2017 Conference Championships

Leader

Now im happy the Vikings beat the Saints.  Vikings fans will now have to suffer watching  the team that knocked them out of the SB see their city and beautiful new stadium get taken over by nasty Philly fans, the most obnoxious rowdy fan base in the NFL. Those same fans that threw beer cans at Vikings fans lol.

Yesterday makes me feel good for our future. The top 2 defenses in the NFL lost to elite level QB play (yes I know Foles isn't elite but he sure was yesterday.) 

I will still say if you could give me the 12th best defense and the #1 QB I'd take that any day over the 12th best QB and the #1 defense. Obviously your defense has to be way better than what Dom has given us the last few years, but I'm still taking Rodgers with an above average defense over building an elite defense sans Rodgers.

48 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yesterday makes me feel good for our future. The top 2 defenses in the NFL lost to elite level QB play (yes I know Foles isn't elite but he sure was yesterday.) 

I will still say if you could give me the 12th best defense and the #1 QB I'd take that any day over the 12th best QB and the #1 defense. Obviously your defense has to be way better than what Dom has given us the last few years, but I'm still taking Rodgers with an above average defense over building an elite defense sans Rodgers.

Hell, I'll take any halfway decent defense with Aaron Rodgers as our starting QB.  As long as Aaron Rodgers is our franchise QB and playing at a high level, we're a contender.

1 hour ago, St Vince said:

Now im happy the Vikings beat the Saints.  Vikings fans will now have to suffer watching  the team that knocked them out of the SB see their city and beautiful new stadium get taken over by nasty Philly fans, the most obnoxious rowdy fan base in the NFL. Those same fans that threw beer cans at Vikings fans lol.

Also, if the Eagles win, they get to watch a team take home their first Lombardi in their home stadium in what was looking like their year.

4 hours ago, St Vince said:

Yeah all you say is true but I can only dream the light switch will flip on in Mac head that utilizing RB's in the passing game would make his offense more lethal and protect Rodgers from taking more hits.

Considering the lack of talent that we have at the TE position right now, maybe it would be a good idea to use the RB's in the passing game more often. 

3 hours ago, St Vince said:

Plus having pick #30 is about as painful as it gets. Lowest pick possible without really accomplishing anything.

3 hours ago, St Vince said:

Yes, yes, and yes.

Also, that "Minneapolis Miracle" moved them down to 30th in the draft.

What a great outcome!

14 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

My problem with Capers hasn't been with defensive rankings. Its that his defenses came unglued when playing decent QBs in big games. He's had plenty of #12-14 defenses but then we get to the playoffs and the defense just looks incompetent while giving up 30-40+ points. I don't care about rankings. I care about a defense that excels in situational defense. Can our defense get a stop at the end of a half, at the end of the 4th quarter, red zone. That's what matters. Look at the Patriots year after year. They are rarely a Top 10 overall defense but they play good situational defense and are usually Top 10 in scoring defense. That's what wins games. Not how many yards you give up. Year after year we watch the Patriots, many times devoid of defensive talent, consistently hold good teams and offenses under 30 points. It's pretty rare that a team drops 30+ points on the Patriots. That's what you need. A consistent defense that you can count on to hold the opposing offense in check. That's what it's all about. Especially when you have somebody like Rodgers at QB. Just hold the opposing offense in check. Capers wasn't ever able to do that. The elite offenses would drop 30-40+ points on us like clockwork. Even when we've had solid defensive rankings. That just isn't good enough.

11 hours ago, Chinaski_86 said:

Considering the lack of talent that we have at the TE position right now, maybe it would be a good idea to use the RB's in the passing game more often. 

I was watching the Jags and Pats and was thinking we don't use the RBs more in the passing game. We've got some good RBs but we don't really utilize them much in the passing game. I think that has been our downfall with Capers and McCarthy. They keep trying to match players to a scheme instead of trying to match their scheme to the players. Bortles and Brady had pretty high completion percentages and a big part of it was the throws to RBs. That is what makes the Patriots tough to defend. Everybody always says that they don't have great WRs but they have a great TE and use the RBs heavily in the passing game. We really need to start using the RBs more in the passing game. Some of that is probably on Rodgers. I think the coaching staff needs a serious kum ba ya moment with him and drill it into his head that he needs to utiltize the check downs more often instead of taking sacks and big hits trying to buy more time. Its a slippery slope because that is such a huge part of what makes Rodgers great. He had the perfect balance in 2011 of improvising and choosing the safe play.

13 hours ago, TheEagle said:

We did Eagles fans a favor by beating Dallas twice in the playoffs. Eagles return the favor by beating Minnesota twice in the playoffs. We're becoming best friends with Eagles fans. :)

I'm not sure about that. It's hard to be friends with an Eagles fan. Their terrible.

23 hours ago, WaitWhat said:

I’ll never forget that Seattle meltdown. Was getting giddy the more that second half progressed but still tried to stay somewhat calm knowing it was Seattle and the bull**** that they’ve pulled off. 

Fast forward to that final play in OT as Wilson let the ball fly and I just sank to the couch. Had no real reaction as the pass was caught in the end zone. Don’t even remember how long I sat there, watched the Seahawks celebration emotionless. 

Just a soul crushing loss. Was miserable for at least the next few days. They ******* HAD that game. 

That was brutal. Just heartbreaking.

Archived