Nacho Simulation Football League (S15 - Taco Bowl XV POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

17 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Hilton was almost my pick at 1.12. I had the post typed up and waiting. It was him or Weddle. Happy to get him after a trade back.

He should have been gone ahead of Adams and Alshon.. I was torn between him and Tyreek. 

Edited by El ramster

1 hour ago, ny92jefferis said:

What's the reason for not including a salary cap?

We don't draft players based on their salaries, just how well they played. Including a salary system would be incredibly tedious and would add an unstable element to the leauge considering if you have your core set of keepers and then one NFL team decides to give one of them 5 million a year more than anyone else for no reason.

I highly doubt Bucs would have been happy seeing the Jimmy G contract after trading for him prior to the signing. And I would have made off like a bandit not needing to move around 30 million a year and getting two high picks in return.

The tag system imo is the best way to do it, its not perfect. But allows you to keep around 6-7 players. And is far less hassle trying to micromanage everyone's pay/in contrast to their play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ny92jefferis said:

What's the reason for not including a salary cap?

Why does everyone (not just you) always want to over complicate a system that is tried and true?

There's a reason this is in it's 15th season and there's no reason to make any major changes. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Why does everyone (not just you) always want to over complicate a system that is tried and true?

There's a reason this is in it's 15th season and there's no reason to make any major changes. 

This is true. I'm all for innovation. But the core structure is why the league has survived as long as it has.

Just now, Remixxxxxxx said:

I'm not trying to over complicate it, just asking the question.  Was just trying to get a little history on the sim.  I guess I should of been more clear when I asked.  Was just seeing if this is the way it's always been or if a cap was ever used.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

I had them

1a. Tyreek

1b. Hilton

I'm shocked he fell to the second. He shouldn't have been the fifth WR taken. 

Jeffery I can understand, he's put up solid numbers and provides a team with a big body receiver. Adams is also nice, has been finding the endzone the last two years. Hilton's numbers have dipped, and he's an undersized receiver, so I can understand the preference of owners wanting those other two over him, and IMO Hill has more upside than Hilton. Sammy Watkins is the only one that really shocked me and that I can't really understand taking over Hilton beyond the athleticism and size. I think Hilton is moreso a product of not having another #1 on his team and having Luck throwing to him. Without Luck in 2017, his numbers dropped by 500 yards and only had 4 touchdowns.

Then again I've always been a bit critical of Hilton as a division rival, so I am probably harsh... though IMO on the flip side I feel Hopkins is a top 3 WR.

27 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

This is true. I'm all for innovation. But the core structure is why the league has survived as long as it has.

Yup. We've had changes over the years, 4-3 OLB and 3-4 DE keeper tag prices getting separated from all 'edge' positions was a big one that made a lot of sense IMO. The league expansion was good too in the long run, I feel.