Nacho Simulation Football League (S15 - Taco Bowl XV POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

5 hours ago, khodder said:

Are they also not the default sliders??  They're dangerously close.

Season 15 (Current) 3-9
Coaching Strategy - Run Chance: 40, RB1 Chance: 80, Field Goal Try: 35, Offensive Ag: 50, Defensive Ag: 50, Run D Priority: 50

Season 14 (End of Season) 6-10
Coaching Strategy - Run Chance: 40, RB1 Chance: 80, Field Goal Try: 35, Offensive Ag: 50, Defensive Ag: 50, Run D Priority: 50

Season 13 (End of Season) 7-9

Season 12 (End of Season) 3-13

Season 11 (End of Season) 9-7
Coaching Strategy - Run Chance: 46, RB1 Chance: 65, Field Goal Try: 35, Offensive Ag: 50, Defensive Ag: 50, Run D Priority: 50

Not sure about default sliders, but man... When you run the same set of sliders for going on 4 seasons (since 2016!) and have had no winning records since making that change...

8 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Season 15 (Current) 3-9

Season 14 (End of Season) 6-10

Season 13 (End of Season) 7-9

Season 12 (End of Season) 3-13

Season 11 (End of Season) 9-7
Coaching Strategy - Run Chance: 46, RB1 Chance: 65, Field Goal Try: 35, Offensive Ag: 50, Defensive Ag: 50, Run D Priority: 50

Not sure about default sliders, but man... When you run the same set of sliders for going on 4 seasons (since 2016!) and have had no winning records since making that change...

Since were fixing owners problems for them...Care to tell me how I can get some wins?

20 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Since were fixing owners problems for them...Care to tell me how I can get some wins?

But for real tho, just gotta fiddle with your sliders to see what is working and what's not working. Sometimes RNG will just grace you and sometimes it'll curse you. I know some owners adjust sliders to each matchup individually; I'm more in the group that tries to figure out what has success for my team specifically and roll with that, tweaking where necessary. I had that losing streak where I tried multiple different things and it just wasn't working, had to really scale back on some aggressiveness and it's paid off. I typically try and see how a slider set works over the course of 2-3 weeks (with only minor tweaks from week to week) before making bigger adjustments and re-evaluating.

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:
3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Draft better players :P

This would be a good start. Feel like my stats across the board are good though...I'm just losing in horrible fashion hahaha

Sometimes that's just how the cookie crumbles man. I can say though that over my tenure in the league, I feel each season my team's 'ideal' sliders are always distinct from seasons prior, even when I have the same 'core' of players at Quarterback, running back, wide receiver, etc. I've had Cam Newton, Philip Rivers, and Derek Carr, and I've had to adjust the sliders throughout the seasons in hopes that by the time the final quarter of the season rolls around, my team has found as close to a 'best fit' as possible and geared up to make a playoff push.

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

Yeah, I had my sliders set the same when I went on that nice win streak but good lord I got smacked by a bad (no offense) Ravens team. Only reason I was in the game was lucky RNG where I got back to back turnovers and scored TDs on them.

I try not to let one game (whether good or bad) impact how much I tweak some sliders. Minor adjustments sure, but radical changes happen when it is an issue over the course of 2-3 weeks. Obviously not ideal to go into a slump that long before having to adjust, but it's a challenge to not let one anomaly influence the entire scheme.

Now I'm curious to see how my team's sliders differed from season to season. I'll have to go back and take a look later today.

Season 15 (Current) 7-5
Coaching Strategy - Run Chance: 40, RB1 Chance: 78, Field Goal Try: 38, Offensive Ag: 62, Defensive Ag: 51, Run D Priority: 40

Season 14 (End of Season) 9-7
Coaching Strategy - Run Chance: 39, RB1 Chance: 76, Field Goal Try: 38, Offensive Ag: 61, Defensive Ag: 64, Run D Priority: 41

Season 13 (End of Season) 10-6
Coaching Strategy - Run Chance: 44, RB1 Chance: 76, Field Goal Try: 38, Offensive Ag: 64, Defensive Ag: 61, Run D Priority: 41

Season 12 (End of Season) 13-3* (Carr's first full season as starter)
Coaching Strategy - Run Chance: 52, RB1 Chance: 78, Field Goal Try: 37, Offensive Ag: 64, Defensive Ag: 60, Run D Priority: 52

Season 11 (End of Season) 6-10 (Jay Cutler & Derek Carr)
Coaching Strategy - Run Chance: 52, RB1 Chance: 78, Field Goal Try: 38, Offensive Ag: 65, Defensive Ag: 60, Run D Priority: 59

Season 10 (End of Season) 10-6 (Philip Rivers last season)
Coaching Strategy - Run Chance: 45, RB1 Chance: 80, Field Goal Try: 36, Offensive Ag: 65, Defensive Ag: 60, Run D Priority: 55

Season 9 (End of Season) 9-7
Coaching Strategy - Run Chance: 60, RB1 Chance: 74, Field Goal Try: 36, Offensive Ag: 65, Defensive Ag: 60, Run D Priority: 60

Season 8 (End of Season) 9-7 (Philip Rivers first season)
Coaching Strategy - Run Chance: 51, RB1 Chance: 75, Field Goal Try: 37, Offensive Ag: 60, Defensive Ag: 40, Run D Priority: 60

Season 7 (End of Season) 11-5 (Cam Newton last season)
Coaching Strategy - Run Chance: 56, RB1 Chance: 75, Field Goal Try: 38, Offensive Ag: 45, Defensive Ag: 60, Run D Priority: 46

Season 6 (End of Season) 11-5 (Championship)
Coaching Strategy - Run Chance: 65, RB1 Chance: 70, Field Goal Try: 38, Offensive Ag: 60, Defensive Ag: 40, Run D Priority: 60

Season 5 (End of Season) 10-6
Coaching Strategy - Run Chance: 65, RB1 Chance: 70, Field Goal Try: 36, Offensive Ag: 60, Defensive Ag: 40, Run D Priority: 60

Season 4 (End of Season) 11-5 (Championship; Cam Newton's first season)
Coaching Strategy - Run Chance: 60, RB1 Chance: 70, Field Goal Try: 37, Offensive Ag: 60, Defensive Ag: 70, Run D Priority: 60

Season 3 (End of Season) 10-4 (Joe Flacco)
Coaching Strategy - Run Chance: 60, RB1 Chance: 75, Field Goal Try: 32, Offensive Ag: 60, Defensive Ag: 70, Run D Priority: 60

Season 2 (End of Season) 8-6 (Matt Ryan)
Coaching Strategy - Run Chance: 60, RB1 Chance: 70, Field Goal Try: 37, Offensive Ag: 60, Defensive Ag: 65, Run D Priority: 65

Season 1 (End of Season) 7-7 (Eli Manning)
Coaching Strategy - Run Chance: 60, RB1 Chance: 65, Field Goal Try: 35, Offensive Ag: 55, Defensive Ag: 65, Run D Priority: 40

Got started with a few seasons, was a bit surprised at the consistency of my sliders so decided to see how all my seasons ended. I guess I really do have a tendency to follow a similar style system in place. Major adjustments would be the shift away from the run game once CJ2K fell off and acquiring a pocket passer in Philip Rivers. I do know that I pick up my sliders from how it ended the previous season, but these season-ending sliders don't really demonstrate all the tweaks that occur during a season, which could be anywhere from 4 to 8 probably. Most of them being minor adjustments, but sometimes I feel like a drastic change is necessary.

End of the day though, IMO it's important to find what works well for your team. Though I suppose with my poor playoff performance (being bounced out early) in recent years, I may have to re-evaluate my strategy.

Very likely that I trade Andrew Luck. Anyone interested?

Easily a NSFL Hall of Famer, just a question of whether he can bounce back and get his ratings back

And I need to make sure I lose these last 4 games

Edited by Tk3

12 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

End of the day though, IMO it's important to find what works well for your team.

Yup. I’ve been a part of building two completely different teams, and they required two completely different slider sets to make them work.

The Hyrule teams were successful because we had a really aggressive play style that matched Cam Newton playing alongside speed backs. It was an offense built to pass a lot, get Cam Newton running around and make big plays, and we catered to that with the sliders.

Chicago is finding success because Alex Smith plays much more lax and takes what the defense gives him. Lanard is just a smash mouth runner that doesn’t need to play aggressively either. I’m catering to that and finding success.

Different teams require different gameplans.

36 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Very likely that I trade Andrew Luck. Anyone interested?

Easily a NSFL Hall of Famer, just a question of whether he can bounce back and get his ratings back

And I need to make sure I lose these last 4 games

Ban him nacho 

• Like 3