NFL News & Notes

Leader

99% chance this whole ordeal was mostly just Rodgers stroking his own ego some more. Can't recall another torn achilles injury getting this sort of week to week coverage. In the end, he won't return because the Jets won't have anything to play for anyway, and he'll just say he could've returned if they were in the hunt. He'll then go on McAfee and denounce modern medicine some more while pedaling his magic crystals and homeopathy stuff. Somehow, someway, he'll bring up the "jab" again for no logical reason

• Like 5

It's not either or IMO. Rodgers IS a good team mate, he's also just a huge narcissist. We've known this. Either way, assuming that this isn't all a complete farce and he DOES plan to return to play....IDK how anybody in the Jets org can logically sign off on it. Would just be a monumentally dumb decision on their part

- Jets playoff hopes are already on life support and simply one more loss probably seals their fate

- Jets need to salvage the trade by getting at least 1 season out of Rodgers. Why risk throwing out a 40 year old 3 months removed from a TORN ACHILLES, on MetLife turf no less, to play 2-3 useless games in the cold in December? There's no doubt that he wouldn't even be near 100% either, so there's just no upside to any of this for either party tbh. Rodgers and the Jets need to be focused on being fully ready for NEXT season to try for their one big hurrah at a SB

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

It's not either or IMO. Rodgers IS a good team mate, he's also just a huge narcissist. We've known this. Either way, assuming that this isn't all a complete farce and he DOES plan to return to play....IDK how anybody in the Jets org can logically sign off on it. Would just be a monumentally dumb decision on their part

- Jets playoff hopes are already on life support and simply one more loss probably seals their fate

- Jets need to salvage the trade by getting at least 1 season out of Rodgers. Why risk throwing out a 40 year old 3 months removed from a TORN ACHILLES, on MetLife turf no less, to play 2-3 useless games in the cold in December? There's no doubt that he wouldn't even be near 100% either, so there's just no upside to any of this for either party tbh. Rodgers and the Jets need to be focused on being fully ready for NEXT season to try for their one big hurrah at a SB

I read where the Jets are the 15th seed right now in playoff rankings. A loss this week and it is over. Rodgers said, if there is no chance of the playoffs he's not coming back. He going to need 3 weeks of practice to be ready. The Jets will be eliminated by then. 

I don't think Tim Boyle can beat the Falcons, but I also don't think the Falcons can score against the Jets defense. First team with a defensive TD probably wins. 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I read where the Jets are the 15th seed right now in playoff rankings. A loss this week and it is over. Rodgers said, if there is no chance of the playoffs he's not coming back. He going to need 3 weeks of practice to be ready. The Jets will be eliminated by then. 

I don't think Tim Boyle can beat the Falcons, but I also don't think the Falcons can score against the Jets defense. First team with a defensive TD probably wins. 

NYJ defense isnt very good vs the run. Giving up 140 ypg.  That is Atlanta's strngth offensively.  

I don't get why they are even starting Boyle over either Wilson or Siemien. I mean, none of the options are good obviously, but at least those prior 2 have had some highlight games/won some games at the NFL level. I'm all for it though, because the Jets losing out would be ideal for that 2nd round pick heading GB's way

20 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I read where the Jets are the 15th seed right now in playoff rankings. A loss this week and it is over.

Not necessarily.

The AFC #7 seed (Indy) is 6-5. The #15 seed (Jets) are two games back at 4-7. Obviously there's a whole bunch of teams in between.

We're the NFC #8 seed at 5-6. A game behind the #7 seed (Vikings) @ 6-6

We're all talking playoffs. Is it so far from reality that based on record alone the Jets could make the playoffs?

Again - I think the Jet FO is trying to rally the troops to make a push. Simply based on how they've been playing (they've lost 4 straight....) I dont think they'll make it - but to say they're out of it is a bit premature. Outside of the division winners, nobody's running away with anything. They're all doing their fair share of losing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I don't get why they are even starting Boyle over either Wilson or Siemien. I mean, none of the options are good obviously, but at least those prior 2 have had some highlight games/won some games at the NFL level. I'm all for it though, because the Jets losing out would be ideal for that 2nd round pick heading GB's way

When your organization has so much leverage, you often do silly things!!!

26 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I don't get why they are even starting Boyle over either Wilson or Siemien. I mean, none of the options are good obviously, but at least those prior 2 have had some highlight games/won some games at the NFL level.

Maybe it has something to do with Boyle’s familiarity with Hackett from their time together in GB. 

51 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

I don’t put it past Rodgers to want to prove a point and try to come back just to say he did, and considering the state of the Jets overall, perhaps he is thinking about auditioning for a different team next year? I know, wild speculation but..

Jets take on a massive amount of deadcap by trading Rodgers. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/aaron-rodgers-3745/

Pre June 1st:  2024 is $63M dead cap ( $45.8M more than if they keep him)

Post June 1st: 2024 is $14M deadcap ( $3.1M savings) and 2025 is $49M deadcap

Thankfully that contract is no longer GB  problem

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

I don’t put it past Rodgers to want to prove a point and try to come back just to say he did, and considering the state of the Jets overall, perhaps he is thinking about auditioning for a different team next year? I know, wild speculation but..

100%

If there's anything guaranteed alongside death and taxes it's Aaron doing something to stroke his ego. And using "alternative medicine" to come back from a torn Achilles in the same season is the most Aaron Rodgers ego stroke for himself imaginable.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

100%

If there's anything guaranteed alongside death and taxes it's Aaron doing something to stroke his ego. And using "alternative medicine" to come back from a torn Achilles in the same season is the most Aaron Rodgers ego stroke for himself imaginable.

How is it alternative medicine?

7 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

How is it alternative medicine?

You know how TB12 became a brand?

Just wait til AR8 profits off this recovery with a host of alternative medicine options for sale. He stands to make a lot of money off a comeback.

"I rubbed this bushweasel paste on my ankle every night. It grows only in 1sq mile of this world in the wild. You can have a tube for $249!"

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

You know how TB12 became a brand?

Just wait til AR8 profits off this recovery with a host of alternative medicine options for sale. He stands to make a lot of money off a comeback.

Whatever special blend of herbs, reindeer jizz and Dr. Joe Rogan’s secret pills he’s been taking will definitely be available in the marketplace.  

• Like 2