NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Did we trade for Gary? 

no, but we could've traded him for a 2nd round pick (probably more) and paid him his money instead.

So, in essence we gave up a 2nd for the pleasure of paying him.

Anyway I'm just being cheeky about it, but the moves made are not THAT different.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

no, but we could've traded him for a 2nd round pick (probably more) and paid him his money instead.

So, in essence we gave up a 2nd for the pleasure of paying him.

Anyway I'm just being cheeky about it, but the moves made are not THAT different.

Is trading for Joe Burrow different than trading for Geno Smith?

That's probably the difference in talent here. Gary is 3rd in the league in pass rush win rate, Sweat is at 8%, not even sure if that's top 50. Sweat is a nice player, a lot like Preston is. They just traded a 2nd and a big deal for 27 year old Preston. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Is trading for Joe Burrow different than trading for Geno Smith?

That's probably the difference in talent here. Gary is 3rd in the league in pass rush win rate, Sweat is at 8%, not even sure if that's top 50. Sweat is a nice player, a lot like Preston is. They just traded a 2nd and a big deal for 27 year old Preston. 

look, gary is a stud no doubt about it.  But he probably fetches a good bit more in the trade than sweat too

Seems like there might be this hidden cost to re-signing your own guys though.  Or looked another way, a nice safety net to hitting big in the draft on one position group (like DL for washington)

20 minutes ago, Leader said:

Not a bad trade for Dobb's career....not that he's the QB of the future in MN....but he will get to showcase his skills with a better receiving corps...and he certainly had no future in AZ.

I'm reminded of Charlie Villanueva for some reason... maybe it's because I want to make a Cancer Patient joke just looking at him.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Not sure why you'd want to make a cancer patient joke for any reason.

Because being insulted in that manner is probably the only thing anyone remembers about Villanueva in this day and age. That and, you know, only *sshole exists on the internet.

27 minutes ago, Leader said:

Not a bad trade for Dobb's career....not that he's the QB of the future in MN....but he will get to showcase his skills with a better receiving corps...and he certainly had no future in AZ.

I'm glad we are in the NFC North. Why would you trade for this guy? He's not getting you to the playoffs. He might get you a few more wins which cost you in draft selection. Between the Bears bungling trade deadline day two years in a row to this, it's good to be a Packer fan. We may be down for now, but thanks to these two jokes of an organization we'll be rising up sooner than most. 

37 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'm glad we are in the NFC North. Why would you trade for this guy? He's not getting you to the playoffs. He might get you a few more wins which cost you in draft selection. Between the Bears bungling trade deadline day two years in a row to this, it's good to be a Packer fan. We may be down for now, but thanks to these two jokes of an organization we'll be rising up sooner than most. 

I’m still waiting for Kwesi to make his first smart move as GM