Nacho Simulation Football League (S15 - Taco Bowl XV POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

5 minutes ago, Its A Sabotage said:

please place kamara as rb1 white reggie rb2 and myles at ilb

Not directed at you man.

But this is what I'm talking about by what I can provide.  If we all had individual workbooks that were linked to a master workbook that Nacho controlled.  I think I could make his job easier as well as saving yourself some time from having to post a request to alter your roster.  Obviously, it would need to be created so that you couldn't put whomever at positions and would need to be easily converted into a csv format, but I think it's doable.  

Someone also mentioned having a private big board, that was linked to the master draft board, so when the players are drafted they are automatically removed from your board.

I don't know crap about programming but I do know my way around excel.

18 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Jeffery I can understand, he's put up solid numbers and provides a team with a big body receiver. Adams is also nice, has been finding the endzone the last two years. Hilton's numbers have dipped, and he's an undersized receiver, so I can understand the preference of owners wanting those other two over him, and IMO Hill has more upside than Hilton. Sammy Watkins is the only one that really shocked me and that I can't really understand taking over Hilton beyond the athleticism and size. I think Hilton is moreso a product of not having another #1 on his team and having Luck throwing to him. Without Luck in 2017, his numbers dropped by 500 yards and only had 4 touchdowns.

Then again I've always been a bit critical of Hilton as a division rival, so I am probably harsh... though IMO on the flip side I feel Hopkins is a top 3 WR.

I think that his 2014-16 production in real life should have made him a top 5 WR, if you solely look at numbers. Instead, he’s produced like a top 15-20 guy for multiple seasons now, with like 4 different QBs throwing to him. So whatever our personal views of him aside, he’s been - in the sim - a back end #1/high end #2.

This year’s dip wasn’t just in raw numbers; his efficiency rate dropped too. Some of this a product of Brissett not being as pinpoint accurate as Luck, I’m sure. But at the same time, you gotta think that’s going to continue to eat into the production of a guy who has never produced the raw numbers he puts up in the NFL.

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

I think that his 2014-16 production in real life should have made him a top 5 WR, if you solely look at numbers. Instead, he’s produced like a top 15-20 guy for multiple seasons now, with like 4 different QBs throwing to him. So whatever our personal views of him aside, he’s been - in the sim - a back end #1/high end #2.

This year’s dip wasn’t just in raw numbers; his efficiency rate dropped too. Some of this a product of Brissett not being as pinpoint accurate as Luck, I’m sure. But at the same time, you gotta think that’s going to continue to eat into the production of a guy who has never produced the raw numbers he puts up in the NFL.

Gotta agree with you there. And a player's physical traits are factored into the sim engine as well, I can't recall the exact breakdown (@TheKillerNacho help!), but being 5'9" and 178 certainly doesn't help his case.

14 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

But this is what I'm talking about by what I can provide.  If we all had individual workbooks that were linked to a master workbook that Nacho controlled.  I think I could make his job easier as well as saving yourself some time from having to post a request to alter your roster.  Obviously, it would need to be created so that you couldn't put whomever at positions and would need to be easily converted into a csv format, but I think it's doable.  

Not coming at you or anything but I feel like you're coming in here trying to move mountains and such, but we already have a formula that's tried and true. I'm sure everyone appreciates all the work you put into this stuff but I find it completely unnecessary to be honest. I also think that if everyone is just updating a workbook I worry it will hinder the interaction between owners. That's one of the things I look forward too and I would hate to see that impacted - JMO, though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Gotta agree with you there. And a player's physical traits are factored into the sim engine as well, I can't recall the exact breakdown (@TheKillerNacho help!), but being 5'9" and 178 certainly doesn't help his case.

Only factored in as part of the initial rookie grade. For a veteran like Hilton, it does not.

23 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Not directed at you man.

Someone also mentioned having a private big board, that was linked to the master draft board, so when the players are drafted they are automatically removed from your board.

I don't know crap about programming but I do know my way around excel.

If you can put together a demo or something, I'll definitely take a long hard look at this.

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

All of that said, I have a hard time believing that he’s not one of the top 3 draft eligible receivers. The class is weak.

Horribly weak. Hill and Hilton are the only guys who you could possibly squeak by with at WR1. The entire class is WR2 and WR3 level, and honestly I only see 6-7 guys I'd be happy with as a WR2.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

If you can put together a demo or something, I'll definitely take a long hard look at this.

Cool...I figure you need it in csv format but could you provide me a layout, for example DE, Cameron, Jordan of how you need the information?  Do you use an identifier?

Just now, ny92jefferis said:

Cool...I figure you need it in csv format but could you provide me a layout, for example DE, Cameron, Jordan of how you need the information?  Do you use an identifier?

I actually have a script that can import teams in text format the exact way you see it on the OP.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Horribly weak. Hill and Hilton are the only guys who you could possibly squeak by with at WR1. The entire class is WR2 and WR3 level, and honestly I only see 6-7 guys I'd be happy with as a WR2.

I think Adams is right up there, too. I personally had Hilton #3 behind Hill and Adams.