NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Leader said:

I imagine they selected the CHI offer because the pick would be higher....but dont know for sure. Either way...it's a bullet dodged.

Yeah .. obviously glad we didn't make that deal.  Claypool may have busted just as hard in GB, but sometimes culture makes a huge difference.  Maybe the environment in GB would have made a ton of difference .. probably not since the player is kind of a knucklehead.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah .. obviously glad we didn't make that deal.  Claypool may have busted just as hard in GB, but sometimes culture makes a huge difference.  Maybe the environment in GB would have made a ton of difference .. probably not since the player is kind of a knucklehead.

For some reason he started to go south in PIT and he didnt do much at all in CHI...but I wouldnt have minded taking a flyer on him. They probably didnt so as not to infect the current WR room with whatever his problem is. Dont know...but hope our guys can stay healthy cause I'm not all that impressed with our "next up" guys Heath & Toure.   

13 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

As far as I know, Pittsburgh is a pretty good place for football players.  And they had enough of his crap.  Seems like they had a bad batch of guys, but they didn't care about jettisoning them either (Brown, Claypool, JuJu).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

As far as I know, Pittsburgh is a pretty good place for football players.  And they had enough of his crap.  Seems like they had a bad batch of guys, but they didn't care about jettisoning them either (Brown, Claypool, JuJu).

The only constants I can draw from his PIT/CHI days is decline and lack of QB performance....and Claypools personal mental make up. He once was a good, productive WR. Not sure what happened. Interested to see how he produces in MIA. This is in fact a contract year for him....so he's landed in a good spot if he's intent on making something of it. 

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Awesome response! Like Rodgers said, he owns it. I hope he goes as a fireman or cop for Halloween with that broom on his lip.

This video also took me to Al Michaels explaining why vegetables suck and he’ll never eat them. I previously thought he was just collecting a check but now he’s an icon.

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

Is it a coincidence that as soon as Claypool was asked to stay away from the team that the Bears actually started playing well??? 

Playing against one of the worst secondaries ever seen certainly didn’t hurt. 

25 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Who's going to give anything for Preston?

Not seeing it happen where he's a guy people want at this point. He's a good JAG at this point of his career. Love the guy, have a son named Preston, but It looks like Father Time is still undefeated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Not seeing it happen where he's a guy people want at this point. He's a good JAG at this point of his career. Love the guy, have a son named Preston, but It looks like Father Time is still undefeated. 

yeah agreed.

Would have to cross your fingers a contender gets the injury bug at the position and or someone who wants a boost in their rotation. Philly essentially fielded two D-lines last year on their way to 70 sacks, and then doubled down on it in the draft.

2 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Playing against one of the worst secondaries ever seen certainly didn’t hurt. 

Seriously. I dont know any of their secondary players and wasnt watching the game straight thru (or much at all in fact) but the game started out with the CHI WRs getting directly behind coverage on the first 3 tosses - the last one for a TD - and based on highlights, it didnt get much better than that.

The WA DL is something to be dealt with (cant speak to their LBs) but this secondary wasnt carrying it's weight last night.

3 hours ago, Laces Out said:

Should be a fun month with the trade deadline on Halloween fast approaching, neat to see teams try to improve their rosters mid season.

P Smith a possible chip, perhaps.

Raymond brought his name up in a other thread, but if the Packers are looking for a decent flyer on a useful running back to add to the mix they should look at Antonio Gibson.  After the Commandos got thrashed by the Bears I think they could be close to sell mode.  Gibson is a talented guy that has fallen out of favor there.  He's a really good receiving back and would fit in GB.  I think he's super underutilized in Washington.  Can't imagine he would cost much at this point. 

• Like 1