) rated off the past 3 NFL seasons, a guy who is coming off his rookie season after being a 5th round pick and accumulating less than 450 rushing yards is somehow going to be good against defenses that are more condensed in talent compared to the NFL (20 teams vs 32 teams)? Really bro?

Coleman in theory should be a decent enough #2 who gets between 25-20% of the touches, not the focal point.

With all due respect, you trot out arguably the worst starting running back duo in the league, don't exactly have a stellar offensive line to compensate, then complain that they aren't good? 

As was once said,
tenor.gif?itemid=4393007

I had Murray after he had two great NFL seasons and he didn't do much either, from what I remember.

Just now, steelcurtain29 said:

I had Murray after he had two great NFL seasons and he didn't do much either, from what I remember.

Did you fiddle with sliders for your team at the time to get his maximum potential? Or did you pull a Titans Ken Whisenhunt and refused to adjust your system (aka sliders) to suit the talent?

My team lost 4 straight at one point this season to drop me to 4-5. Since then we've managed to roll out a 3 game win streak. It took a while to figure out some form of sliders that seemed to work for my team, but based on their performance against Iowa (at least until the 4th quarter), it seems to be working for now.

If something isn't working man, try to tweak your sliders. 
Coaching Strategy - Run Chance: 40, RB1 Chance: 80, Field Goal Try: 35, Offensive Ag: 50, Defensive Ag: 50, Run D Priority: 50

Those are your current sliders.

Coaching Strategy - Run Chance: 40, RB1 Chance: 80, Field Goal Try: 35, Offensive Ag: 50, Defensive Ag: 50, Run D Priority: 50

This next set of sliders is the sliders your team finished with last season.

Notice something? They are the exact same thing. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Clearly what you have in place isn't working; maybe it isn't the game you should be hating but the clear lack of any sort of scheme/slider adjustment.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Did you fiddle with sliders for your team at the time to get his maximum potential? Or did you pull a Titans Ken Whisenhunt and refused to adjust your system (aka sliders) to suit the talent?

My team lost 4 straight at one point this season to drop me to 4-5. Since then we've managed to roll out a 3 game win streak. It took a while to figure out some form of sliders that seemed to work for my team, but based on their performance against Iowa (at least until the 4th quarter), it seems to be working for now.

If something isn't working man, try to tweak your sliders. 

Those are your current sliders.

This next set of sliders is the sliders your team finished with last season.

Notice something? They are the exact same thing. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Clearly what you have in place isn't working; maybe it isn't the game you should be hating but the clear lack of any sort of scheme/slider adjustment.

Are they also not the default sliders??  They're dangerously close.