NFL News & Notes

Leader

Zach Wilson looks relaxed and a completely different quarterback this year. I think the pressure is off with Rodgers in town, so he doesn't have to be the guy. 

I'm also certain Rodgers has been a tremendous influence on the kid. Kudos to Rodgers for being a mentor to the kid. 

32 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Is this going to happen in a regular season game? Once you start doing it, how do you justify stopping doing it?

That is the question. I think the league has to send out a memo defining the protocol. 

It's tough to see any player go off on a stretcher strapped down. I get what the players are going through emotionally, but I think the game has to go on. Now, when you see one of your teammates collapse in front of you and has to basically be brought back to life, that is a whole other level. 

19 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I would say the Eagles are quite a bit better in terms of overall talent.

You could say it, but you'd be wrong. Even if I could admit it was close this year (it's really not considering the Niners DL), the Eagles failed their franchise miserably by giving Hurts a market setting deal when Hurts does not and will never deserve a market setting deal.

The Eagles defense cannot survive without the Eagles ability to run the ball as effectively as they do.
The Eagles will not be able to run the ball as effectively as they do once that OL starts to disappear.
That OL is about to disappear due to simple age, but it will not be replicated.

The Eagles are in the beginning of the decline, and it won't be 4 years before they're rebuilding completely.

And I really get sick of saying this over and over and over and over again only to be told I'm stupid and don't know what I'm talking about when I'm literally right time after time after time.

Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning... Those are quarterbacks who can keep a team in Super Bowl Purgatory. Good enough to get a couple playoff wins, not good enough to get to the next level while being paid market level QB pay.

Even Tom Brady failed to get past the first or second postseason game in years he was paid over 13% of the cap. Don't believe me look it up.

Pat Mahomes is, so far, the only player in NFL history to be able to take that money and lead his team to consistently deep postseason runs. Only player in NFL history to win a Super Bowl above 13% of the cap limit.

Jalen Hurts is not Mahomes.

Don't give me the rushing stats. They're meaningless to a QB and a detriment. Time and time again people say it's not an issue with such and such until it becomes an issue. He's a running liability. Just like Lamar Jackson turned into a realized liability, just like Dak Prescott.

Regardless, it's really not all that much. In his first year as a starter, Hurts had 500 more rushing yards and 8 more rushing touchdowns than Mahomes had in Pat's first year. Patrick Mahomes just happened to have 2,000 more passing yards and 34 more passing touchdowns.

The reason Hurts and Jackson are able to produce those rushing yards is because they were on rookie contracts with elite offensive lines and commitment to running the football. Neither of them have had a 4,000 yard passing season.

Jon Kitna had two. Steve Buerlein had one. Kerry Collins had one. Brad Johnson had one. Phil Simms had one. Jake Plummer had one. Fifty quarterbacks have had one dating back to Joe damn Namath in 1967, nigh on 60 years ago and 60 years of offensive friendly rule changes.

Rant over. The Eagles are not a better team than the Niners due to the Niners DL and their cap health. Niners are set up for a ten year run. Eagles are set up to fail.