NFL News & Notes

Leader

17 hours ago, incognito_man said:

So is it the case that both GB and MIN front office are wrong and you are right?

me and cleveland yea

but seriously, the stats posted are wrong, or at least highly subjective.   At least compare pressure stats from the same data source.  Preston's pressures were the PFF number, so compare Z's to that number.

Edited by skibrett15

26 minutes ago, Leader said:

Prime example of 'a team trades for a contract a player come along in the deal'. The contract has as much to do with trade value as the player does, sometimes more.  In Hopkins case the contract made him worthless on the trade market. 

9 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Don’t understand why people on Twitter want him in GB ( not like it’s gonna happen )

long term success is Watson , Doubs, Reed and the TEs . I don’t want a aging veteran taking away snaps and targets from them

There is some argument to be made for a true veteran voice on the offensive side. Absolutely this is a developmental year for many guys but to be in their best trajectory the young guys need snaps and a good influence on how to grow as a pro. We do not have the cap for top of the market vets but I am still on board for a Cobb or Lewis type of guy in those rooms. 

16 minutes ago, Refugee said:

There is some argument to be made for a true veteran voice on the offensive side. Absolutely this is a developmental year for many guys but to be in their best trajectory the young guys need snaps and a good influence on how to grow as a pro. We do not have the cap for top of the market vets but I am still on board for a Cobb or Lewis type of guy in those rooms. 

Absolutely. I’m very shocked they don’t have one. I just don’t want a guy who is going to demand a lot of snaps 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Don’t understand why people on Twitter want him in GB ( not like it’s gonna happen )

long term success is Watson , Doubs, Reed and the TEs . I don’t want a aging veteran taking away snaps and targets from them

Not to mention gobbling up cap space that can be rolled over if we don't use it. 

11 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

me and cleveland yea

but seriously, the stats posted are wrong, or at least highly subjective.   At least compare pressure stats from the same data source.  Preston's pressures were the PFF number, so compare Z's to that number.

If you find yourself relying on Cleveland to support your stance, it's time to re-evaluate your stance.

*Also, again you're comparing apples and hand grenades. GB couldn't have gotten Z two years ago for the paycheck that Cleveland is giving him.

Edited by incognito_man