NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, incognito_man said:

Late first for me

everyone "wins" on the evals with injury busts.  If he doesn't play you can say "eh, never liked him in the draft" glossing over that he never got a chance.

If you did like him in the draft, "well, he never got a real shot did he, what a shame such a talent"

Either way, *nods*

(not that he's an injury bust, just a tangent)

12 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

everyone "wins" on the evals with injury busts.  If he doesn't play you can say "eh, never liked him in the draft" glossing over that he never got a chance.

If you did like him in the draft, "well, he never got a real shot did he, what a shame such a talent"

Either way, *nods*

(not that he's an injury bust, just a tangent)

I watched a top 20 NFL busts that was pretty old from ESPN, more than 10 years. A bunch of guys that just got hurt over and over and Skip Bayless called every single one a heartless coward who didn't want it enough, essentially. Lol it was like he did one generic bit for a bust then they used it for a bunch of guys

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

I watched a top 20 NFL busts that was pretty old from ESPN, more than 10 years. A bunch of guys that just got hurt over and over and Skip Bayless called every single one a heartless coward who didn't want it enough, essentially. Lol it was like he did one generic bit for a bust then they used it for a bunch of guys

Lets see.......some off the top of my head candidates:

Mandarich....Ryan Leaf........that OAK QB that blew up to be the size of a house (name escapes me at the moment....)

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Lets see.......some off the top of my head candidates:

Mandarich....Ryan Leaf........that OAK QB that blew up to be the size of a house (name escapes me at the moment....)

Russell wasn't on it. So that's how you know it was old.

Leaf, Tony then Boz were top 3 I remember. I skipped some because I had to get going and wanted to see the top 3 still

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Russell wasn't on it. So that's how you know it was old.

Leaf, Tony then Boz were top 3 I remember. I skipped some because I had to get going and wanted to see the top 3 still

Boz. Yes. I'd forgotten about him.

By today's standards, Boz wouldn't have been a bust because he wouldn't have been a first round pick. There would've been HUGE medical red flags, not to mention the PED tests, and he would've easily fallen out of the first.

36 minutes ago, Joe said:

By today's standards, Boz wouldn't have been a bust because he wouldn't have been a first round pick. There would've been HUGE medical red flags, not to mention the PED tests, and he would've easily fallen out of the first.

Would have happened to Mandarich as well then. He was filthy with roids

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

In light of Kyle Long really losing his ****, is anybody that covers this sport going to talk about his serious drug problem in college?

I have never heard of this... Had to Google it. I swear I paid attention to that draft decently well that year and never heard about the rehab.