NFL News & Notes

Leader

5 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

TheGreatZepp predicted the Rams to go 4-9. I'm presuming he meant 4-13. Those little typos can get you.

I'd not noticed OG was replying to someone else and thought he was looking at the initial post.  👍

15 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

A ruff way to start your pro career.

I see what you did there.....  :)

I once drove a sick pet to an emergency vet in the middle of the night.  I was doing 100 on the highway to get her help.  

And it didn't work.  Poor kitty had something attack her brain overnight and was seizing.  We had to put her down at the vet.  Very, very sad night.  She was only 2.5 years old and just a sweetheart.

I never once gave a rip for getting pulled over at that time.  Focus was on getting the pet help as soon as I could.  

For context, it was about midnight, no one was on the highway and I had about 5 miles to go to get to the office.  

Another time we had a young lab rip her stitches out of her spaying surgery.  I wrapped a towel around her and duct taped the towel tight around her stomach.  I held her while my mom drove back road, very, very fast, in order to get an emergency vet in time.  And that time it worked, dog recovered just fine and lived a great black lab life up in northern Wisconsin.

I've got a soft spot for pets, so if that was reason for speeding?  I totally get it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I see what you did there.....  :)

I once drove a sick pet to an emergency vet in the middle of the night.  I was doing 100 on the highway to get her help.  

And it didn't work.  Poor kitty had something attack her brain overnight and was seizing.  We had to put her down at the vet.  Very, very sad night.  She was only 2.5 years old and just a sweetheart.

I never once gave a rip for getting pulled over at that time.  Focus was on getting the pet help as soon as I could.  

For context, it was about midnight, no one was on the highway and I had about 5 miles to go to get to the office.  

Another time we had a young lab rip her stitches out of her spaying surgery.  I wrapped a towel around her and duct taped the towel tight around her stomach.  I held her while my mom drove back road, very, very fast, in order to get an emergency vet in time.  And that time it worked, dog recovered just fine and lived a great black lab life up in northern Wisconsin.

I've got a soft spot for pets, so if that was reason for speeding?  I totally get it.

It certainly sheds a different light on what he did. I'm in the boat of understanding why he did what he did now.

Compare, that to the other end of the spectrum, Michael Vick. 

On a professional level though, I still think Addison is going to bust. 

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

It certainly sheds a different light on what he did. I'm in the boat of understanding why he did what he did now.

Compare, that to the other end of the spectrum, Michael Vick. 

On a professional level though, I still think Addison is going to bust. 

If in fact, that was why he was driving fast.  In both of my examples, I had very sick pets with me.  Not sure if he did, or not.

Bust wise?  I'm not sure.  Am sure that I wouldn't have used a first on him.  Too slight.  But, I saw the route running in Pitt.  I didn't see as much in USC.  He got a lot of stand up passes and screens there.  I get why he transferred as he lost his QB.  But there are just enough reddish flags around him to make me not want to invest a first into him.

22 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I don't know what it is about this guy, but I just don't see a winner. I see a guy with a ton of talent who doesn't have the IT factor. 

50mil seems to be the baseline for a QB that'll make your team competitive at the playoff/championship level.

26 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I don't know what it is about this guy, but I just don't see a winner. I see a guy with a ton of talent who doesn't have the IT factor. 

You might not see it...but I wouldnt mind if we had him. Nothing against Love (cause he's not played squat) but Herbert's a talent. He has a rocket for an arm.

18 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Hernández: Chargers' Brandon Staley driven to avenge losses - Los Angeles  Times

We shall see. I don't doubt the talent, but I don't see them winning a Super Bowl with the guy. Now, going forward, he's going to be getting a very large portion of the cap. 

His QB rating has declined every year since his rookie year. His TD/INT ration has also declined every year since his rookie year. 

Great arm, lots of talent but won't be the guy to get them over the hump. 

I also, completely understand why they paid him. 

• Like 1

The first time I learned of Herbert’s existence he was destroying the Badgers and my hopes of having a nice New Year’s Day hangover in the Rose Bowl. He was a cut above then and he stepped right into his first year as a pro and showed rookie QBs can get it done. I haven’t watched a ton of Charger’s games but every time I do, he’s making throws. Not surprisingly, he set the market.  There will be others in the next few years that will do it again. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

I'm with yah.  I'm not sure that it isn't a Chargers curse for QB's.  Fouts, Rivers and Herbert.  All put up unreal numbers, but just didn't quite for "it" for big wins.

There is time for Herbert, for sure.  They seem to invest in talent around him.

But, we shall see.  It is strange to see, as an organization.