NFL News & Notes

Leader

47 minutes ago, Leader said:

Worst Pick: Jason Spriggs

Meh. I know he hasn't done much and was a mid second but he's not even toast yet. Isn't Thornton in this group? Still a third and totally worthless. 

Looks like he really put an accent on them being top 64 picks though

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Norm said:

Meh. I know he hasn't done much and was a mid second but he's not even toast yet. Isn't Thornton in this group? Still a third and totally worthless. 

Looks like he really put an accent on them being top 64 picks though

It's an opinion. Nothing more.

I'd like nothing more than for Spriggs to put it all together this year. He's had guys ahead of him - so his contributions have been called on randomly - and unfortunately, he'll be UFA next year -- so if he puts it all together, it'll just be in time to cash in.

Perhaps a Bulaga salary swap for Spriggs + a 2020 market mark up will be in order. Who knows. Hopefully Spriggs will either earn it (which means somebody went down......) or show he's worth it this year.  Who knows (again).

I love TT, and feel very badly about his health problems, but the GB brass should have taken care of the GM transition a lot sooner. There's no doubt that whether it was TT or someone covering for him, the last 5 years had been pretty poor. 

I'll never forget how quickly and how deftly he built up a contender though, and handled the post-Favre build. His first pick was a HoFer and all-time QB great and his second pick was Nick Collins. A bloody legend. 

1 hour ago, Leader said:

It's an opinion. Nothing more.

I'd like nothing more than for Spriggs to put it all together this year. He's had guys ahead of him - so his contributions have been called on randomly - and unfortunately, he'll be UFA next year -- so if he puts it all together, it'll just be in time to cash in.

Perhaps a Bulaga salary swap for Spriggs + a 2020 market mark up will be in order. Who knows. Hopefully Spriggs will either earn it (which means somebody went down......) or show he's worth it this year.  Who knows (again).

It's my opinion Thornton would have been the "better" choice for worst pick. Nothing more lol

• Like 1